• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2010.htm

Aaron Maybin started a game. That makes him a starter, buh-bye

Trent Edwards started 2 games, already gone

Brian Brohm started a game, doubt he'll be resigned

Chris Kelsay started 16 games :sick:. Already thoroughly discussed in this thread

Keith Ellison started 4 games. My suspicion is that he knows where Ralph is hiding a body

1. Kelsay as a linebacker

2. Kelsay as a defensive lineman

And all the kelsay lovers who keep saying he isn't that bad.... HE IS!!

How many times are you going to be happy with teams running by him and 4-5 sacks a year

I don't think anyone besides Kelsay's family and Ralph can be called a Kelsay lover. I think everyone on this board can agree with #1, but to his defense, he was respectable as a 4-3 DE last year. IIRC 3.0 of his 3.5 sacks came after the Bills switched to the hybrid 4-3 scheme at midseason.

Cut? There are a few benches for sure. Kelsay is just too lost in this system but he'd be a late cut for me once you see guys like merriman in camp.

Who counts as starter at RT?

Was stroud considered a starter? He'd be top 3-4 after last year.

Otherwise mostly positions I'd like to seeimproved, which is a different question

:lol: I had trouble with that question too.

I don't think anyone besides Kelsay's family and Ralph can be called a Kelsay lover. I think everyone on this board can agree with #1, but to his defense, he was respectable as a 4-3 DE last year. IIRC 3.0 of his 3.5 sacks came after the Bills switched to the hybrid 4-3 scheme at midseason.

Kelsay has pictures, no doubt about it.

1. Kelsay as a linebacker

2. Kelsay as a defensive lineman

And all the kelsay lovers who keep saying he isn't that bad.... HE IS!!

How many times are you going to be happy with teams running by him and 4-5 sacks a year

I'd be fine with 4 sacks but he'd need to stop the run or cover.... Currently not any of those things are true.

The Bills have some major holes to fill still & with a harder schedule, I think there is trouble coming. That's basically the premise of what I am reading here, is that a safe conclusion??

It is a safe conclusion in that it would have to begin with cutting the starter at team owner Mr. Ralph in order to truly make a difference.

Unfortunately, only god can really cut him and like a cut of any player the real question is not who gets cut but who or what replaces him.

I would really need to see who replaces a starter before dispensing with him. In addition, I certainly would likely demote rather than cut a starter unless there was a contractual reason why cutting him makes sense for us,

The most likely cuts per se are actually the UFAs if we choose not to resign them. From this list likely Whitner is the starter not worth what the market will give him we can do without. He is a disappointment more because we wanted and expected a Pro Bowl level player. He is starter quality but no where near Pro Bowl quality.

In addition Drayton Florence is a good player from my perspective but hits the free market at a position hard to fill and likely will attract more interest from the market than we can pay.

1st round pick McKelvin gets the shot. He actually is a pretty good cover corner but is quite infuriating to many as a punt returner so letting Florence go is regreattable but not a bad choice.

It is a safe conclusion in that it would have to begin with cutting the starter at team owner Mr. Ralph in order to truly make a difference.

Unfortunately, only god can really cut him and like a cut of any player the real question is not who gets cut but who or what replaces him.

I would really need to see who replaces a starter before dispensing with him. In addition, I certainly would likely demote rather than cut a starter unless there was a contractual reason why cutting him makes sense for us,

The most likely cuts per se are actually the UFAs if we choose not to resign them. From this list likely Whitner is the starter not worth what the market will give him we can do without. He is a disappointment more because we wanted and expected a Pro Bowl level player. He is starter quality but no where near Pro Bowl quality.

In addition Drayton Florence is a good player from my perspective but hits the free market at a position hard to fill and likely will attract more interest from the market than we can pay.

1st round pick McKelvin gets the shot. He actually is a pretty good cover corner but is quite infuriating to many as a punt returner so letting Florence go is regreattable but not a bad choice.

Become a politician.