Confirmed! Bills are the worst-drafting team in the NFL

That's because you are choosing to ignore the obvious. There's a reason the Jets are winning playoff games and the Bills remain the division doormat.

Yeah Atlanta, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New England are just slubs when it comes to drafting and winning playoff games.

Many of the Jet's Defenders are players the Ravens drafted.

I'd put the Jets around #12 on that list when it comes to drafting.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats no suprise. Its a bit more disheartening when you best pick in the last 5 years was Jarius Byrd. I know he had 9 picks as a rookie, but half of those were either gift wrappedn and handed to him or he was totally out of position and the play should have been a TD but somehow the QB threw it to Byrd instead of his WR. He has been a let down IMO. He takes bad angles in run support and is routinely out of position in pass coverage. He allowed a lot of TDs last year.

Not only that, the team that picked after we did Byrd gave up their second round pick for a 3rd and a 1st the following season. If I recall the selection wound up being approx. 15.

There is no reason to think that this offer was not floated by the Bills, but Jauron probably had a ton of say and could never resist a defensive back.

Our hope is that Nix has enough brains not to build the team on dbs, rbs, wrs, etc., but the Spiller selection was a very bad sign. If the draft Peterson it will indicate that nothing really has changed, and we will continue to be a small, weak team that loses football games.

And say what you wanna say about Mike Williams no one question his talent and ability on the OL.... monday morning qb's i tell you ...sheesh

Not true. Williams was a fat right tackle with a chronic ankle injury. McKinney never gave up a sack in college. People on this board were well aware of this. My signature at the time was, "Draft McKinnie." And, there are posters here who get to see a lot more college games than I do.

An 18 year old kid with a few draft magazines would have drafted better than our front office.

spiller got put in a crowded backfield....he'll be more than a 3rd down back....give him time...and in time i mean atleast his 2nd year....

And say what you wanna say about Mike Williams no one question his talent and ability on the OL.... monday morning qb's i tell you ...sheesh

Good running backs are good enough to get out of a crowded backfield and work their way onto the field. Spiller had better do that this year.

McKinnie was supposed to be better, but Williams was no slouch - at the very least, he should have been better than Jonas Jennings.

McKinnie played the more important LT position

Fat Mike was a slow fat unmotivated RT who played soft

It was a stupid pick from the moment they made it

but that's what happens when TD didn't bother to vet the OL guys since he was always taking Joey H with that pick.

panic move

Our hope is that Nix has enough brains not to build the team on dbs, rbs, wrs, etc., but the Spiller selection was a very bad sign. If the draft Peterson it will indicate that nothing really has changed, and we will continue to be a small, weak team that loses football games.

I'm amazed Nix and SD used only one pick in the top 3 rounds from 2001-08 on an OT, that being Marcus McNeill. I wonder if Nix even values the position as much as some of us, given that LT and RT are the two most important OL positions.

What's scary is the depth at QB behind Fitzpatrick. Protecting him with a bargain bin pickup via UDFA, low cost UFA, late round pick or former practice squad type on his 4th team in three years wouldn't seem prudent. Then again, I think Nix thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and can find OT's anywhere during the season in case something happens.

Edited by BillsVet

Hopefully being the worst drafting team will be a thing of the past now that we have Nix & company running things !!

I think to answer what you said about Jarius Byrd being a disappointment that we need a pass rush . Byrds rookie year our pass rush came from Schobel & i don't care what any one thinks he was a force that needed monitoring while he was on the team .

After he left last year there pretty much was no pass rush ,so i believe if we get a decent pass rush this year where the opposing QB can't just sit in the pocket & is forced to throw before he wants you'll see the INT's for Byrd & others go up !!