$1 Billion in Debt forgiveness for Egypt

Plus some start up cash for the Muslim Brotherhood???

I know the US has forgiven debt before, just seems like the timing and to whom is a little odd. Odd being, our country is in need of some recovery, first before we start giving more tax payer dollars away, IMO.

http://www.examiner.com/finance-examiner-in-national/obama-to-provide-3-billion-support-to-muslin-brotherhood-egypt

Telling Israel to eff off...and this.

Hoping all the Jews that voted for this clown are happy.....

Asking them to obide by the UN mandate that gave a bunch of Europeans and Russians a country in the first place is telling them to eff off? No, "eff off" is what theyve been telling us for 40 years by taking our billions in aid and support at the UN, and continuing west bank and Jerusalem occupation expansion unabated.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Asking them to obide by the UN mandate that gave a bunch of Europeans and Russians a country in the first place is telling them to eff off? No, "eff off" is what theyve been telling us for 40 years by taking our billions in aid and support at the UN, and continuing west bank and Jerusalem occupation expansion unabated.

So you still think Israel controls the world you !@#$ing retard?

So you still think Israel controls the world you !@#$ing retard?

Umm no, I dont believe that. And dont recall ever believing such a bold statement. Can you please direct me to posts where Ive made that statement? If not, can you please stay on topic.

Thank you,

The Management

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Umm no, I dont believe that. And dont recall ever believing such a bold statement. Can you please direct me to posts where Ive made that statement? If not, can you please stay on topic.

Thank you,

The Management

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/128275-israel-lobby/page__p__2130291__hl__aipac__fromsearch__1#entry2130291

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/128205-sarah-palin-defines-unconditional-support-for-israel/page__st__40__p__2134011__hl__aipac__fromsearch__1#entry2134011

Telling Israel to eff off...and this.

Hoping all the Jews that voted for this clown are happy.....

Y'know, when it comes to the topic of Isreal, I generally don't pipe in because I simply don't have the knowledge and understanding of that region to even pretend I have an opinion. That said, the political angle intrigues me. In the past two years I've read and heard a crapload of criticism that basically boils down to "Obama hates Isreal. Obama hates Jews." From that point, the counter-arguments begin with a lot of yelling about how Israel doesn't have a right to the land it currently owns, and how the Palestinians are the ones getting screwed, and then today I listen to what sounded a lot like Netanyahu telling Obama to shove yesterday's speech straight up his ass...WHILE he's sitting next to the president.

All of this makes me wonder one simple thing: doesn't Obama need the Jewish vote? For a guy who runs around sucking up to every "group" of people he can, you'd think he'd take it a little easier on Israel. Unless maybe I'm wrong and he DOESN'T need the Jewish vote. But virtually all of my Jewish friends voted for him and many even campaigned for him, and now they're ready to bust their ass to ensure he fails in 2012. Given the reality that it's not Obama's nature to do most things for the right reason, I have to wonder why he feels he's doing the right thing now. ANd IS what he's doing really the right thing?

Unless maybe he plans later this year to give all Jews an Obamacare waiver to get their vote back, and I'm just missing the boat on this one.

Ive not been shy about my criticism of our support for Israel and other countries in the general region like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. However I dont recall making the blanket statement youre alleging. Ive looked thru those threads several times now and didn't find it either. Can you please provide a direct link to an actual, unaltered post?

Anyway... On the Israel thing... How can the pre-1967 borders be "indefensible." Seems Israel did pretty well in the Six-Day War.

What gets me about Israel, is that they are being opportunistic... Why do they have to keep pushing the settlements in the occupied areas? True, to the victor goes the spoils, but the constant Arab "facewash" is over the top and does nothing to incite more hatred in the area.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Y'know, when it comes to the topic of Isreal, I generally don't pipe in because I simply don't have the knowledge and understanding of that region to even pretend I have an opinion. That said, the political angle intrigues me. In the past two years I've read and heard a crapload of criticism that basically boils down to "Obama hates Isreal. Obama hates Jews." From that point, the counter-arguments begin with a lot of yelling about how Israel doesn't have a right to the land it currently owns, and how the Palestinians are the ones getting screwed, and then today I listen to what sounded a lot like Netanyahu telling Obama to shove yesterday's speech straight up his ass...WHILE he's sitting next to the president.

All of this makes me wonder one simple thing: doesn't Obama need the Jewish vote? For a guy who runs around sucking up to every "group" of people he can, you'd think he'd take it a little easier on Israel. Unless maybe I'm wrong and he DOESN'T need the Jewish vote. But virtually all of my Jewish friends voted for him and many even campaigned for him, and now they're ready to bust their ass to ensure he fails in 2012. Given the reality that it's not Obama's nature to do most things for the right reason, I have to wonder why he feels he's doing the right thing now. ANd IS what he's doing really the right thing?

Unless maybe he plans later this year to give all Jews an Obamacare waiver to get their vote back, and I'm just missing the boat on this one.

It depends. I guess Barak's all think alike?

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/barak-israel-u-s-differences-on-peace-process-smaller-than-they-seem-1.363162

Anyway... On the Israel thing... How can the pre-1967 borders be "indefensible." Seems Israel did pretty well in the Six-Day War.

What gets me about Israel, is that they are being opportunistic... Why do they have to keep pushing the settlements in the occupied areas? True, to the victor goes the spoils, but the constant Arab "facewash" is over the top and does nothing to incite more hatred in the area.

I saw this on another forum, posted by an Israeli. Don't know how accurate it is but I'm guessing this is what bibi is referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIakII4AFnY&feature=player_embedded

I saw this on another forum, posted by an Israeli. Don't know how accurate it is but I'm guessing this is what bibi is referring to.

youtube.com/watch?v=HIakII4AFnY&feature=player_embedded

Nice find! Thanks!

So what they are saying is that Israel needs to make themselves "geographically blessed." :nana:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This is what I've been thinking since this speech. Obama just made one hell of a ballsy and dumb move. He's just alienated and pissed off a huge group of voters and fund raising source. That's the type of move you see in a second term guy, not someone who's gearing up for re-election. I honestly can't see how he thinks he can "win" in this scenario. Israel and and the Palestinians will never agree to compromise, especially on borders. So, you come out and publicly push an idea that has an almost zero chance of playing out.... just so you can piss of every jewish voter in the country. Makes no sense.

The only thing I can possibly think that's going through his head is that he's thinking its better to try and make all the Arab countries stronger allies than to further alienate them. Israel almost has to be our ally, otherwise they're on their own and no way I can see them doing that. So, its all political posturing to strengthen ties with the arab countries? Huge risky move though.