How would you like to have this guy own the Bills?

Beerball

Every one of the 353 Sabres past — whether they played a single game or 1,000 — received an invitation to the event, said Gilbert, who wouldn't say how much it cost the team. The Sabres are covering all the alumni expenses.

That is so Impressive. And it looks like they got all the details right; having game jerseys, putting them up in nice hotels, transportation, etc. Would love to hear from some people who were at the game last night or saw some of the alumni elsewhere. And it's not just that he spent a couple hundred grand; it's that he cares about the franchise. If people don't think that make a huge difference to current players and free agents deciding where to sign, they are sorely mistaken. Right now Pegula looks like one of the best owners in sports, and unlike any of his predecessors (or Wilson), I believe him when he says he is dedicated to winning a championship in Buffalo.

Pegula as an owner is any fan's dream come true, especially for Buffalo, where beggars can't be choosers. He's a huge Sabres fan with money to burn and no cares as to whether he makes money or not. And his kids love hockey and at least one of them wants to own a hockey team, so the team will probably stay in Buffalo for at-least the next half-century. Hopefully he can deliver on the Stanley Cup promise, but as Dan Snyder has shown, you can spend tons of money and still get nowhere. However it's clear that with his actions so far that outside of the desire to spend money on the team, Pegula isn't anything like Snyder as an owner.

Pegula as an owner is any fan's dream come true, especially for Buffalo, where beggars can't be choosers. He's a huge Sabres fan with money to burn and no cares as to whether he makes money or not. And his kids love hockey and at least one of them wants to own a hockey team, so the team will probably stay in Buffalo for at-least the next half-century. Hopefully he can deliver on the Stanley Cup promise, but as Dan Snyder has shown, you can spend tons of money and still get nowhere. However it's clear that with his actions so far that outside of the desire to spend money on the team, Pegula isn't anything like Snyder as an owner.

There's a difference between spending money and making investments in the future.

There's a difference between spending money and making investments in the future.

True, and I probably should have used Jerruh's name as well, since I think most would say that he makes investments for the future. The Cowboys the past 6 seasons couldn't even be considered as successful as the Sabres' under Golisano during the same time period, while the Redskins have been even worse.

I know that some are refusing to acknowledge the "Pegula bump" the Sabres have received, but I have a very good feeling about their upcoming playoff run...not saying they win it all, but I am just so damned impressed with the way they have been playing the last couple of months...while I realize they started playing better right before T-Pegs purchased the team, I think their sustained enthusiastic play is, in large part, due to the aura that the new owner has surrounded the team with...the level of expectation has been raised, and, maybe, for the first time, the players feel like somebody has their backs, on the ice. Pegula has sent the message, the Sabres are players in the NHL. The fact that they won their last game, when they didn't "need to" was very telling to me...I am excited about the future of this franchise.

Does it get any better, for a Buffalo hockey fan, than Sabres vs Flyers?

Edited by Buftex