Ever been to Paul Brown Stadium?

I'm planning a road trip to Cincinnati to watch the Bills take on the Bungals on October 2nd. I was wondering if anybody has been. I'm looking for recommendations on a good hotel nearby to stay one night at, as well as a good restaurant worth hitting up. I'm also curious as to what it's like for Bills fans there. Do they treat you okay? I can handle friendly ribbing but the throwing of items at me will not be tolerated. I plan on wearing full Bills colors!

Thanks in advance.

I should have added more to my post- sorry about that. Anyway, I stayed at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland. It was a really nice old hotel downtown, but it was pricey. The stadium was very close- we had a great view of it (the Bengals were actually playing there against the Pats on the Sunday we left). There was a really nice area downtown that was near the hotel (in the vicinity of the famous fountain you see in the WKRP opening). There were all kinds of bars and restaurants there. I recall going to a Rock Bottom brewery there. That would be a pretty good destination if you stayed right downtown.

Went to the AFC championship game in 88, Bills-Bengals Riverfront Stadium and the infamous field clock stopped working to kill the Bills no huddle offense.

Tough to find a room at that time, stayed in a Holiday Inn near downtown as I recall. Bought the seats from someone who owned a camera shop in downtown Cincy, 4 seats front row, 50 yard line or so, behind the dugout.

An usher came down and dusted the snow off the seats and offered to get us some drinks, great seats.

Anyway, the people are SO NICE, everywhere we went wearing our Bills colors we were treated very well. Can't recall were we had dinner, but try the Chili :thumbsup:

Regarding hotels, there are a number of nice hotels in downtown Cincinnati. You can also check for hotels in Covington KY.

As for food, I would recommend the following:

1) You need to check out Skyline or Goldstar while in town

2) If you are looking for good BBQ, check out Montgomery Inn. They sell more ribs than any other restaurant in America.

3) Precinct: This is Jeff Ruby restaurant and is the best steakhouse (in my opinion) in all of Cincinnati.

Hope this helps.

My brother and I went last season. its a nice stadium, much like the Ralph but maybe a bit more modern. its downtown but we were able to fit a lot about a 10 min walk from the stadium. The fans there were fine. Not very football smart tho and very fair weather. by the end of the third quarter most were Bills fans :) Some guy told us he was going to !@#$ us with a black dildo :oops: (I can't make that up). About 2 min later his wife dragged him away, this was early first quarter, we never saw him again.

You have to get Skyline Chili out there....Soooooooooo Goooooood

As for where to stay, we stayed with a friend out there so i can't help ya there but i can imagine its hard to find a hotel

I have been twice and will be attending again this year. I went to undergrad at Miami U nearby and have many Bengal-fan friends so we have always tried to attend when they play each other. I live in Columbus now, so the less than two hour ride is a no brainer for me. Less than half the amout of time it takes me to get to the Ralph as a season ticket holder.

Anyways, it's a pretty good place to see a game. Most fans are very friendly and the ones that are a little "edgier" are still pretty tame compared to other places. Actually most of the fans this year were very complimentary of us Bills fans and said we were nothing like the A-hole Steeler fans. The stadium is nice but I disagree with the previous poster who said it's like the Ralph. It's pretty new so it's much nicer inside. Huge restrooms with tons of urinals. Seriously didn't wait in line once. Good concessions. Unlike the Ralph, it seems like the seats sit much farther back off the field. I've been in the upper deck twice and you feel like you're miles away.

I have stayed at the Millenium hotel before for an unrelated event and would reccomend it. It's a little less expensive than some of the other downtown hotels like the Hyatt (think we paid like $180) It is walking distance to the stadium. Rooms are very small but if you're just going to crash there it serves it's purpose. If you don't need to be as close, like other's have said I'd look into something across the river. Check out Hofbrauhaus (sp?).

Overall good place to take in an away game and weather should still be great at that time this fall. Maybe see you there!

I, uh, know a little something about Cincinnati...

I would suggest staying in Newport or Covington on the Kentucky side of the City. The stadium is right on the river next to Great American Ball Park and Fifth Third Arena. There are multiple places to eat, I would say the Montgomery Inn is the most famous place in Cincinnati for the Ribs, although its pricey. I would say you must eat Skyline Chili (NOT Goldstar). If you've never had it you have to try it. Its so good. Sit down and ask for a 3-way, 4-way (Adds onions or kidney beans) or a 5-way (Adds both onions and kidney beans) and a Chili Cheese Coney! If you stay in Newport/Covington, you should think about taking the Purple People Bridge to the game. You walk across the River. Its pretty cool. Also, in Newport, there is the Claddagh Irish Pub which is one of the best places to eat in Cincinnati along with the Hofbrauhaus as someone else mentioned.

The fans there are great. They understand that their team sucks, like ours so they leave us Bills fans alone. There was certainly some friendly bickering when I went last season, but I was hammered and probably asked for a lot of it...

If you want to stay on the Cincinnati side, I would suggest staying closer to the City. For instance, Exit 5 on I-71 is where Xavier University is, and only 5 miles from Downtown, but its a bit of hassle to get downtown. Exit 3 is where UC (Stupid Bearcats) is located and thats a bit better, but honestly, your best bet is Newport and Covington is a close 2nd. KY will be smooth and real easy for you to navigate.

If you have anything else or want to send me a note, I lived there for 5 years so I know the area fairly well. I'd be happy to help.

I went to a Bungles/Ravens game there 2 years ago.

We had 2nd level tickets, and swapped them plus some $$$ with a scalper for endzone seats that were about 20 rows up, not knowing everybody there stands up the entire game. It was pretty annoying, I was hung over as hell and just wanted to sit and watch the game. I'd have traded my seat for one in the nosebleeds where I could actually sit in a heartbeat.

I recommend staying downtown. The downtown area clears out on weekends & hotels have tons of vacancy. I got 2 rooms on Priceline for $39/night each. I cant remember which hotel it was, but it was one of the big chains & very nice, 4 star. The stadium was only a 5-6 block walk.

How is Camp Washington Chili? They were one of the restaurants featured on the Travel Channels 101 Places to Chowdown Countdown.

They are very good. I've only been there once, but if you like cincy style chili, you'll like it. I like Skyline better than Goldstar but would need to try Camp Washington again to see where they fit in the group.

I'm planning a road trip to Cincinnati to watch the Bills take on the Bungals on October 2nd. I was wondering if anybody has been. I'm looking for recommendations on a good hotel nearby to stay one night at, as well as a good restaurant worth hitting up. I'm also curious as to what it's like for Bills fans there. Do they treat you okay? I can handle friendly ribbing but the throwing of items at me will not be tolerated. I plan on wearing full Bills colors!

Thanks in advance.

I was there when Jason Peters blocked a kick and recovered it in the endzone. Great Game Great stadium and it was cold as hell. ONe of the best things was the end however. Bungles fans were leaving and during the last 3 minutes there was a great blue and red migration down from the upper seats to the lower bowl . A sight to be seen. Stayed at a Holiday Inn In KY within 15 minutes of the stadium, pretty easy to get to and it was not expensive.

• 2 months later...

Since it's looking like there will be a full season I thought I'd bump this thread back towards the top.

If I can get to Cincy I'd love to go to the game October 2nd. Anyone else considering this game? Should this thread be moved to the Tailgating Forum?