Ridding the ghosts of Ngata, Harris and Revis

Pilsner

The only other ones I'm missing are Mangold and Orakpo. But we already have Wood, a younger version of Mangold now. We have yet to find our Orakpo but we will in time.

So back to the topic. We have all been haunted by what might have been. Haloti Ngata escaped our grasp. David Harris could have been had. Revis was an option as well. These were the fumbles of the past. We have a new GM now who seems to know what he is doing. He's making smart quality picks now and it looks like he's rectifying our past mistakes. Better late than never. Nix and Whaley are doing what needs to be done. I'm thinking Ralph is ok with this and is giving them some reign.

It's about damn time football men are in charge and making solid picks. We are overdue with this gentlemen and gentle ladies. I believe (in my own view) this year I will think less and less of bad picks of the past. This is a new beginning. This will be the start of a year when other teams for a change will say (a few years from now) that "damn, we shoulda picked up that player and we let him slide to Buffalo!" It's our time now.

Gentlemen we are on our way to an upswing. We have a GM who knows what he's doing. It's finally our time.

Really! No fooling mister! Because I remember another time when my favorite team started four and 0 and began to believe in them. And then the sun exploded killing my dreams in a fiery hail of death. Billllieve? Remember!

I am very bitter it seems. I am also excited and hope this draft turns around the old bill's franchise. go billllss!!

I don't remember feeling as good about a number one pick like this since OJ Simpson - and I was only 6 at the time.

What a difference this place is from last year, when everybody, me included, were like WTF as soon as Spiller got picked. Much like my reaction to Whitner and several others in recent years.

I think the last time I was even happy with the pick was Lee Evans.

Really! No fooling mister! Because I remember another time when my favorite team started four and 0 and began to believe in them. And then the sun exploded killing my dreams in a fiery hail of death. Billllieve? Remember!

I am very bitter it seems. I am also excited and hope this draft turns around the old bill's franchise. go billllss!!

I recall how ecstatic I was during that 4-0 start. That ended up being a false start tho. I think the next beginning we have like that in the near future will be the real deal. We're building the front 7 this time, how it should be done. It'll take more time yet, but we're on the right path.

I think Nix has also seen the light on one year wonders. I do think teams and yes the Bills included have gone through a period where they are overly enamored with combine numbers. The bills seem to be putting less emphasis on this and more on who can play football. Let's hope the formula works.

I don't remember feeling as good about a number one pick like this since OJ Simpson - and I was only 6 at the time.

What a difference this place is from last year, when everybody, me included, were like WTF as soon as Spiller got picked. Much like my reaction to Whitner and several others in recent years.

I think the last time I was even happy with the pick was Lee Evans.

I read the same crap every year. They have not changed anything. The only reason they picked a CB is because they are too cheap to pay the good one they had (Florence). They should have been filling other needs like OT or QB.

Watch my words, Mallet will become our new ghost. Hell in a couple years Bellichick migh even give us a "deal" on Brady.

I read the same crap every year. They have not changed anything. The only reason they picked a CB is because they are too cheap to pay the good one they had (Florence). They should have been filling other needs like OT or QB.

Watch my words, Mallet will become our new ghost. Hell in a couple years Bellichick migh even give us a "deal" on Brady.

Florence was adequate, but not great, and not someone to cry over MAYBE losing. Who says they won't bring him back and let McGee go? They could always just wait til about game 4 when Mcgee goes down with an injury and a roster spot opens up

As for Mallett, I would be pissed if I was him, sure for a Qb it might be nice to get to learn from Brady, but unless another catastrophic injury happens to Brady, you will end up spending your entire first contract sitting on the bench getting in for garbage time at the end of blowouts. You won't get a big 2nd contract (and since he was a 3rd rounder, his first one won't be huge either) beause teams will more then likely have huge ???'s about your ability because they haven't seen much of you yet.

I have a strange feeling that this was a move by the Pats to try and grab BPA, that they can turn around and flip in a deal when trades are allowed to happen and bring in more draft picks. or they just decided "WTF, why not grab a backup QB for Brady now"

Drayton Florence has been a good stopgap for the Bills, but that's all he is at this stage of his career. He turns 31 later this year and probably has no more than a year or two left in the NFL. Terrence McGee looks like he's done. Whether anyone likes it or not, the Bills needed a long-term solution at CB.

Mallett? Yeah, I think the Bills could live to regret that one, but he was passed over 73 times. We're not going to be the only ones who have to live with that problem a few years down the line.

Edited by Brandon

Read comments made by nix after the pick. He plainly said you have to take a cb every year.

As for mallet I am also disappointed the bills did not get him. However there are no assurances the guy is going to turn into a solid pro. He is as likely to go bust as he is to make it. The bills appear to be making smart picks. Hoodie and crew have positioned themselves wel to be able to take a flyer as they did. As much as I hate to admit it competition with the Patsies* is s much about the front office as is is about on the field. In addition to beating us on the field stocking up on picks is just another way they continue to run away from Buffalo.

However the good news is that Hoodie has not always been the best at picking talent. Many of their picks will be wasted.

Read comments made by nix after the pick. He plainly said you have to take a cb every year.

As for mallet I am also disappointed the bills did not get him. However there are no assurances the guy is going to turn into a solid pro. He is as likely to go bust as he is to make it. The bills appear to be making smart picks. Hoodie and crew have positioned themselves wel to be able to take a flyer as they did. As much as I hate to admit it competition with the Patsies* is s much about the front office as is is about on the field. In addition to beating us on the field stocking up on picks is just another way they continue to run away from Buffalo.

However the good news is that Hoodie has not always been the best at picking talent. Many of their picks will be wasted.

But thats because they are in a position to be able to do that. They already have plenty of impact players and their needs/holes are limited and usually depth, so they can wheel and deal high picks away to stockpile future picks. good teams can do that. They can also make moves like Atlanta did and trade away picks to move up and grab an impact player at a position they want to upgrade

teams like buffalo need impact players, so they need to draft well and keep their picks in the first couple rounds

suweeeet post, bro. excellent perspective. seems like we are looking at a real paradigm shift. maybe the ghost of the "beloved" tampa 2 had to be exorcised first.

instead of getting a 230lb LB, pumping him up to 250 and claiming "like, he's almost like sortuva DE".. we're looking at "yes, he IS a monster, at about 320, so we'll start him at end."

as for the orakpo factor, i think it's coming. there are too many maybe's to look at(not just aaron). i mean, it's still possible merriman can play. then we have moats, batten, and coleman to train and evaluate. if we don't have our guy, i bet we go get him next yr.

they're still in the early stages of a rebuild. (PLEASE pick up some OL now guyz). but it finally seems like at least they're doing it.

~AS

The only other ones I'm missing are Mangold and Orakpo. But we already have Wood, a younger version of Mangold now. We have yet to find our Orakpo but we will in time.

So back to the topic. We have all been haunted by what might have been. Haloti Ngata escaped our grasp. David Harris could have been had. Revis was an option as well. These were the fumbles of the past. We have a new GM now who seems to know what he is doing. He's making smart quality picks now and it looks like he's rectifying our past mistakes. Better late than never. Nix and Whaley are doing what needs to be done. I'm thinking Ralph is ok with this and is giving them some reign.

It's about damn time football men are in charge and making solid picks. We are overdue with this gentlemen and gentle ladies. I believe (in my own view) this year I will think less and less of bad picks of the past. This is a new beginning. This will be the start of a year when other teams for a change will say (a few years from now) that "damn, we shoulda picked up that player and we let him slide to Buffalo!" It's our time now.

Gentlemen we are on our way to an upswing. We have a GM who knows what he's doing. It's finally our time.

And that time is now ROMEUS!

I said I was talking about the first round pick, and if you read this excitement last year here about Spiller, I must have been hallucinating.