latest walter mock draft

DUFF

Please no Newton. We don't need another JaMarcus Russell or Akili Smith. One year wonders.

I'm in favor of drafting a defender in the first round as my signature suggests but your comparison is a REAL head scratcher. Newton couldn't be less like either of those guys. If anything the comparisons are to Tim Tebow, Vince Young and Ben Roethlisberger. Big guys with athleticism. Out of that group Newton is the most athletic, the second largest and second best passer imo. I say second best passer because I am really not impressed with Tebow and Young as passers. Big Ben is the best passer and was more accurate in college if I am not mistaken.

Cam will be in Carolina. The Bills will go defense with the first 2 picks and grab Christian Ponder/Kaepernick in 3rd. Ponder has history with Gailey as Chan tried to recruit him out of HS.

I agree with this theory. I really beleive Cam is going to be a head case for whoever drafts him. I think all this publicity has gone to his head and will continue. You've got Warren Moon out there criticizing the media is being racist towards Cam. Too much for someone who has much to prove still.

I like the idea of taking Ponder or Kaepernick in later rounds. We need to improve the defense first and foremost. Yeah so what if the draft is deep with DEs and DTs, but the more early on, the better. Granted we have the fear of the McCargo syndrome, but we can't take a chance and miss out on some good defensive players. I'm comfortable with Fitz for the next year or two. Let them groom Levi; why else did they draft him.

This mock is just about as rediculous as it gets. We will not draft the one year wonder Newton, nor will we take a "spread O" QB like Gabbert, who's #'s don't even add up to his predicessor @ Mizzou. This guy just wants to be different. 2nd is too early for a TE when Stocker will be there in the 3rd and this is the first I've seen the Carpenter jumped up into the third as well.

has the Bills taking...

1. QB Cam Newton

2. TE Kyle Rudolph

3. OT James Carpenter

A little different than what Gailey suggested about taking mostly defense in this draft. But at this time of year

you can't take anything people say at face value...even though our good'ol'boys seem like pretty straight shooters.

If they do decide to go with Cam in the first then this mock does make sense...giving him a TE to throw to

and an OT to protect him. Honestly I like this draft...but am concerned about the defense as well. It's unfortunate

that the one time in how many years we have the #3 pick in the draft...and there is NO clear cut, this is the guy,

type of player out there. At least not in comparison to last year with Bradford being the clear cut best QB, Suh being

the clear cut best NT. Someone else on this board also made a good point that we drafted mostly defense last year.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

Let me try and fix at least their first two picks.. 1. Marcell Dareus DT

2. Colin Kaepernick QB

3. Best available OT..

:thumbsup: Okay, now at least I'm happy!

I have my doubts about Cam as well, but I also have a fear of watching him kick ass for the next 10 years

for another team. Here are my thoughts...open for debate: (only talking football here...not that icon/entertainer bs)

1. Cam could sit behind Fitz for a year and hopefully learn Fitz two best attributes (heart and reading defenses)

If that can be taught you have a qb who is bigger, faster, stronger, and more accurate,and a cannon for an arm.

(for the record I love Fitz and what he has done for the Bills O last season, but we have all seen the throws where

he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.)

2. Last draft many of us wanted Tebow (me included to an extent- 2nd round)...Cam again is bigger, faster,etc... and doesn't

have that wierd throwing motion that Tebow had.

3. Some question his ability to read defenses (fair enough) but he did learn a new offense in his one year at Auburn and led

his team to a national title.

4. im sure i'll piss alot of people off with this one, but i still don't see all the hype with Andrew Luck. I fully admit that

i am somewhat ignorant as I wasn't able to pick up many of his games where i live...but i saw a few and youtubed it as well,

and to me it seemed like the guy did alot of check-down throws and short passes. (again i'm sure i am completely off track because

everyone thinks Luck is the second coming of Peyton Manning...i guess i just missed it)

In conclusion i am not trying to sway any opinions towards Newton, I am just confused I guess as to why someone with all the above

seems to be not getting the credability he should in this draft. It seems like the Jamarcus Russell effect. One fat lazy black qb,

has created a stigma for all qbs coming out that are black, making us focus on the qb's that were busts, instead of the successful

McNabb, Vick, Warren Moon, Randel Cunningham, etc... Why hasn't Cam been compared to any of them, instead of just Jamarcus Russel, or

Vince Young???? sorry for the rant.............Cam Haters flame away!!!!!!!!!!!

.....flamers!!! :rolleyes:

I also would be pretty pumped with this draft. Im not too high on Cam, because I haven’t met him, and I deffinately don’t think he will make it, but at least he has the measurable of an NFL caliber player at his position (unlike most of the Bills 1st round picks) But that pick essential don’t anger me.

I am thrilled with the 2nd and 3rd round selections. TE IMO is the 2nd or 3rd most important positon on O behind only QB and maybe LT. Rudolph could score us 10 TDs next year and be a huge force in the run game. Huge plus landing him that late.

Carpenter is also a great OL prospect and is horribly under rated. Considering he has vastly outperformed guys like Solder and Costanso on the field and lasts till the 3rd is awesome for us. He may be the 2nd best T in this draft, definitely the 3rd or 4th best IMO. Consider RT filled for 12 years.

has the Bills taking...

1. QB Cam Newton

2. TE Kyle Rudolph

3. OT James Carpenter

A little different than what Gailey suggested about taking mostly defense in this draft. But at this time of year

you can't take anything people say at face value...even though our good'ol'boys seem like pretty straight shooters.

If they do decide to go with Cam in the first then this mock does make sense...giving him a TE to throw to

and an OT to protect him. Honestly I like this draft...but am concerned about the defense as well. It's unfortunate

that the one time in how many years we have the #3 pick in the draft...and there is NO clear cut, this is the guy,

type of player out there. At least not in comparison to last year with Bradford being the clear cut best QB, Suh being

the clear cut best NT. Someone else on this board also made a good point that we drafted mostly defense last year.

We can improve this defense by having 6 LB's staying healthy this year, by Troup's and Carrington's improvement, by McGee staying healthy so lock down their number 1 receiver, and by savvy defensive picks in RD 3-7. I think the selection of Carpenter in RD3 should be a defensive pick, as there are still strong O-Linemen in RD 4-5-6. How about:

1-Cam Newton QB

2-Kyle Rudolph TE

3-K.J. Wright OLB/ILB

4-Casey Matthews ILB

4-Pernell McPhee DE

5-Korey Lindsey CB

6-Joseph Barksdale OT

7-Harold Ayodele DT34

7-Terry Griffin DT34

I know people will call Ponder a reach at #34 but I tend to think that if they don't pick up an extra second in a trade down, they may go Ponder at #34 because they don't want to risk missing out.

For some reason people on this board fell in love with Kapernick but I think Ponder is the one that the guys at One Bills Drive like.

I'm preparing myself for the "reach" combo of Cam Jordan/Christian Ponder. It would be a very Buffalo Bills like draft, and for a change I wouldn't mind.

I agree wholeheartedly! I can't see us passing on the big Defensive guys at #3 because we so desperately need a stud in the front seven to match up with Williams and to create pressure on QB's and to stuff the run, so someone like Dareus, Fairley, Quinn, Jordan, even Miller at 3 and then go get Ponder with the 34 pick - which is how I see this draft playing out. Ponder isn't getting the hype that Newton/Gabbert are getting, but I think he'll have just as productive a career as those guys, and maybe the most pro-ready QB of the class. In that scenario we end up with two franchise players, as opposed to going QB at 3 and the talent you'd get at 34 probably won't be probowl level - you never know, as the TE pick might be that good, but I just think the safer way is Defense 1, Qb 2, LB 3 and then BPA rest of the way.

I agree with this theory. I really beleive Cam is going to be a head case for whoever drafts him. I think all this publicity has gone to his head and will continue. You've got Warren Moon out there criticizing the media is being racist towards Cam. Too much for someone who has much to prove still.

I like the idea of taking Ponder or Kaepernick in later rounds. We need to improve the defense first and foremost. Yeah so what if the draft is deep with DEs and DTs, but the more early on, the better. Granted we have the fear of the McCargo syndrome, but we can't take a chance and miss out on some good defensive players. I'm comfortable with Fitz for the next year or two. Let them groom Levi; why else did they draft him.

I'd also like to see us use several high picks on defense this year. I'm hoping that the organization's praise for Newton and Gabbert is part of a strategy to allow them to trade down a few spots in the first round. If this draft is as deep in DL talent as I keep reading, then we can get an impact DL even after trading down a few spots, and get a few extra picks in the process.

I realize you need somebody willing to trade up to make that strategy work, but things look promising on that front. Most draftniks seem to think that there is a sharp drop-off in QB talent after Newton and Gabbert, and there are multiple teams widely thought to be in need of immediate QB help, including Cinci at #4. Denver took Tebow high last year, so they are unlikely to take a QB this year at #2. So even if Carolina takes a QB #1, either Gabbert or Newton will probably be on the board when the Bills are on the clock at #3. And if the CBA situation remains unresolved on draft day, teams that need QB help won't be assured of getting anyone in free agency. It doesn't get much better than that if you want to trade down from #3.

I recently read that Gailey was quoted as saying that it was a "joy" to be able to talk football over dinner with Newton. A "joy?" Really? Does that sound like an authentic Gailey sentiment to you? Sounds phony to me. But it makes sense if they want to trade down.

I'd like to see us trade down a few spots and take Cameron Jordan or JJ Watt, and use the rest of whatever early round picks we have on front 7 defenders and a right OT.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

has the Bills taking...

1. QB Cam Newton

2. TE Kyle Rudolph

3. OT James Carpenter

Buddy said on BB.com in the state of the Bills address that they (meaning him & Gailey) both "like Fitz & believe that they can win with him"

And also said that they have other needs that they can or need to address and that QB was not as pressing as some seem to think it is .

So given what he says i don't know that , that is telegraphing his pick . Especially seeing as there is a strong possibility that Ponder or Kapernik may be there in the second round .

Plus the outside possibility of one of the others falling even farther which would put the risk factor at a minimum !! So i don't see this guys logic being very sound at all !!

Buddies going D with #3 !! Bet on it !!