This Youtube Pitbull Beating thing

Been unfortunately following this all day. Havent watched the actual video yet, and probably wont. But I already want to drive up to Buffalo and show this guy a thing or two about taking a beating.

Original Story:

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/Vicious-dog-beating-caught-on-camera

Article about the dog, that just proves how amazing these animals can be:

http://www.yourspca.org/page.aspx?pid=531

"She is such a love," said SPCA Director of Admissions/Animal Rescue/Behavior & Training Amy Lewis, who assisted with Diamond when she was rushed to the SPCA infirmary Saturday afternoon. "Even after what she's been through, she's kissing everyone, greeting everybody, and her tail just keeps going! She's a wiggly little girl!"

Article about the scumbag who did it:

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/buffalo/Man-denies-beating-dog

Kudos to the SPCA investigators for both finding the dog so quickly, and then tracking down this dirtball. The dumbass is now denying it, even though he is on camera. If they do end up letting him walk, I'll be on my way back home with a bat and a tool kit with this guys name on it.

it's such a shame Pit Bulls have been given such a bad rep by some disgusting people....i remember doing some volunteer work at the Richmond SPCA and spending time with some Pit Bulls that were unbelievably loving and friendly...unfortunately, their reputation was stuck in the back of my mind, and I felt horrible about thinking that way...

Human's suck!!!!

it's such a shame Pit Bulls have been given such a bad rep by some disgusting people....i remember doing some volunteer work at the Richmond SPCA and spending time with some Pit Bulls that were unbelievably loving and friendly...unfortunately, their reputation was stuck in the back of my mind, and I felt horrible about thinking that way...

Human's suck!!!!

People dont realize that Pitbulls dont fight because they are mean, they fight because they have been trained to think that is what will make their owners happy. And all they want to do is make their humans happy. Even if that means dying in a fight.

They are truly the best dogs.

http://www.ywgrossman.com/photoblog/?p=676

FOR OVER ONE HUNDRED YEARS AMERICANS KNEW PIT BULLS FOR WHAT THEY DID BEST. BABYSITTING.

Astoundingly, for most of our history America’s nickname for Pit Bulls was “The Nanny Dog”. For generations if you had children and wanted to keep them safe you wanted a pit bull, the dog that was the most reliable of any breed with children or adults.

http://www.moderndogmagazine.com/articles/what-it-about-pit-bulls/17294

In truth, bully breeds are goofy, loyal, lovey dogs, by and large fantastic with children. In the UK, they were known as “nanny” dogs, and many Victorian illustrations of family life portray a sweet Pit Bull-type dog overseeing his chubby, beribboned charges.

Tell me that after you've had to fight for your life against one.

I experienced the business end of a pit bull (and to a somewhat lesser degree, a boxer) just recently when I was walking in the road with my dog.

It doesn't necessarily have to be taught or re-inforced. The same way my dog automatically points his tail and lifts his front paw when he sees a mallard duck, pit bulls and their derivatives are innately hard-wired that when they attack, they go for the throat and they go for a kill. Now, any individual one may never attack anyone, but make no mistake that the ability and instinct is just beneath the surface.

Now, it's not right to beat a dog who's never done anything. But if there was any previous incident, that would be mitigation in my book. Still not right... but I could at least understand it.

Human's suck!!!!

You got that right. Pit Bulls(Staffordshire Terriers), Rottweilers & Doberman Pinschers have all gotten bad reputations because of idiotic owners.

Dogs were meant to be pets, companions, guardians & used for special services. Dogs are not supposed to give people an "image", or make a person look tough.

Tell me that after you've had to fight for your life against one.

I experienced the business end of a pit bull (and to a somewhat lesser degree, a boxer) just recently when I was walking in the road with my dog.

It doesn't necessarily have to be taught or re-inforced. The same way my dog automatically points his tail and lifts his front paw when he sees a mallard duck, pit bulls and their derivatives are innately hard-wired that when they attack, they go for the throat and they go for a kill. Now, any individual one may never attack anyone, but make no mistake that the ability and instinct is just beneath the surface.

Now, it's not right to beat a dog who's never done anything. But if there was any previous incident, that would be mitigation in my book. Still not right... but I could at least understand it.

What you point out are traits that were bred into the dog by people. This breed has been weaponized by people. And it takes people to bring it out in them.

Pitbulls do not innately attack anymore than your typical Golden Retriever or GSP. That behavior is taught. The problem is, that when they attack, they are better at it than any other dog.

But the desire to attack/kill is not any more prevalent in Pitbulls than it is every other breed. As a matter of fact, Pitbulls score much better than a lot of your more popular breeds when it comes to non-aggressive behavior.

If those dogs attacked you somehow, look to their owners and how they raised/trained them.

I never said Pitbulls "can't" or "don't" do damage, just that it's truly NOT their natural behavior.

You got that right. Pit Bulls(Staffordshire Terriers), Rottweilers & Doberman Pinschers have all gotten bad reputations because of idiotic owners.

Dogs were meant to be pets, companions, guardians & used for special services. Dogs are not supposed to give people an "image", or make a person look tough.

100% correct! The biggest problem facing the Bully breeds is that they have become a "fashion accessory" for !@#$s. And those !@#$s dont train, exercise, socialize, or love them like a normal dog owner should. So what you end up with is a dog with a LOT of anxiety and no training and no social skills. Recipe for disaster, cooked by humans, blamed on the dog.

it's such a shame Pit Bulls have been given such a bad rep by some disgusting people....i remember doing some volunteer work at the Richmond SPCA and spending time with some Pit Bulls that were unbelievably loving and friendly...unfortunately, their reputation was stuck in the back of my mind, and I felt horrible about

Human's suck!!!!

Disagree conpletely. My dog, a shih tzu was attacked by a "friendly" pit bull. This dog was a family pet to a rich family, who said he was the sweetest dog in the world. Well this sweetheart got out of his yard and chased down my dog, and bit his head, causing him to pop his eye out, while my 6 year old daughters watched in horror. These dogs are a major nuisance. They snap at any time.

Disagree conpletely. My dog, a shih tzu was attacked by a "friendly" pit bull. This dog was a family pet to a rich family, who said he was the sweetest dog in the world. Well this sweetheart got out of his yard and chased down my dog, and bit his head, causing him to pop his eye out, while my 6 year old daughters watched in horror. These dogs are a major nuisance. They snap at any time.

And I was attacked on a walk by a "friendly" Schnauzer. Dogs attack sometimes, not just certain types of dogs.

What you point out are traits that were bred into the dog by people. This breed has been weaponized by people. And it takes people to bring it out in them.

Pitbulls do not innately attack anymore than your typical Golden Retriever or GSP. That behavior is taught. The problem is, that when they attack, they are better at it than any other dog.

Traits that have been bred into a dog DO NOT "take a human to bring them out." That's like saying an infant with a congenital heart defect learned their condition from their parents. :huh:

I would say, rather, it takes a human to control those traits. Many people can't control an average dog properly, nevermind the traditional fighting breeds. Whatever their threshold is for attacking, it doesn't make up for the fact that when they bite, they don't let go.

Ditto.

Edited by UConn James

And I was attacked on a walk by a "friendly" Schnauzer. Dogs attack sometimes, not just certain types of dogs.

Except that when a pitbull attacks it has the potential to kill. Unless you are supremely adept at dog training and control, you should not own something that can kill rather easily. I own a Golden and a German Shorthair Pointer and the golden retrieves like it was bred to do and the pointer points like it was bred to do. I never taught any of these traits. A dog that has been bred to fight or protect needs an owner that can control them without question.

Except that when a pitbull attacks it has the potential to kill. Unless you are supremely adept at dog training and control, you should not own something that can kill rather easily. I own a Golden and a German Shorthair Pointer and the golden retrieves like it was bred to do and the pointer points like it was bred to do. I never taught any of these traits. A dog that has been bred to fight or protect needs an owner that can control them without question.

I also have a golden retriever and he won't retrieve sh*t :wallbash:

Agreed, I have two German Shepherds who are both great dogs but it is there instinct to protect their "family". I've had Shepherds my whole life and probably will always have one because I love the breed. That being said I wouldn't necessarily recommend a GSD to first time dog owner because it takes a strong willed, knowledgeable owner to raise one correctly.

I also have a golden retriever and he won't retrieve sh*t :wallbash:

:lol: I don't think I've ever known a retriever that won't chase a ball. How old is he/she?

:lol: I don't think I've ever known a retriever that won't chase a ball. How old is he/she?

He's almost 4.... I exaggerate saying he won't retrieve, it more that once picked up he has no plans to GIVE the ball/stick whatever to me. He comes near and runs away each time I reach for the item. If I do get ahold he thinks its a tug of war.... damned dog. :thumbdown:

:flirt:

Edited by theesir