Browns awarded 9 more yards

Thailog80

NFL tonight said the league awarded the browns nine more yards after reviewing the game. I dont remeber the specifics or the play in question. But it moved our D's all time performance from 5th to 7th.

165054[/snapback]

...and the bills take dick-in-the-ass #118 in stride....

i think the league front office just felt sorry for the browns and wanted to give them something, anything to help them maintain some shred of dignity

imo they should have just let it rest and let the browns and the city of cleveland just try to forget about the dominating humiliation we layed upon them

The Browns made perhaps their biggest offensive gain in the last week, picking up nine yards Thursday when Elias Sports Bureau made a scoring change. A Luke McCown sack from last Sunday's game against the Bills was switched to an aborted play, which means the nine "loose yards" are not counted against the team's total. The ruling improves the Browns' offensive output from 17 yards (fifth-worst in NFL history) to 26 yards (seventh-worst in NFL history).

So it was an aborted sack on mccown that gave the browns back 9 yards :D

So now our sack total to that game drops to 7. 6 on McCown and 1 on garcia.

I hate odd #'s :devil:

What it is, is unadulterated crap. The play in question was the shotgun snap that got away from McCown, and Spikes' sack for a 9-yard loss after McCown regained control of the ball. Looks like this in the play-by-play:

1-10-BUF 41 (13:31) (Shotgun) 12-L.McCown FUMBLES (Aborted) at 50, and recovers at 50. 12-L.McCown sacked at 50 for -9 yards (51-T.Spikes).

So, if that play never happened, why was the following play 2nd-and-19 instead of 2nd-and 10? The Browns DID lose those nine yards; the line of scrimmage for second down was the 50, not the Buffalo 41... but according to the NFL revision, that nine-yard loss was apparently a figment of our collective imagination.

This musta been the play where the refs spotted the ball in the wrong direction...idiots...

165079[/snapback]

The Bills had the ball when that happened. It was a punt, wasn't it? So it would not have affected the reckoning for Cleveland's offensive output.

Maybe since the league awarded Cleveland 9 more yards, Buffalo's defense will take it upon themselves to go out and hold Cincinnati to under 10 yards of total offence. :devil:

So, if that play never happened, why was the following play 2nd-and-19 instead of 2nd-and 10? The Browns DID lose those nine yards; the line of scrimmage for second down was the 50, not the Buffalo 41... but according to the NFL revision, that nine-yard loss was apparently a figment of our collective imagination.

165188[/snapback]

I think you should send this to TMQ on the NFL.com site.

He loves to make comment on this kind of inane crap that shows the NFL's minute bungles.

Possible haiku:

Browns amass seventeen

'Aborted play' describes effort

Take the nine yards

Or maybe someone can come up with something like 'Nine yards into the ether'....

Well if they can add yards after the game is over.Why not just give us a win for the stevestojan calls in oakland.

Great Idea! Perhaps we can petition the league to give us a win in that game (so both us and okland have a W). Or at least a tie. A tie right now would be so key in this playoff race. I take it!