How can Obamanomics play out?

Doesn't the same apply - and wouldn't it be a MUCH bigger deal - to our much greater imports from Canada?

Unless those never had tarrifs on them...

To my recollection, which I'm not 100% sure about, I dont believe we ever did have tarrifs with Canada. I may be wrong though

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my recollection, which I'm not 100% sure about, I dont believe we ever did have tarrifs with Canada. I may be wrong though

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we also lose a lot of jobs because of NAFTA?

Didn't you hear? The rich just aren't paying enough taxes. Those tax breaks on private jets dug us a hole we may never get out of. Do you know the rich use those jets to fly just their pet dogs around?

The sad part is, if you listen to morons like Dave or pee, that's exactly what they think.

What is it, like 2% of the nation owns 98% of it's wealth? How did we let this happen?

I believe you already answered your question:

Let's face it, we are a spoiled, lazy, and unmotivated bunch that have a sense of self entitlement.

It's us, the people. We are to blame. We need to stop pointing the finger at others and take a long look in the mirror. It's always someone else's fault. No it isn't. It's all our fault. It's time to face reality. Give more. Work harder. Stop getting divorced and raise your children in a healthy environment so that they can focus on their education instead of their parents' problems. Put the drinks and drugs down. Stop being consumed by television and video games. Tutor your children that need additional help. These are all the things we control as a people, not the government. We don't need help from them. Let's get things straight at home and the rest will take care of itself.

Funny, other than the divorce, this is pretty much how those '2%' live.

Edited by KD in CT

The sad part is, if you listen to morons like Dave or pee, that's exactly what they think.

I believe you already answered your question:

Funny, other than the divorce, this is pretty much how those '2%' live.

The really sad thing is that you believe they should lower taxes for them.

really? ever been to a frat party at an upper echelon school?

No, but been to ones with a bunch of middle income family type kids. Is it worse than parties where everyone is coked/tripping/x-ing and certain types of girls get passed around like candy?

No, but been to ones with a bunch of middle income family type kids. Is it worse than parties where everyone is coked/tripping/x-ing and certain types of girls get passed around like candy?

that's about it except i think they have better drugs...must admit that the komonawannalaya weekend at skidmore was the highlight of more than a few kid's academic year.

Edited by birdog1960

that's about it except i think they have better drugs

I think that is just a kid thing really. Actually, I found that the ones with the most restrictive upbringing went the most crazy. On the other hand, the ones that did not burn out, ended up doing fine. Going back to their roots as it were, if you follow me.

I think that is just a kid thing really. Actually, I found that the ones with the most restrictive upbringing went the most crazy. On the other hand, the ones that did not burn out, ended up doing fine. Going back to their roots as it were, if you follow me.

I don't know, but in my experiences, spaniards are the craziest of them all. :beer:

What have you been up to in your travels? Any crazy Spanish women? I love their exotic looks. :beer:

Day off here. I actually have time to post.

Actually I'm back from my vacation, but I'm trying to sort out how I am going to run my business now cuz of this stupid Dodd Frank Bill. But in regards to the Spaniards, most of them I have met either when I was living in South Beach, back when I was partying pretty hard or in Bolivia and one thing I have observed, they are some crazy !@#$ers. I mean, they party hard, champions leagues of partiers.

In regards to women, I just looove the Brazilians. Full of as they say alegre', always seem to be happy, very sexual and they like to have fun. I also have to say that Brazil may be the least racist country in the world, you have such a wide variety of looks there, you have the morenas, negras, blondes, I mean everything and its amazing to see how open they are towards each other. Yep, always did have somethin for Brazil and their chicks.

Edited by Magox

Actually I'm back from my vacation, but I'm trying to sort out how I am going to run my business now cuz of this stupid Dodd Frank Bill. But in regards to the Spaniards, most of them I have met either when I was living in South Beach, back when I was partying pretty hard or in Bolivia and one thing I have observed, they are some crazy !@#$ers. I mean, they party hard, champions leagues of partiers.

In regards to women, I just looove the Brazilians. Full of as they say alegre', always seem to be happy, very sexual and they like to have fun. I also have to say that Brazil may be the least racist country in the world, you have such a wide variety of looks there, you have the morenas, negras, blondes, I mean everything and its amazing to see how open they are towards each other. Yep, always did have somethin for Brazil and their chicks.

Read your post on that, that totally sucks and I wish you the best. You will figure a way out. Oh and to stay in PPP mode, You are an idiot®.

/hands Tom another dollar

Peruvians are fun too...if you can get beyond their total inability to tell time. ("We have to be there at 5:30? It's only eight, we've got time..." :wallbash:)

Read your post on that, that totally sucks and I wish you the best. You will figure a way out. Oh and to stay in PPP mode, You are an idiot®.

/hands Tom another dollar

I do offer bulk rates. Send me $75, and you're good for a hundred posts.

Peruvians are fun too...if you can get beyond their total inability to tell time. ("We have to be there at 5:30? It's only eight, we've got time..." :wallbash:)

Does that come in handy when you tell her it lasted way longer than 1 minute?

:devil:

but this is what it will take to get entitlements under control...that or have the private insurers do it, which for some reason you folks are eager to accept. we need to stop the mri's for the people that "just want to know" and the stress test on 30 year olds with gas pains and all the futile care. the gov't really is the only entity that can effectively do this. same for social security reform. the painful stuff has to happen. if you're asking if the political will really exists on either side then i agree, that's a serious question.

Adding yet another entitlement is what it will take to get entitlements under control? :o

no, you don't realize what i'm arguing...for reasonable rationing based on thoughtful allocation of limited resources, for safe harbors to just say no, for refusal without fear of reprisal for denying unnecessary care. for empowering people with actual medical knowledge to be the decision makers. everywhere in the world that this has worked has a govt run system.

The government can ration health care for those on Medicare and Medicaid without destroying the system for everyone else. And government run systems in other countries are failing.

The government can ration health care for those on Medicare and Medicaid without destroying the system for everyone else. And government run systems in other countries are failing.

sure, if the private insurers agree to take the sickest patients and not cherry pick (and that is coming in 2014 when pre-existing conditions go away- just wait for the rationing from anthem, humana and the like when it happens.

and no, the us came in 31st in world mortality statistics in the most recent report but spent by far the most. almost every nation ahead of us had govt run healtjhcare, rationing and an emphasis on primary care.

Edited by birdog1960

sure, if the private insurers agree to take the sickest patients and not cherry pick (and that is coming in 2014 when pre-existing conditions go away- just wait for the rationing from anthem, humana and the like when it happens.

and no, the us came in 31st in world mortality statistics in the most recent report but spent by far the most. almost every nation ahead of us had govt run healtjhcare, rationing and an emphasis on primary care.

Are we holding all other variables constant? :rolleyes:

I expect this **** out of Dave. If you were smart enough to get through med school you should be smart enough to understand how empty that statistic is.