Fat-a$$ kicked off train

Why?

I am taller and always have a problem with leg room on planes.

The fact is people are getting bigger (okay, not as short and big as this lady)... As has been the case throughout history. All industries have adjusted... Why aren't the airlines? Say back in the 1800's it was hard to find a mattress over 6 feet... They seem to be common place now. Again, the fact is that people are generally getting bigger as the years pass on. The standard for airlines is gonna have to change.

Again, I am not totally taking this lady's side... She was most likely flopping over... But the policy should be at every gate, in every city... She was on a returning flight... Had no problem on the first flight, SWA didn't even mention the policy on that first flight. What happens if she didn't have enough money to pay right there? Again, I am just pointing out how the policy seems to be arbitrary... And that is where SWA is wrong. You can't just let things slide, don't remind people of a policy, and then spring it on them... That is the unfair part.

You want to test the fatass limits? Buy an extra ticket.

Maybe the first leg of the journey wasn't a packed flight. Maybe the first leg ticket counter person wasn't a god judge of weight. Beats me. The point is that SW has rules and occasionally some person will get called on them. As a tall fit gut who always gets sat next to on the train by a fatass because there's room, I'm thankful to SW for taking a stand on my behalf. I'm sick of rubbing up against side fat.

This brilliant guy opined on this topic in a way I agree with 100%.

http://www.wespeakthetruth.com/2008_08_03_archive.html

Edited by Peace

You want to test the fatass limits? Buy an extra ticket.

Maybe the first leg of the journey wasn't a packed flight. Maybe the first leg ticket counter person wasn't a god judge of weight. Beats me. The point is that SW has rules and occasionally some person will get called on them. As a tall fit gut who always gets sat next to on the train by a fatass because there's room, I'm thankful to SW for taking a stand on my behalf. I'm sick of rubbing up against side fat.

This brilliant guy opined on this topic in a way I agree with 100%.

http://www.wespeakth...03_archive.html

That's f---ing great. :lol: I play this every morning on the train:

We've all played seatmate Roulette. You're sitting on the bus/train/plane with an empty seat next to you. As people pile on, you place your hopes on the fit brunette joining you, only to have her pass you by for the homeless guy who snuck on the train.

All the little tricks to disuade undesirables from sitting next to you and going for the eye contact when the cute girl approaches.

That's f---ing great. :lol: I play this every morning on the train:

We've all played seatmate Roulette. You're sitting on the bus/train/plane with an empty seat next to you. As people pile on, you place your hopes on the fit brunette joining you, only to have her pass you by for the homeless guy who snuck on the train.

All the little tricks to disuade undesirables from sitting next to you and going for the eye contact when the cute girl approaches.

how do you know that you are not her version of the homeless guy .... :D

Just saying ...

how do you know that you are not her version of the homeless guy .... :D

Just saying ...

I just might be....there's a lot of top shelf talent during the morning rush and some of them have their guard up big time. :(

On the other hand, in my single years I did manage to get a few phone numbers during the commute.

I just might be....there's a lot of top shelf talent during the morning rush and some of them have their guard up big time. :(

On the other hand, in my single years I did manage to get a few phone numbers during the commute.

I play this game twice a day. On the Philly trains, there's a 2 seat row and a 3 seat row. I always choose the 3 seat row and grab the window, thinking that the next person will sit in the aisle, and the 3rd person rarely wants to ask the aisle person to move in or get up so they can get the middle. It's a whole strategy.

Still, I end up with the fatass more times than not. Of course, most Americans are fatasses so the odds are stacked against me. The ideal seatmate is a 5 foot tall Asian woman, not because that's my type but because she's likely clean, quiet, and takes up no space.

The other day a woman in a seat in front of me had her Kindle on with the font set at about 50 and I couldn't help but see she was reading explicit erotica. It was all sorts of wrong. In case you're picturing the hot brunette from above reading the erotica, I'll not shatter that image with reality.

The other day a woman in a seat in front of me had her Kindle on with the font set at about 50 and I couldn't help but see she was reading explicit erotica. It was all sorts of wrong. In case you're picturing the hot brunette from above reading the erotica, I'll not shatter that image with reality.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

lol

When I used to take the bus to manhattan, I'd pull the old "I'm asleep" maneuver to keep people from sitting next to me.

Edited by joesixpack

True story ... i got a date with a girl I was sitting next to on an airplane that had to make an unplanned emergency landing ... fire trucks at the sides of the runway and the whole bit.

I recounted the story to my mom later who basically said ... only you would be thinking about a date and potential sex during a near plane crash. ... :lol: ... I did not have the heart to tell her that basically any male who was conscious in the situation would be thinking about it ...

True story ... i got a date with a girl I was sitting next to on an airplane that had to make an unplanned emergency landing ... fire trucks at the sides of the runway and the whole bit.

I recounted the story to my mom later who basically said ... only you would be thinking about a date and potential sex during a near plane crash. ... :lol: ... I did not have the heart to tell her that basically any male who was conscious in the situation would be thinking about it ...

Of course. Plane crash is opportunity knocking.

so did you hit it? :D

And, for those that do not realize it, it's so very easy to get a girls number or give her yours in random places...The more random the better, just be confident and they'll be impressed you had the fortitude to ask them whereever it was...

Again, I am not totally taking this lady's side... She was most likely flopping over... But the policy should be at every gate, in every city... She was on a returning flight... Had no problem on the first flight, SWA didn't even mention the policy on that first flight.

Maybe there were empty seats on the flight so she could take up more than one.

Maybe there were empty seats on the flight so she could take up more than one.

True... I thought of that... BUT they should have not remained silent and told her why she was admitted on the first flight without paying for an extra seat. They shouldn't have kept silent about the policy, then sprang it on her on the booked/full second flight. SWA would totally be in the right, if they would just communicate the policy better. Maybe she is lying and she knew... Maybe she didn't.

Only analogy I can think of is at my work... One isn't allowed by state law (IL) to run a jetski from sunset to sunrise. When I get a jetski wanting to go through and it is near dusk... I will ask where they launched from... If they say they are going "home" towards their launch, no problem... Say have a nice day! If they say they will be returning, let them know they can't get back through in the dark... Unless they are being towed and onboard another vessel... They may not run after sunset... Even if they have lights. I also let them know they might get stuck behind a tow (commercial craft), so give plenty of time... About an hour prior to sunset. I also give them the estimated time of sunset for that particular day.

Another question... How can somebody buy an extra seat on a full/booked flight? Aren't they only getting one seat anyway? Even if she did buy an extra seat... Who's seat is she taking... The plane is already full and all seats are accounted for. How does the airlines know that somebody is showing up "fat" or oversized? How can a person buy an extra seat when there are none?

Anyway... The want big strong people (may be not the fatties) to sit near an exit soas to open it in a emergency. Why don't they allocate a few "oversized" seats near exits? Win-win... Put the mooses to work.