Vic Carucci leaving nfl.com - doing Browns radio show

bbb

Browns show is Mon-Fri. He's continuing on Sirius on Saturdays. I'd assume he'll be around on Sundays still as well.

But, don't you think he'll be obligated to at the Browns games now instead of the Bills?

Why would he do it?

"This is an incredibly exciting opportunity," Carucci said. "You're talking about a franchise with such a rich history and some of the most passionate fans in all of sports. The radio show is an ideal platform to interact with them on a daily basis. The other very attractive part of this job is being able to work with one of the true legends of the game in Mike Holmgren and with the highly talented front-office team that he has put together. Everything about this organization is first class."

That and I'm sure money plus the opportunity to do something new...

I didn't, know he had any connections to the browns organization ...does anyone know why he'd take such a gig?

More importantly, why wouldn't he take a Bills gig? Can't speak to his prowess behind a mic, but I can for Murphy -and we NEED AN UPGRADE!

But, don't you think he'll be obligated to at the Browns games now instead of the Bills?

He may be there, but that doesn't disqualify him from watching other games (perhaps dvr'ed or whatever) and providing analysis. He's not going to be in the booth calling browns games.

You guys really wondering why he's working for the Browns and not the Bills? Because Cleveland offered him $$$$ and the Bills did not. Seems simple enough.

Why would he do it?

"This is an incredibly exciting opportunity," Carucci said. "You're talking about a franchise with such a rich history and some of the most passionate fans in all of sports. The radio show is an ideal platform to interact with them on a daily basis. The other very attractive part of this job is being able to work with one of the true legends of the game in Mike Holmgren and with the highly talented front-office team that he has put together. Everything about this organization is first class."

That and I'm sure money plus the opportunity to do something new...

Of course, he's going to say something like that. I don't think the money would be any better working for one specific team instead of nfl.com. There isn't much money in radio these days.

Like Chandler, I just wonder why if he was going to do this, he didn't do it with the Bills. He lives here, has for decades.

He may be there, but that doesn't disqualify him from watching other games (perhaps dvr'ed or whatever) and providing analysis. He's not going to be in the booth calling browns games.

You guys really wondering why he's working for the Browns and not the Bills? Because Cleveland offered him $$$$ and the Bills did not. Seems simple enough.

Re: your first paragraph, I just don't think he'll be able to host the Bills postgame anymore. That was the only part of the postgame I liked. I hate being bored with player interviews.

I do agree that the 2nd paragraph has to be right.

Vic Carucci lost all credibility by being a dyed in the wool Dick Jauron supporter. Year after year he would blame the players and never lay the blame on the borderline idiot head coach. It was sad and pathetic how he would talk about the need for continuity when it was clear by most fans that Jauron was a train wreck of a leader. I would literally laugh at Carucci when he'd sing the praises of Dick Jauron. I don't know what happened to the guy, but I could care less that he's signed on with the Browns.

Why would he do it?

Everything about this organization is first class."

It is to laugh.......

They must have thrown a ton of money at him to come up with that one---and that is likely just the beginning of his debasement.