Andrew Luck

Thoner7

I am not compareing Luck to locker but I remember Locker was talked about going #1 last years draft... then look what happened... Noone knows what will happen in next year's draft. Going 0-16 is never a good thing.

Luck was better 2 years ago than Locker ever has been at any point. IMO, Luck is the next Peyton Manning.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Good Draft, Bad Draft - the players we select in the first few rounds (Hopefully on Defense) will, MUST play a great deal in the 2011 season. BUT - even if they have stellar Pro-Bowl types of seasons, the BEST we do is move from the bottom of the defensive pack to middle. That doesn't equal play-offs. It just means Teams will actually have to game plan for us and actually take Buffalo a little serious instead of looking at it as a "Scrub Game". 31 Teams currently look at a game against Buffalo as a check in the "WIN" column. You really think a great draft this year will turn that around in a single season? Seriously?

With the season schedule we have, I don't expect to win many games this year - plain and simple. Would it be nice to get Luck next year? Of course, but don't hold your breath. I can't imagine a Coach telling his team to lose so they can draft one player the following season. Ridiculous. Imagine how Fitz would feel, and subsequently play with the message "Hey, we want this rookie cause you're just so so, He's the future, you're not - so tank it Baby" which really would mean ending or limiting his career since a Sucky QB isn't going to be picked up by other teams too often. If I was Ftitz, that would sound like a pretty stupid idea. I'd be playing to further my career and cash in - performance = Dollars Homeboy - and the man can add - remember?

Sides, the stadium is getting empty enough on game day, intentional losing equals major revenue problems - which mean problems for the future of the franchise remaining in Buffalo. WE BE SMALL MARKET - understand what that means and lose the BIG MARKET Team mentality. With todays NFL strucure, the glory days of the 90's are from a different era. Hold on to them, it's going to be a long time before we return there.

We will improve with a good draft, wise dipping in the FA market, and a QB that has more protection and weapons that aren't injured. We just won't be night and day from last year. If we want Luck that badly, we trade up and sell future draft picks to get him - is he worth it? We'll see.

Stanford Spring game, almost 2 full quarters

16-22, 165 yds, 3 TDs

:devil:

If we really want a good QB we need to by pass a QB this year & build the crap out of the D Then next year sell the farm to go up & get Luck , pull what the Jets did give like 3 draft picks & go to #1 if we need to and grab that guy . But with what is there this year i don't think it's worth a #3 pick for Gabbert & Newton's a huge risk !!

I ain't sayin - but i'm just sayin !! Go Bills !!!!

I agree, last year Locker and Ponder were both projected to go high if they declared for the draft they didn't...This time next year it will be interesting to see where Luck falls...asking him to repeat last years performance with a new HC, and to remain healthy for the entire season without hurting his chances of going 1st over all next year is highly unlikely. I don't understand the logic of wanting to go 0-16 this season just to guarantee we get luck next year.

I wouldnt say " highly unlikely". "There's definitely a chance he slips", sounds more like it to me

And Luck's father was good in college but could not get off the bench in the NFL. The apple is sitting right under the tree. I'll pass.

So your logic is since his the dad didnt do well in the NFL his son wont either?

Great article, Joe! Well thought out.

I think we can expect anything on Thursday night.

Yes. Thanks Joe for the link and the read. Would love Luck on our side. Hard to imagine all of that playing out the right way for The Bills though. Probably equally probability that they just get the #1 pick next year the natural way. :sick: That would make a very, very ugly 2011 season.

So your logic is since his the dad didnt do well in the NFL his son wont either?

I'm saying that they don't let crappy racehorses become studs. You figure out the rest.

I think rooting for the Bills to lose so they can get Luck is ridiculous. If you always root for them to lose as it appears you do, then by all means keep it up; just don't do it in hopes of getting Luck.

0-16 baby!!!! :thumbsup:

Well, if there is no season this year, what happens with next year's draft? Does it still go in the same draft order as this year? If so maybe we can move up to get Andrew Luck.

Edited by BB2004

Lose now, WIN later.

JaKool, I'll be polite. What you are saying could never happen because the GM and Coaches would be looking for a new job if they did that. But if we treat it as a realistic option, it would still be unwise because good players we have would be eager to leave, free agents would be even less interested in playing for the Bills than they are now, and Andrew Luck would refuse to go to Buffalo (like the younger Manning did with San Diego). Heck, there are a number of disgruntled fans who would think of it as "the last straw" and abandon the Bills. Even the slim chance that the Bills stay in Buffalo would be negatively impacted, because local money guys would be less enthusiastic about "saving" the team from departure if they were that screwed up.

+1

Sometimes i wish it were possible to un-read something.

+2

I tried CTRL-Z several times, but I still see the words in my head. There is no way Luck falls to #32, so I wish the Bengals success with him after they draft him #1 next year.

I agree, last year Locker and Ponder were both projected to go high if they declared for the draft they didn't...This time next year it will be interesting to see where Luck falls...asking him to repeat last years performance with a new HC, and to remain healthy for the entire season without hurting his chances of going 1st over all next year is highly unlikely. I don't understand the logic of wanting to go 0-16 this season just to guarantee we get luck next year.

The logic is that Luck is the best QB to come out since Peyton Manning, you idiot. It's like drafting Michael Jordan, even better, because he has the ball every play. Happens once every 20 years. Whoever gets him is an instant contender. The Bills this year will be about the same team they were last year. Here's hoping they stink it up as bad this year as they did last year. Drafting Patrick Peterson would be perfect as he won't add much. Or trading down even better as they get more talented but initially clueless athletes to put around Luck. they still give up 200 per game on the ground and lose 13 to 14 games. A nice strike shortened year where the Bills stink it up would be perfect. this team needs a revolutionary event. getting some Luck would be that event. He cannot miss.