The Future Of Air Combat?

He'd probably say you're an idiot.

Because you're an idiot.

You need help. I don't know if prozac will help you but whatever it is go and find some help. No! Don't do it online, go and actually see a living doctor. Put the mouse down and get away from the computer. There is a world away from twobillsdrive.com, there really is. You don't need to post your hate on every single thread dude. Take a break already. If you follow my advice you might actually thank me one day. Get some sun or something

You need help. I don't know if prozac will help you but whatever it is go and find some help. No! Don't do it online, go and actually see a living doctor. Put the mouse down and get away from the computer. There is a world away from twobillsdrive.com, there really is. You don't need to post your hate on every single thread dude. Take a break already. If you follow my advice you might actually thank me one day. Get some sun or something

Actually, I'm bipolar, take Zoloft, and see a doctor regularly.

And he thinks you're an idiot.

I think you both need to drop the tough facade and really start communicating with each other. Dave, how does it make you feel when Tom calls you an idiot? And Tom, we understand that you are frustrated with Dave, but what is he doing that makes you want to say hurtful things to him?

I don't think either of you would have carried on this dialogue for so long unless you really truly cared about each other, so why don't you both try and recall a time when you were both very happy and remember what brought you together in the first place. Its ok to cry, you're both safe here.

I think you both need to drop the tough facade and really start communicating with each other. Dave, how does it make you feel when Tom calls you an idiot? And Tom, we understand that you are frustrated with Dave, but what is he doing that makes you want to say hurtful things to him?

I don't think either of you would have carried on this dialogue for so long unless you really truly cared about each other, so why don't you both try and recall a time when you were both very happy and remember what brought you together in the first place. Its ok to cry, you're both safe here.

:lol:

!@#$. :beer:

I think the drone race is going to come down to a few things. Which countries kids are the better gamers. Who has the fastest gpu for maximum fps and the best internet connection.

I think the drone race is going to come down to a few things. Which countries kids are the better gamers. Who has the fastest gpu for maximum fps and the best internet connection.

South Korea's gonna rule the world. Hands down.

South Korea's gonna rule the world. Hands down.

Well they definitely got the internet connection. Hardware is a wash. Not sure who has the better gaming kids. However, superfast connection is something that even the fastest twitchy kid can not over come. Interesting scenario

Well they definitely got the internet connection. Hardware is a wash. Not sure who has the better gaming kids. However, superfast connection is something that even the fastest twitchy kid can not over come. Interesting scenario

It's the 24-7 training. Gaming appears much more mainstreamed there. Kids can earn 100k gaming professionally, there are gaming TV channels which show the stars playing, and in the cities there are seemingly gaming places on every block. Whenever you read a news blurb about excesses of gaming - some kid going 72 hours straight, for example - its usually in Korea.

Ender's Game

Set in Earth's future, the novel presents an imperiled humankind who have barely survived two conflicts with the Formics (an insectoid alien species also known as the "Buggers"). In preparation for an anticipated third invasion, an international fleet maintains a school to find and train future fleet commanders. The world's most talented children, including the novel's protagonist, Ender Wiggin, are taken at a very young age to a training center known as the Battle School. There, teachers train them in the arts of war through increasingly difficult games including ones undertaken in zero gravity in the Battle Room where Ender's tactical genius is revealed.

I won't spoil the book if someone wants to read it, but it is applicable here considering where the thread has gone. Anyone read this fantastic book by Orson Scott Card?

On topic, this to me presents the possibility of cutting the cost of the US Navy and still being able to project power. These drones are substantially smaller and would allow our carriers to shrink as a consequence. I have mentioned this as a possibility in the past, but the idea was shot down by Tom. The main concern to me would be, what happens if someone develops a jammer of some sort. Would you want the possibility of losing control of your entire air fleet?

There is a moral concern as well. Does it turn more "gameish" when it all seems to be a video game? Thoughts?

On topic, this to me presents the possibility of cutting the cost of the US Navy and still being able to project power. These drones are substantially smaller and would allow our carriers to shrink as a consequence. I have mentioned this as a possibility in the past, but the idea was shot down by Tom. The main concern to me would be, what happens if someone develops a jammer of some sort. Would you want the possibility of losing control of your entire air fleet?

There is a moral concern as well. Does it turn more "gameish" when it all seems to be a video game? Thoughts?

Or allow the same sized carriers to project more power.

But technological wizardry is not nearly as important as C3, and in the history of warfare no technological advance has EVER replaced manned anything, merely complemented it (not the least reason for which is that the best technology has peak reliability rates that are WELL below what a trained person can achieve). Drones will be integrated into carrier air wings, sure...but never replace them.

But at least you twigged to "power projection" as the strategic purpose and justification for carriers, which alone makes you more knowledgeable than about 99% of Americans.

Ender's Game

I won't spoil the book if someone wants to read it, but it is applicable here considering where the thread has gone. Anyone read this fantastic book by Orson Scott Card?

Did not like it.

And judging by his nonfiction writing, Card is one of the biggest idiots on the planet. He'd give conner a run for his money.

Or allow the same sized carriers to project more power.

But technological wizardry is not nearly as important as C3, and in the history of warfare no technological advance has EVER replaced manned anything, merely complemented it (not the least reason for which is that the best technology has peak reliability rates that are WELL below what a trained person can achieve). Drones will be integrated into carrier air wings, sure...but never replace them.

But at least you twigged to "power projection" as the strategic purpose and justification for carriers, which alone makes you more knowledgeable than about 99% of Americans.

Did not like it.

And judging by his nonfiction writing, Card is one of the biggest idiots on the planet. He'd give conner a run for his money.

You should rarely if ever say never. Have you been paying attention to the technological progress taking place? Thirty years from now I have a hard time believing somebody will be saying seriously that machines/computers will not be replacing most labor needed on the planet in the not too distant future.

Booster: Don't you think Air Craft Carriers themselves will be obsolete soon? On so many levels it seems that they will not be needed. Geo-politically, technologically, economically they will be dinosaures soon.

You should rarely if ever say never. Have you been paying attention to the technological progress taking place? Thirty years from now I have a hard time believing somebody will be saying seriously that machines/computers will not be replacing most labor needed on the planet in the not too distant future.

Booster: Don't you think Air Craft Carriers themselves will be obsolete soon? On so many levels it seems that they will not be needed. Geo-politically, technologically, economically they will be dinosaures soon.

You do realize people have been making this argument for about 200 years.

You should rarely if ever say anything. I know a HELL of a lot about this topic. You... :lol:

You should rarely if ever say anything.

I beg to differ. Dave's contributions support the better to be thought a fool, than open one's mouth and remove all doubt theory. Most folks here understand Dave for what he is. Every time he posts, he proves the saying correct

I know a HELL of a lot about this topic. You... :lol:

Personal experience pales in comparison to the Party line