Donte Whitner compares himself to Jesus

Whitner is KING of the "back tackle". Instead of lowering his shoulder and delivering a big hit, he turns and thrusts his body back first.

I can honestly not remember ONE time when he deflected a pass away from a TE, causing an incompletion.

Sad to see him go, I will not be.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. His tackling form is disgusting.

So Polumalu is great only because of his DL and LBs? And Whitner on the Steelers=Polumalu?

Guess the rest of us aren't bright enough to understand that.

No, not "only" because of his DL and LBs. However, it is well known that LeBeau does not play Polumalu in a typical SS position. He allows TP to play as a rover, and basically freestyle.

The only reason TP can do this is because of his top notch Coordinator, DL, and LBs. The coach, and 10 other guys on the field, all do their jobs properly. Allowing TP to do whatever he wants.

The Bills D is no where near Pittsburgh's D.

Whitner on the Steelers may not = Polumalu. He'd probably look much better than he has though, just like how Jim Leonhard looks good on real defenses like the Ravens and Jets.

Also, to reverse it, Polumalu on the Bills over the past 5 years would definitely be much less of a playmaker and superstar. He'd be too busy making up for the DL and LBs that dont do their jobs.

It's possible for a Safety to suck with a good DL and LBs in front of him. But it's impossible for a Safety to succeed with no DL and no LBs in front of him.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, to reverse it, Polumalu on the Bills over the past 5 years would definitely be much less of a playmaker and superstar. He'd be too busy making up for the DL and LBs that dont do their jobs.

You mean by making plays?

You mean by making plays?

Yes, by making 300+ tackles in 70 games.

By being 2nd on the team and 5th in the NFL and making 140 tackles last season.

By being one of the only players on the defense to contribute.

When your MLB and SS are #3 and #5 in the league for most tackles, it means teams are running you into the ground, right up the middle. It means offense are not being challenged at the line, and basically getting a free run into your second level.

See: FO addressing our "biggest problem" by drafting a run-stuffing DL #3 overall.

I'm not sure whether or not the guy a few posts up said it, or at least said it clearly...but Donte actually tweet simply "people hated Jesus." Then some guy responded "if only they knew the power he possessed." Then Donte RT the convo. For what it's worth. And hell....I may not be reading it right. Just saying...you have to sort of know how to read twitter.

You are reading it right. He also was asked by Thurman Thomas' wife "people hated Jesus, what's your point?" to which he replied "there's no point" (my interpretation: just commenting a belief)

Now maybe he meant something more and backtracked. Or maybe he didn't.

You are reading it right. He also was asked by Thurman Thomas' wife "people hated Jesus, what's your point?" to which he replied "there's no point" (my interpretation: just commenting a belief)

Now maybe he meant something more and backtracked. Or maybe he didn't.

Posted in another new thread about everyone's favorite obsession...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110505/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_bills_whitner

Unfortunately, I have to agree. His tackling form is disgusting.

No, not "only" because of his DL and LBs. However, it is well known that LeBeau does not play Polumalu in a typical SS position. He allows TP to play as a rover, and basically freestyle.

The only reason TP can do this is because of his top notch Coordinator, DL, and LBs. The coach, and 10 other guys on the field, all do their jobs properly. Allowing TP to do whatever he wants.

The Bills D is no where near Pittsburgh's D.

Whitner on the Steelers may not = Polumalu. He'd probably look much better than he has though, just like how Jim Leonhard looks good on real defenses like the Ravens and Jets.

It's possible for a Safety to suck with a good DL and LBs in front of him. But it's impossible for a Safety to succeed with no DL and no LBs in front of him.

I totally agree with this post that the amount of money Whitner wants is a bad place to spend the resources and that money should go elsewhere.