Carson Palmer Officially Out Sunday

kasper13

At least the Bills know this far out who they have to play. "If I was coaching" the Bengals, I'd have kept that info to myself until gameday. Marvin Lewis would have been within the rules if he said it was going to be a game-time decision.

Now Gray can stress picking up the tight ends and not playing the corners as deep.

I agree that playing against a banged up Palmer would have been more ideal, but I think the Bills will do fine with the game planning they can now do.

According to ESPN News Carson Palmer is out for Sunday and Jon Kitna will start. Palmer won't even be the 2nd QB. He said it would be too much of a risk with his sprained kneee to even try and play Sunday.

163036[/snapback]

SO now we are playing a Team missings its superstar QB. If we win this one it will be another we won because Cincy sucks without him starting :rolleyes:

definately not, count me among the people who would've probobly rather seen palmer. Palmer gets easily rattled by the blitz. Kitna is more of a vet and if last year is any indication he may not be as bad as we think he is.

This could either be a curse or a blessing.....

It could be a blessing since Palmer has been running the show for a while....which means the rest of the offense will need to adapt

It could be a curse if the bills take them lightly....GOD...PLEASE DONT LET THE BILLS TAKE THEM LIGHTLY

We need a 3 touchdown lead going into the fourth

I'd prefer a one point lead at the final gun.

163100[/snapback]

Hopefully you don't both get your wish...

:rolleyes:

As long as there's the slightest chance that strength of victory could possibly work into the math, I'll take the larger victory....of course the first step in that is actually winning!

Hopefully you don't both get your wish...

:rolleyes:

As long as there's the slightest chance that strength of victory could possibly work into the math, I'll take the larger victory....of course the first step in that is actually winning!

163109[/snapback]

Hence the reason for not wishing for a 3 TD lead entering the 4th quarter and instead going with the one point win. Winning is what matters most.

SO now we are playing a Team missings its superstar QB.  If we win this one it will be another we won because Cincy sucks without him starting  :rolleyes:

163055[/snapback]

Superstar????

Game losing int's against PIT, NYJ, fumble against TEN...he has a fine arm but in the polish department, uh, uh. He still has one foot on the short bus.

And gets good yards from a main receiver who is a push-off artist... ;)

Except for last year, when we beat the Bungles in overtime, this was the only other time we faced Jon Kitna:

The first half was a nightmare for Wade Phillips and the rest of the Bills. A 54 yard return of the opening kickoff was a bad omen as the Seahawks then marched 38 yards in 5 plays to an early 7-0 lead. The offense struggled all game as the receivers dropped six passes and Doug Flutie threw several bad passes as the Bills fell behind 23-3 at the half. The large deficit again forced the Bills to give up on the running game as the backs combined for only 19 carries and Flutie led the team in rushing with 48 yards.

Jon Kitna led Seattle to two field goal drives following Bills punts in their next two possessions to go up 13-0. Flutie then threw the first of two interceptions. The first one bounced off of the shoulder pads of Peerless Price who had 106 yards receiving but could have had much more as many catchable balls got by him. The Seahawks upped their lead to 20-0 when Derrick Mayes burned Antoine Winfield on a deep pattern over the middle for 43 yards and a touchdown. A 42 yard field goal by Peterson made it 23-0 with just :17 left in the half.

Fortunately, none of the Bills mentioned in the above snippet are still with the team.

Except for last year, when we beat the Bungles in overtime, this was the only other time we faced Jon Kitna:

Fortunately, none of the Bills mentioned in the above snippet are still with the team.

163164[/snapback]

I thought he was the QB for Seattle the last game of the 2000 season,

Flutie's last game as a Bill, & a big Bills romp over the Seahawks.

I thought he was the QB for Seattle the last game of the 2000 season,

Flutie's last game as a Bill, & a big Bills romp over the Seahawks.

163176[/snapback]

Oops my bad. But half the Seahawks were clearly already on the bus by the time that game started.

Kitna was also at the helm for the Dec. 29, 2002 game at the Ralph. 

If I remember right, the Bills won something like 29-7.  Kitna rushed for the Bengals only TD

163182[/snapback]

More my bad. Again, though, it was another run-for-the-bus game for the Bengals (TKO was the only one I remember showing up).