good job monsanto

Pete

OOOOOOh, I like this topic. You silly city folk

Spiny Amaranth is the problem that is overtaking the South. Ragweed is a problem in the midwest. There are lots of these out there, and the solution is one that is not easily understood. If you want to kill a broadleaf plant you use 2-4-d. It will not kill other things. If you want to kill these "superleafs" there are other things, such as Ally, or Sentinal. If you want to kill everything you just use a Killz-all, 2-4-D, water mix. To say there is no way to kill ragweed is bull. Even in no till systems you can control it easily: Here ya go

These SuperWeeds are not a result directly of Monsanto. They are a result of uneducated farmers, civilians, and others not knowing how to spread herbicide.

If you want to ensure that your enviorment will be protected discover your local Agricultural Extension program provided by your states public college system. In NC it is NCSU, NY - Cornell, OH-OSU, Alabama-Auburn, Texas - UTA, Kentucky - UK...and so on. These people are an amazing group that can provide you with resources to find locally raised food, solutions to many questions outoors, or just general information or direction to find information on anything from how to weed your garden, fertilize your yard, or raise chickens in your back yard. They are funded through land-grant University programs and lightly funded by taxes and state government. Their services are free and if more people used their services maybe we wouldn't have highly toxic enviroments that we inhabit.

FWIW: Monsanto is just the biggest name in the business, the Nike or Microsoft of the seed/fertilizer/etc companies. Pioneer and many others have the same business practices but have not been as successful in their ventures. I do not "support" Monsanto, I think they are not the classiest of acts but until they start to mess with KY31 I am not going to worry any more...and I am already concerned with them creating new Bluegrass strains.

...who really didn't think I would not reply to this post? :nana:

Edited by jboyst62

FWIW: Monsanto is just the biggest name in the business, the Nike or Microsoft of the seed/fertilizer/etc companies. Pioneer and many others have the same business practices but have not been as successful in their ventures. I do not "support" Monsanto, I think they are not the classiest of acts but until they start to mess with KY31 I am not going to worry any more...and I am already concerned with them creating new Bluegrass strains.

...who really didn't think I would not reply to this post? :nana:

Carl Spackler: "You know, cinch bugs, you know, manganese. A lot of people don't even know what that means. I invented my own kinda grass. This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff."

:P

:blink:

So evolution is Monsanto's fault?

Sure it is evolution. But usually evolution is not that instant. For every action there is a reaction. For example:

The cross-fertilisation between GM oilseed rape, a brassica, and a distantly related plant, charlock, had been discounted as virtually impossible by scientists with the environment department. It was found during a follow up to the government's three-year trials of GM crops which ended two years ago.

The new form of charlock was growing among many others in a field which had been used to grow GM rape. When scientists treated it with lethal herbicide it showed no ill-effects.

That is pressure cooker evolution. It is man !@#$ing with nature. Another example of man !@#$ing with nature and evolution being expedited is how we pollute animals with antibiotics- and today antibiotics are growing more resistant in humans.

GMO's are a Pandora's Box. It is pure arrogance, ignorance, and quite delusional to think we can outsmart nature. Monsanto is guilty as charged

Sure it is evolution. But usually evolution is not that instant. For every action there is a reaction. For example:

That is pressure cooker evolution. It is man !@#$ing with nature. Another example of man !@#$ing with nature and evolution being expedited is how we pollute animals with antibiotics- and today antibiotics are growing more resistant in humans.

GMO's are a Pandora's Box. It is pure arrogance, ignorance, and quite delusional to think we can outsmart nature. Monsanto is guilty as charged

What is a "lethal" herbicibe? Because, to my knowledge, there are about 7 common forms of herbicide working off similar chemicals and even more then that when it is refined.

Its not evolution is genetic diversity. Nature makes everyone a little different so when a pesticide tries to knock it out some will survive and that will become the dominant strain.

Although I agree we shouldn't mess with mother Earth