Excellent News!

Looking at the schedule I see us winning 3-4 games. I got excited then I looked at the Panthers schedule and they will be lucky to win two. If they get the #1 pick I promise you that someone will trade up with them to take Luck. Hopefully Buffalo Lol

Wait....not so fast, they might not trade down, I know they have Cam now, but they still could easily pick Luck on top of that! :wallbash:

Edited by Kent H Jr

Dont care, and I stopped reading at #10. These things are really just "Who Next Year's Top Prospects Are" posts, disguised as mock drafts just to get more readers.

But how in the name of anything holy would the Bills pick 1, and the Redskins win enough games to pick at #10 ??? The bills would beat the 'Skins 7 or 8 out of 10 right now. Especially after Willie Parker's comments show how bad they are.

Yeah, this is more a look at the top prospects with an uninformed writer picking an easy target punching bag.

But let me rattle off some observations:

1) A team that had a 4-4 second half after a half season struggle with a new system and QB change in the first half. Often second half success is a predictor of the following season.

2) A team that drafted players at positions where year 1 contributions are usually pretty easy (although we said that about Spiller), and doesn't seem poised to lose too much talent.

3) Disarray Cincinnati who we crushed last year will lose their former #1 pick QB and top two receivers. They add a very good WR, but that is the hardest position for a year 1 contribution (Calvin Johnson had 4 TDs and 750 yards as a rookie, Larry Fitzgerald didn't break 800 yards either). Being thrown to by a second round rookie QB who has a bright future but even his supporters expect a tough transition to the pro defense. How are we picking ahead of the Bengals even in the way too soon fluff national media coverage?

4) Nobody knows what the schedule looks like until it is played. Way too much turnover in the league, and finding wins and losses now on it based on what those teams used to be is silly. A couple years ago we beat a supposed super bowl contender Seattle (who would be a top 5 pick) opening week and when our confidence was up and rolled into doormat Arizona at 4-0 and got crushed (by an eventual Super Bowl team). So looking at a schedule in May and thinking we have any idea how those opponents will actually be, much less the results in one game is nearly impossible.

5) I think Luck will go #1, but I remember the "Brady Quinn sweepstakes" and Claussen supposed to be going #1, so there is even room for that to change.

All that said, I like going in to the season without respect, and hope some of our players keep quiet and play with a chip on their shoulder.

Go Bills!

Apologize ahead of time for the long post - stuck with sick kid duty today.

Going on record now to say we will not be as bad as our record indicated last year, but it is trendy for pundits to put us at the bottom and folks stopped actually looking into our offseason moves and just assume that we will suck.

Admittedly the Bills started off last year disastrously. They had a new coach who was implementing a new system, who also had a history of resurrecting failed QB careers. Captain check down could not be saved and Chan finally admitted what we fans knew all along. I give him a pass because coaches that play to every whim of fans and media will not last long.

So here is our record after the week 6 bye:

3 pt loss to the Ravens

3 pt OT loss to the Chiefs

3 pt loss to the Bears

2 pt win against Det

18 pt win against Cin

3 pt OT loss against Steelers

Blowout loss to the Vikes

( in that game we already had Wood out and we lost two more starting O Linemen in the first half, McKelvin was a knob, and Fitz and the center kept fumbling the snaps - understandable because of the new center and it was loud, I was there unfortunately. We knocked out Favre, but our 5 turnovers and Travares having a rare "on" day doomed us).

7 pt defensive win against Browns

3 pt win against the Felons

By this time the team learns its out of the playoffs and Chan says all the right things about not quitting; however the truth is that they lose the following games against NE and the Jests in blowout fashion.

There were a lot of winnable games in that list. With another year of Chan's system under their belt and with the upgrades on defense I think we have a shot at a much improved record. We are scheduled to play teams that really struggled last year, and as usual our greatest opponents are in our own backyard - NE and the Jets. I say we go 9-7 or 10-6... either way we would have to trade the farm to move up in the next draft to take a top rated QB like Luck who would come with the added benefit of the new capped pricing structure for rookies that I assume will be in place.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: This is the most irresponsible and totally stupid posting of draft forecasting yet ...

First, once again the anti-Bills' Bills' fans who just can't seem to hold any optimism in their lives somehow think we will sink backwards even though we have improved our defense just through the additions of the draft. Not having Claussen ooops Newton really makes you think we will lose all of our 2011 games (it these is a season)?

This past year if we had stopped the run a little better ... if Stevie had caught one touchdown pass ... if Fitz had been at the helm right from the start ... and if we covered tight ends a bit better we would have had a reasonably better record, which would have cost us Dareus.

I am not so optimistic to be predicting a Super Bowl but I am seeing the Bills as a team with an improved record so we are out of luck when it comes to LUCK and you have given me another reason not to pay money to a publication whose only interesting issue is fashion oriented.

Although I can guarantee two things one the bills will not be number one overall pick and two Luck will not go number one in the draft. This kid may look smart to not go in the draft this year but it was a huge mistake as has been seen in the past he is most likely going to drop...everyone talks about all his skill and game intelligence but it is the same BS they were stating about Locker two years ago...Mark my words this kid lost a lot of money by not going into this years draft

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andrew_perloff/05/03/2012.mock.draft/index.html?xid=si_topstories

States that Bills will be the worst team in league for 2011-12 season...and we get to draft Andrew Luck.

It also tells me the author is picking the Steelers to beat the Saints for the Super Bowl.

We were four plays away from being 8 - 8 last year and we seriously upgraded our defense. There is no way we will be the worst team in the league to which we haven't been since 85, so as usual SI is worthless.

There is no way the Bills are picking first overall next year. Take that to the bank.

On his first droppback of the season, Fitzpatrick tears his ACL by running into Fred Jackson who tears his achilies. Both are gone for the year.

0-16... just saying its possible.

Every year people fall in love with new college QBs. Nobody was talking about Luck before he had his amazing season. Who's to say that somebody else doesn't do the same thing next season?

I was, he looked the part as a Frosh too.

Edited by Thoner7