I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

From the Insider Podcast: (1) Gus is gay. (2) The character that is Gus' "partner", was given the name of the actor that played "Krazy-8" in the first 3 episodes of the show (Max Arciniega).

For some reason my iTunes isn't downloading this week's insider podcast-- is there another place to download it that you know of?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I usually listen to the podcast on my PC at the site: Breaking Bad Insider Podcast

Thanks, I just finished listening to it.

However, they didn't actually state that Gus is gay in the podcast-- Gilligan merely acknowledged that was a possible way to interpret the flashback, and said that he wanted to leave the discussion up to the audience.

Thanks, I just finished listening to it.

However, they didn't actually state that Gus is gay in the podcast-- Gilligan merely acknowledged that was a possible way to interpret the flashback, and said that he wanted to leave the discussion up to the audience.

True - and because it's actually out there and doesn't meet UCJ's definition of a true spoiler I'll state it here in the open. They really did make it seem as though Gus is gay. However, I recall there being a scene at Gus' house when Walt came over for dinner that there were some children's toys in the house. I wonder if that will be addressed?

True - and because it's actually out there and doesn't meet UCJ's definition of a true spoiler I'll state it here in the open. They really did make it seem as though Gus is gay. However, I recall there being a scene at Gus' house when Walt came over for dinner that there were some children's toys in the house. I wonder if that will be addressed?

That wasn't my first interpretation, actually, but I definitely can see how that could be a possibility after watching it again. My first reaction was, "that's exactly what Walt would do if they killed Jesse in front of him." They were mirroring the Walt-Jesse relationship so closely with Gus and Max in that scene, I thought, if anything, they're foreshadowing Jesse's fate.

I think it will be one of those things they just leave open for interpretation-- kind of like what transpired between Walt and his previous career as a chemist with the pharmaceutical company, and how he lost his girlfriend etc. We can surmise, but we may never actually get a scene spelling it out for us.

That wasn't my first interpretation, actually, but I definitely can see how that could be a possibility after watching it again. My first reaction was, "that's exactly what Walt would do if they killed Jesse in front of him." They were mirroring the Walt-Jesse relationship so closely with Gus and Max in that scene, I thought, if anything, they're foreshadowing Jesse's fate.

Or maybe you have it backwards.

Max/Walt was the cook and Gus_Then/Jesse had offended The Don/Gus_Today. The Don/Gus_Today asked if Max was the cook what did he really need Gus_Then for?

Maybe it's foreshadowing Walt and not Jesse

If it's not settled, and Gilligan said that it'll be up to the viewers to decide, then OK. Fair game. I thought the disclosure was foreshadowing specific events to come. But that doesn't change that the thread structure re: spoiler tags needs to change. This is the last time I'm going to harp on it, but if the episode has aired (11 p.m. Sunday), anything that has aired and our own observations and speculations are free to discuss openly. If you've DVR'ed/Tivo'ed then read at your own peril. Anything beyond discussion of previously aired material and viewer speculation needs tags.

That Gilligan isn't saying and might not disclose Gus's sexuality is actually pretty cool. Because it's not that big a deal. Gays are just like anybody else, don't you know.

I wonder if that was even Gus's house. There's a whole double bluff smokescreen that exists between Gus and Walt/Jesse. He's seen when he wants to be seen.

Or maybe you have it backwards.

Max/Walt was the cook and Gus_Then/Jesse had offended The Don/Gus_Today. The Don/Gus_Today asked if Max was the cook what did he really need Gus_Then for?

Maybe it's foreshadowing Walt and not Jesse

The don was trying to neuter his competition there by taking out the most important man of the operation --- the cook. It would be totally counterproductive of Gus to off Walt or allow Walt to be offed. Gus has now been shown to have had even more of a problem with retaining his high-level cooks than we knew wrt Gale. And I think the Yes or No question was whether Gus would hand over Walt ostensibly to be killed as payback for the twins and/or Tuco.

When the don said that he knew everything that went on in his empire, I was so waiting for Gus to say that evidently, he didn't even know that Tuco's uncle pisses in the don's pool. I suppose that would've been a bit of disrespect, which wouldn't be a smart move.

Gus's past in Chile remains to be seen, but it appears that he was a muckity-muck who had enough influence to make his records there disappear like a ghost.

Just watched this weeks episode (after Dolphins/Pats I am footballed out for the week)...won't give anything away, but, man...this show gets better every week...

I agree...great episode this week

i just watched the last 2 episodes yesterday...and I will also say I stayed away from this thread until such time to avoid seeing anything to spoil it....but where did i miss the gus being gay subject matter?????

I think that came from a podcast interview with one of the writers, or something...that may be yet to come on the show, or, simply, an implied thing by the writer, something they had in mind while writing the scene, but never to be a key part of the story...we shall see...just seems like almost every episode this season has felt like a season finale, where you can't wait to see what happnes next...that is a hard thing to pull off, and still put on a good show...take "The Killing" as an example of bad writing, using this technique.

I think that came from a podcast interview with one of the writers, or something...that may be yet to come on the show, or, simply, an implied thing by the writer, something they had in mind while writing the scene, but never to be a key part of the story...we shall see...just seems like almost every episode this season has felt like a season finale, where you can't wait to see what happnes next...that is a hard thing to pull off, and still put on a good show...take "The Killing" as an example of bad writing, using this technique.

It was mentioned on the Breaking Bad Insider Podcast, a weekly podcast run by Vince Gilligan (creator and showrunner) and Kelly Dixon (editor). It's put out every week following an episode's airing, and they usually have the writer and/or director of the episode, plus an actor or two, on the podcast to discuss all aspects of the previous episode. If you have the time, it's a must-listen for fans.

In last week's episode, Kelly asked Gilligan if Gus was gay, based on the flashback scene. Gilligan said he wanted the audience to interpret the scene for themselves, and wouldn't say either way whether Gus was in fact gay or not.

And I agree with you, every episode has finished on a nail-biting scene recently, and Sunday's was the most intense. A part of me actually thought Walt was going to kill Jesse in that scene.

that's interesting...i never once thought that flashback had any homosexual undertones...i just saw it as 2 dudes running a drug business...interesting to hear how it plays out and why...i am looking forward to seeing where gus came from pre-89

It was mentioned on the Breaking Bad Insider Podcast, a weekly podcast run by Vince Gilligan (creator and showrunner) and Kelly Dixon (editor). It's put out every week following an episode's airing, and they usually have the writer and/or director of the episode, plus an actor or two, on the podcast to discuss all aspects of the previous episode. If you have the time, it's a must-listen for fans.

In last week's episode, Kelly asked Gilligan if Gus was gay, based on the flashback scene. Gilligan said he wanted the audience to interpret the scene for themselves, and wouldn't say either way whether Gus was in fact gay or not.

And I agree with you, every episode has finished on a nail-biting scene recently, and Sunday's was the most intense. A part of me actually thought Walt was going to kill Jesse in that scene.

I thought one of them (didn't know which one) would get the upper hand and have the other ones life in his hands, but spare them.

Loved the brief moment of tenderness when Jesse asks Walt if he can walk followed up with the not so subtle get out

These guys do a great podcast as well as show reviews and news. They break up the podcast so that the spoiler talk is divided from the show review and listener feedback.

Here's another fan podcast site that gets interviews with actors and others involved with the show: Behind the Cutting Edge

Not really a spoiler: Vince Gilligan said in the interview that he thinks AMC will break up the 16 episode deal into two 8 episode seasons.

Awww snap, it hit the fan!

Hell yeah it did! Take out the crap with Skylar and that idiot she was bangin', and this was a damn near perfect episode.

Hell yeah it did! Take out the crap with Skylar and that idiot she was bangin', and this was a damn near perfect episode.

I have a feeling the crap with Skylar and that idiot she was bangin' is slowly setting up something.

Like maybe an IRS investigation into that guy, who I doubt will have any compunction about turning in Skylar. And lets face it, Skylar seems like a very weak link

Now we see why Gus had Mike training Jesse

Jesse now has both Gus and Mike's lives in his hands. For a moment I was wondering if this was when Jesse takes a golden opportunity to rid himself and Walt of Gus (and Mike). Then AMC ran next weeks preview

Walt is gonna be pissed on many counts.

1) Who thought when Gus asked to use the bathroom that he was going to piss in the Don's pool (as Tuco's uncle did) as everyone died?

2) Jesse had and still has the golden opportunity to kill Gus (and Mike) or at least just not help them. But then again, the business and something of a personal bond with them forged over the last several episodes may have been enough to convince Jesse that he's their man. Anyway, after the fight, it's hard to tell where things stand. Given Walt's cry-down and transferred apology to/via Walt Jr., and that Jesse demonstrated he can cook the product on his own, it seems like Jesse is now the jefe in their partnership. Addressing this and the DEA / Hank seems to be the storylines that are left for the season finale and next year's final run.

3) How good was the scene between Walt and Walt. Jr.? It really seems like after that rebuke from his son, this is the point where Walt might opt out, that enough is enough, he needs to take what he's gotten and turn around from what's he's been "this past year."

But Skylar giving Ted that money is really going to get Walt's goat. And why do I think that the residual frustration from his defeat by Gus/Jesse is going to just make him semi-snap on his own family?

Walt is gonna be pissed on many counts.

1) Who thought when Gus asked to use the bathroom that he was going to piss in the Don's pool (as Tuco's uncle did) as everyone died?

2) Jesse had and still has the golden opportunity to kill Gus (and Mike) or at least just not help them. But then again, the business and something of a personal bond with them forged over the last several episodes may have been enough to convince Jesse that he's their man. Anyway, after the fight, it's hard to tell where things stand. Given Walt's cry-down and transferred apology to/via Walt Jr., and that Jesse demonstrated he can cook the product on his own, it seems like Jesse is now the jefe in their partnership. Addressing this and the DEA / Hank seems to be the storylines that are left for the season finale and next year's final run.

3) How good was the scene between Walt and Walt. Jr.? It really seems like after that rebuke from his son, this is the point where Walt might opt out, that enough is enough, he needs to take what he's gotten and turn around from what's he's been "this past year."

But Skylar giving Ted that money is really going to get Walt's goat. And why do I think that the residual frustration from his defeat by Gus/Jesse is going to just make him semi-snap on his own family?

I don't think Ted is going to make it to the end of Season 4.

Gus watched Jesse make meth equal to the quality of Gale (96.2%). However, Walt's is still purer (99%). Remember that Gus had thought that Gale's meth would "be fine"? I wonder if he thinks he can then move on with Jesse as the chief cook? Of course Gus, Mike & Jesse still have to make it home.

I have no real idea how the rest of this season plays out, but the ride certainly will be fun.