College QB's to watch in 2011 for next year's draft...

The Griffin video was very impressive.

He'll have the same questions as other QBs who played in non-NFL type offenses but the physical tools are seriously high level.

Compact throwing motion…all the passes were effortless darts.

Great runner, smooth athlete…and putting a quick kick down inside the 10-yard line? You gotta be kidding me.

Couldn't agree with you more. If he continues to improve, look for him to be the #1 pick next year. I so wish the Bills could get him, but we probably will not be bad enough

I'll have to pay more attention to him this year, but I've also read some good stuff about him. The Bills are not going to be in the Luck sweepstakes, so people better get used to the idea of one of these other guys.

Terrell Pryor? If people didn't like Newton, wait until Pryor talk starts...

From what I've seen, he's basically Tyrod Taylor.

The Griffin video was very impressive.

He'll have the same questions as other QBs who played in non-NFL type offenses but the physical tools are seriously high level.

Compact throwing motion…all the passes were effortless darts.

Great runner, smooth athlete…and putting a quick kick down inside the 10-yard line? You gotta be kidding me.

He broke Texas state records for the 110 meter and 300 meter hurdles. As a JR in High School, he was the #1 rated 400 meter hurdler in the country.

Unfortunately, he tore his ACL as a sophomore allowing him to be red shirted and may have lost a little speed, but I have seen some videos of him separating in the open field against d-backs.

Check out this throw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX_mjCc8sYY

He broke Texas state records for the 110 meter and 300 meter hurdles. As a JR in High School, he was the #1 rated 400 meter hurdler in the country.

Unfortunately, he tore his ACL as a sophomore allowing him to be red shirted and may have lost a little speed, but I have seen some videos of him separating in the open field against d-backs.

Check out this throw:

youtube.com/watch?v=JX_mjCc8sYY

WOW. You can't teach that.

I am most certainly saying Landry Jones is better than Andy Luck, and you will too - after Jones sets a slew of NCAA records and the Sooners go undefeated as this season's BCS champions!

(Though it would have been nice to see the frail Luck face Jones head-on in Stanford's 2009 Sun Bowl loss to Oklahoma.)

I am not sure why you think Oklahoma has more recruiting power than Stanford - SU is an excellent school with a top-notch program, and I would think that Jim Harbaugh had a nice budget and a far easier job luring kids to beautiful Palo Alto than Bob Stoops has convincing kids to spend the next 4-5 years in Norman, OK!

I agree recruiting to Stanford isn't as tough as many make it out to be, but to be fair, the admission requirements even for football players at Stanford are 10X more difficult then Oklahoma's. To me it's a no-brainer, but for the kid with a 850 on his SAT and the expectation to attend class, Oklahoma looks much more intriguing.

Ummm....no u obviously have never seen him play. I never appointed him the best QB in history. Didn't even say he was the best QB in next year's draft so quit putting words in my mouth. What a lamer ...BIG THUMBS DOWN FOR U. :thumbdown:

Lol at this comment. Because I said that a sophomore college player still has to prove that he should be a top draft pick (If he even enters the draft next year) means "I never saw him play". I saw him play, he's good. I never said he wasn't.

Thanks for the elementary school response though.

Lol at this comment. Because I said that a sophomore college player still has to prove that he should be a top draft pick (If he even enters the draft next year) means "I never saw him play". I saw him play, he's good. I never said he wasn't.

Thanks for the elementary school response though.

Your welcome :thumbsup:

Throwing for 4718 yds, 38 TDs and only 13 INT in his 2nd full year of playing collegiate football? Thats enough proof for me right there. Plus he's smart, he's got the size, the arm, the know how. The IQ. Top 10 pick

Edited by DreReed83

Your welcome :thumbsup:

Throwing for 4718 yds, 38 TDs and only 13 INT in his 2nd full year of playing collegiate football? Thats enough proof for me right there. Plus he's smart, he's got the size, the arm, the know how. The IQ. Top 10 pick

You keep acting like I'm trying to say he isn't a good QB. I saw his stats from last year, every one did. He very well could be a top 10 pick (If he comes out, after all plenty of top rated guys like Luck, Brohm, Tebow, Locker didn't, and now there will probably be a tiered rookie salary system), never said he couldn't be. Of course that all depends on what he does next year, if he has a similar or better year its likely. If he pulls a Brohm or a Locker, maybe not. Personally I'd like to see him play for another year, and we all will.

Obviously I'm a Luck fan though, (32 TD's 8 INT's, athletic, and a Stanford brain). He's pretty good too...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Theres lots of great talent coming out of next years draft.

John Brantley, Andrew Luck, Kellen Moore, Matt Barkley, Terrelle Pryor, Kirk Cousins, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, Ryan Lindley, Nick Foles, Brandon Weeden, Jacory Harris.

If we're looking at QB next year and don't get the number 1 pick, then I'll take Landry.

Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 220

2010 CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

Season 152 234 1638 65.0 7.00 64 13 6 12 137.0

Keep an eye on Robert Griffin III of Baylor. Great mobile quarterback and could come out early.

I clicked on this thread precisely to mention this guy; I brought him up in one of the millions of QB threads last fall, knowing it wouldn't get anywhere because it was highly unlikely he'd enter the 2011 draft. IIRC, Tuberville said he was the best QB in their league, which would of course include Blaine Gabbert and Landry Jones. Griffin has a big arm as well as great running ability, and his throwing mechanics are better than we usually see from guys that run around a lot.

I watch more PAC10 than the other conferences, and here's my take on their QBs: Luck is obviously the top prospect and it is doubtful that will change. I don't recall ever seeing him throw one of those frozen rope sideline passes that you like to see a QB be able to complete, but I have seen enough of him to think he can do it. Barkley doesn't look as big as he is listed in the OP's comment and doesn't appear to me to have that great an arm. He'll play in the NFL, but he doesn't excite me too much. Foles is a big, lumbering guy who looks like he could get himself in better shape. He has an NFL arm, but doesn't get to show it much in U of A's offense, which throws a zillion WR screens. Foles looks like he has more room for improvement than Barkley. Thomas at Oregon has done a good job but much like Barkley, I'm doubting he's as big as he's listed, except in his case it's his weight. He has awfully skinny legs for someone who allegedly weighs 212. He also pushes his throws a bit and when he tries to muscle the ball into a tight space he often bounces it. The only other PAC10 guy I can imagine an NFL scout even looking at is Osweiler at ASU. He's done very little at this point, but he's physically impressive. Mobile, strong arm, tough, and 6'8". I'll bet a year from now, Barkley and Thomas will decide to play a 4th year and will be ranked below Osweiler as prospects.

I really need someone to explain to me the Luck hype. I know I am missing something because everyone and

their mother is drooling over this guy but based on stats and the one game I saw, I don't understand why.

56% completion percentage on the season, and 8.9 yds avg per attempt. And in the one game I saw (don't

even remember who they played) he seemed to throw alot of dump-off passes. I'll be the first one to

admit, that I am no talent evaluator (just a big fan of the Bills), so i'll take everybodies word for it

both on this forum, nfl network, espn, etc.. that this guy is great, But i'm ignorant as to what it is

that makes him so special because the numbers aren't what you would expect from the most talked about

college qb. (13 tds, 56% completion, and 8.9 yds/attempt).

(Fitz was 57.8% completion, 23 tds, and 6.8 yds/attempt)............what is the upgrade?????

I really need someone to explain to me the Luck hype. I know I am missing something because everyone and

their mother is drooling over this guy but based on stats and the one game I saw, I don't understand why.

56% completion percentage on the season, and 8.9 yds avg per attempt. And in the one game I saw (don't

even remember who they played) he seemed to throw alot of dump-off passes. I'll be the first one to

admit, that I am no talent evaluator (just a big fan of the Bills), so i'll take everybodies word for it

both on this forum, nfl network, espn, etc.. that this guy is great, But i'm ignorant as to what it is

that makes him so special because the numbers aren't what you would expect from the most talked about

college qb. (13 tds, 56% completion, and 8.9 yds/attempt).

(Fitz was 57.8% completion, 23 tds, and 6.8 yds/attempt)............what is the upgrade?????

That might be part of the problem.

I think your stats are a bit off dude. No worries, he had 32TDS and 8INTs. Good arm, great leader, better production. The whole package.

Also, he had a 70.7% completion rate in 2010.

Edited by stony

Our first QB board doesn't even have Luck on it. We'll add him if he decides to come out.

QB:

1. Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State

2. Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State

3. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

4. Nick Foles, QB, Arizona

5. Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State

6. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State

7. John Brantley, QB, Florida

8. Aaron Corp, QB, Richmond

9. Case Keenum, QB, Houston

10. Terrelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State

11. Dan Persa, QB, Northwestern

12. Jordan Jefferson, QB, LSU

13. G.J. Kinne, QB, Tulsa

14. Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois

15. Stephen Garcia, QB, South Carolina

That might be part of the problem.

I think your stats are a bit off dude. No worries, he had 32TDS and 8INTs. Good arm, great leader, better production. The whole package.

Also, he had a 70.7% completion rate in 2010.

Thanks!! :wallbash:

I was going off the stats of the OP. but that explains it and i now see the hype!!!!!!! Sign me up!

I think I am going to start an "all luck all the time thread" in preparation for next years draft.

Thanks again for the info

In my mind, the bills loaded up on defense this year and may add to that haul in free agency. Even if Fitzgerald has a terrific year, it will be time to do what it takes to move up and get that qb of the future to groom (ala jets and Sanchez). I don't see The team having a realistic shot at Luck, but I would keep my eye on Landry Jones. I watched a fair amount of OU games last year and he appears to be the real deal

Our first QB board doesn't even have Luck on it. We'll add him if he decides to come out.

QB:

1. Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State

2. Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State

3. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

My early impression is that Ryan Lindley is the best of that bunch. Big, mobile, great arm, accurate, good touch. Physically, he's the deal. We will see how he does without the experienced receivers he had this past season.

Edited by Dick Drawn

In a word weak.

After Luck and Jones there's really not much.

If Barkley measures under 6'2" he won't go 1st round a la Colt McCoy.

Foles and Cousins are interesting. If Foles has a big year he could go 1st round.

Landry Jones and Andrew Luck are really the only sure 1st rounders.

The rest have a lot to prove.

Also from the Cam Newton and Gaine Blabbert school of comIng out of nowhere and going 1st round, EJ Manuel from Florida State could move up the draft board of he has a big 2011.

All in all, let's not put lipstick on a pig. We didn't get a QB in 2011 draft and the 2012 draft is not a better QB class, it's just a fact.

And to the OP Locker is a loser not a winner. He has a career winning percentage under .300. I don't understand how people can say stuff like that. He is anything but a winner.

Edited by Why So Serious?

QB:

1. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

2. Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State

3. Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State

Fixed.

Ryan Tannehill Texas A&M

QB 76

6-4 219 7

SR-3L

com att yds pct avg lg td int sacks rating

152 234 1638 65.0 7.00 64 13 6 12 137.0

Already posted it but like the way you think.