Tiger Woods career in serious jeopardy?

The guy's not a kid anymore, his body is breaking down and so far he hasn't been willing to spend the time necessary on the DL to fully heal.

He should shut it down for the rest of 2011 and focus on getting healthy. His days of dominance are over, but that was going to happen with or without the sex scandal (in fact, it's been years since he was truly dominant).

:thumbsup: It really does. At one time he looked like he could play safety for the Bills. He doesn't look nearly as large now.

Someone in the media likes to point out that he hasn't won since his doctor was arrested. Can't remember which on air personality that is though.

link

A guy I know down here in FL who has played on 4 PGA Tour events in the past 12 months including The Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill back in March has told me that in his opinion, Tiger is done. He said that Tiger just mentally isn't in the game anymore and has stopped playing golf and started playing "golf swing." He's right on about what he's doing wrong, but I'm not totally sold on Tiger being done quite yet.

A guy I know down here in FL who has played on 4 PGA Tour events in the past 12 months including The Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill back in March has told me that in his opinion, Tiger is done. He said that Tiger just mentally isn't in the game anymore and has stopped playing golf and started playing "golf swing." He's right on about what he's doing wrong, but I'm not totally sold on Tiger being done quite yet.

Judging from the $60M home/training facility he just built in Jupiter, FL - complete with lap pool, track, gym, and 4-hole course designed to hone his short game - I'd have to agree that Tiger's not getting ready to join the Seniors Tour any time soon...

Link - Tiger Woods set to move into new $60m den

To be fair he's only been out for a year and a half. And the first few months of that he was in "sex rehab". :rolleyes:

Then he pulled a Sam Bradford and came back way too soon with an injury that you simply shouldn't rush back from.

He used to lock out his left knee to create a more powerful shot. Which wore it down prematurely. Then he rushed back and made it even worse. Throw in that he has problems with his right Achilles, and it's not surprising that he isn't back yet.

Golfers play competitively into their 50's, and Tiger is much better shape than all of them. Give him another few months and I think he'll be back and competitive. While I doubt he ever returns to his previous winning ways, he'll win a few more tournaments.

Give him a few months...I don't think so....how about a full year away.

he won't catch Jack.

Can you imagine how silly that would have sounded just a few years ago? This kid was so much more talented than anyone else in his profession, it was just unfathomable that he wouldn't far surpass Jack in majors. Now the kid is in his mid 30s, and has won what, one major since 2007?

What a fall from grace...

I think so. Sadly.

So, for that matter, are the record breaking TV viewing audiences the PGA has enjoyed through Tigers' years to date. I count myself as one of many millions who tuned in every week to watch HIM specifically. I couldn't care less about any other golfer- all of whom tie for 2nd place in the game..

I think so. Sadly.

So, for that matter, are the record breaking TV viewing audiences the PGA has enjoyed through Tigers' years to date. I count myself as one of many millions who tuned in every week to watch HIM specifically. I couldn't care less about any other golfer- all of whom tie for 2nd place in the game..

I'd love to see how the ratings spiked at the masters this year when he inched his way towards the top of that leader board. But that was the perfect example of what is wrong with Tiger today. That relatively short eagle putt that would have put him alone in the lead? The real Tiger Woods never misses that putt.

• 3 weeks later...