They Boo'd McNabb

In many ways Jim was overrated. He was never the most accurate QB, didn't always make the best decisions, and would just as soon put the whole world on his shoulders and try to move it; and there was a good chance he'd succeed at it, too. I really think his teams were very comparible to the Bills teams of the 90's. McNabb, though, has been plastered as the coverboy for many items and he is a leader and a role model in the public eye. It was a odd twist that they went from such a class act to Vick.

I don't play FF.

That's funny. I've never heard a "Jim Kelly was overrated" thread. Although I wouldn't say that he was the best QB ever, (I personally thought Elway, Marino, and Moon were better QBs for the same reasons you stated)I still would not say that he was overrated just because of that. Nobody said he was better than Tom Brady or Peyton Manning....if you wanna talk about overrated, let's talk about Matt Cassell, Charlie Whitehurst, AJ Feely and Kevin Kolb(people who got LOT'S of money and haven't done jack). At least McNabb put his team on the map.

POW!!!

On Draft night....

I hear soo many people saying how dissapointed they would be if the Bills draft Cam Newton....

So what.....because if he pans out the same people that probably boo'd that night became his biggest fans....

Do i wish i was in the war room and actually had a say? of course.... but i believe whomever we draft this year will make a positive impact within the first 2 years

Um, Maybin, Spiller and if we draft Newton he will be added to the list. Bills need to get this one right or Nix will be out of here (in a few years of course) and we will be starting all over again.

The most overrated??? Really??? Ok, he only led the Eagles to 5 NFC Championship games, 1 Superbowl and went to 6 pro-bowls in his 11 years there. He did this while rarely having any receivers. You gotta be kidding me. And oh yeah, this came from the Eagles when they traded him:

"Donovan McNabb was more than a franchise quarterback for this team," Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie said. "He truly embodied all of the attributes of a great quarterback and of a great person. He has been an excellent representative of this organization and the entire National Football League both on and off the field. I look forward to honoring him as one of the greatest Eagles of all time and hopefully see him enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton one day."

If you don't want that, then whatever you're smoking has got your brain all messed up. Sorry, not buying the overrated argument. :thumbdown:<_<

:thumbsup:

...and Mike Schmidt.

I actually like Philly a lot, as a city. But their sports fans are complete botards.

i have resided in the philly area the past three years after having lived in buffalo my first 55 years. i have come to the realization that philly sports fans have an inferiority complex. they constantly have to remind themselves how "tough" they are. it is laughable and i loved it when they canceled that football game this year because of snow! are you kidding me? these pansies could not even sit in a snowstorm. having sat thru all kinds of conditions at the ralph, these fans in philly could not even be considered to be in buffalo's league.

He never won the ring and only got there 1 time. He was never the stand out. He had amazing defenses, good WR's and RB's, and did very well with what he had.

He reminds me of Jim Kelly. Always did enough to be counted upon but never enough to be considered the absolute best - the only difference is that McNabb is hyped all of the time. He is playing the same way and style right now that he was in Phili and you can see how far that is getting them.

He had pretty good defenses (not amazing), one good wide receiver (before DeSean Jackson came along) who threw him under a bus after only one and a half seasons, and a running back who was injured most of his career. He didn't have much to work with in Philly and yet they were good year after year. The Eagles would have been a playoff team maybe 2 or 3 times without McNabb and yet they went to 5 championship games with him.

For that reason, I am not a fan of drafting Cam but if we do I will give him a chance and reserve the boos for the field if he does indeed turn out to be a bust.

He never won the ring and only got there 1 time. He was never the stand out. He had amazing defenses, good WR's and RB's, and did very well with what he had.

He reminds me of Jim Kelly. Always did enough to be counted upon but never enough to be considered the absolute best - the only difference is that McNabb is hyped all of the time. He is playing the same way and style right now that he was in Phili and you can see how far that is getting them.

Overrated by who? Do you think he belongs in the HoF? Hes had 2 good WRs, both for a couple years each, I remember when that Curtis kid and some WR out if Georgia were his #1 and 2. I don't think he was overrated, just not an elite qb

Overrated by who? Do you think he belongs in the HoF? Hes had 2 good WRs, both for a couple years each, I remember when that Curtis kid and some WR out if Georgia were his #1 and 2. I don't think he was overrated, just not an elite qb

All I'll say is Jim Kelly was lucky the internet didn't exist when he was drafted.

PTR

In many ways Jim was overrated. He was never the most accurate QB, didn't always make the best decisions, and would just as soon put the whole world on his shoulders and try to move it; and there was a good chance he'd succeed at it, too. I really think his teams were very comparible to the Bills teams of the 90's. McNabb, though, has been plastered as the coverboy for many items and he is a leader and a role model in the public eye. It was a odd twist that they went from such a class act to Vick.

I don't play FF.

Strangely enough, I think most Bills fans would give quite a bit to have one of those two QB you pan as "overrated" QB, early in their career with mileage left, behind our center for a decade or so

I highly doubt it. Eagle fans boo everyone, and I'm sure they booed McNabb because they were expecting to draft Ricky Williams.

610 WIP was trying to make a push for the Eagles to draft Ricky Williams and encouraged anyone going to the draft to boo any other pick...this has been widely reported since that draft

i have resided in the philly area the past three years after having lived in buffalo my first 55 years. i have come to the realization that philly sports fans have an inferiority complex. they constantly have to remind themselves how "tough" they are. it is laughable and i loved it when they canceled that football game this year because of snow! are you kidding me? these pansies could not even sit in a snowstorm. having sat thru all kinds of conditions at the ralph, these fans in philly could not even be considered to be in buffalo's league.

although I agree canceling that game was a joke they didnt cancel it because they didnt think people could sit through a snow storm and watch the game, it was about the safety of the fans getting to the game and more importantly getting home

Philadelphia has awful traffic to begin with especially around the stadiums so the snow makes it that much worse

your inferiority complex comment is just dumb...you say they have to remind themselves how "tough" they are then say these pansies couldnt sit through a snowstorm...which is it?

there are idiot fans everywhere, not just philly...look what just happened in LA