Macho Man Randy Savage RIP

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throughout the 90's I used to fly alot. I ran into Randy Savage three different times. Kinda of a small world thingy. Once at JFK, once at Dulles and again at Atlanta. All within about three years. Always a gracitious guy. He's always signed autographs for the kids at the airports, and let them take pictures. Even though I could tell he was pretty tired, he came through for the fans. He was always with a group of other wrestlers.

RIP Macho Man, and thanks for the Beer in DC!!

Throughout the 90's I used to fly alot. I ran into Randy Savage three different times. Kinda of a small world thingy. Once at JFK, once at Dulles and again at Atlanta. All within about three years. Always a gracitious guy. He's always signed autographs for the kids at the airports, and let them take pictures. Even though I could tell he was pretty tired, he came through for the fans. He was always with a group of other wrestlers.

I ran into Macho Man at RIC back in the early 90s. He was a lot bigger in person than I'd imagined. I didn't say anything because he was alone and didn't look like he wanted to be bothered, but that was my first real world encounter with a celebrity.

great entertainer, sorry to see him go.

of course begs the question if steroids played a role in his heart attack

First thing I thought of as well. I always got a kick out of him. Kinda sad

Ironic that the Slim Jim plant here in Garner (go Scotty!) is closing today.

Used to love when Macho would get in the face of Mean Gene during a heated interview. Ohhhh Yeah!!!!

Big Boss Man, Mr. Perfect, Chris Benoit, Miss Elizabeth, Bam Bam Bigelow, Earthquake, Eddie Guerrero, Road Warrior Hawk, Britsh Bull Dog Davey Boy, Ravishing Rick Rude, several others and now Randy ... :cry:

Wow I didn't realize that. Has to something to do either with steroids or maybe its just the general wear and tear. All are just to young to all be gone.

Big Boss Man, Mr. Perfect, Chris Benoit, Miss Elizabeth, Bam Bam Bigelow, Earthquake, Eddie Guerrero, Road Warrior Hawk, Britsh Bull Dog Davey Boy, Ravishing Rick Rude, several others and now Randy ... :cry:

Sad for their deaths but you can't help but smile just reading the names .... very creative.

Makes you want to cry doesn't it Nav...errrrr erynthered?

Makes you want to cry doesn't it Nav...errrrr erynthered?

Funny. Thing is I've never watched wrestling matches, never. Boring and fake, IMO.

Grown men fondling their hands over another mans body is something I've never been a fan of.

Not that I think anything less of you beerman. To each their own. :nana: