which smart phone do you prefer?

Pete

20 members have voted

1. 1. which smart phone do you prefer?

• Iphone 4
    • Thunderbolt
    • wait for the Bionic

My contract is up next month and I can't stand ATT and can't wait to switch back to Verizon. I played around with the Thunderbolt a little today and it doesnt seem as intuitive as the Iphone. But I keep reading rave reviews. I appreciate your thoughts, thank you

Iphone 5 will be a lot like the Bionic, however, more expensive with more expensive hardware.

I am going to give it time, whichever Verizon gets and offers me a better deal on I will buy. I am going to make them basically give me a new phone because I am out of contract.

Iphone 5 will be a lot like the Bionic, however, more expensive with more expensive hardware.

I am going to give it time, whichever Verizon gets and offers me a better deal on I will buy. I am going to make them basically give me a new phone because I am out of contract.

I was going to try and hold out for the Iphone 5 thinking it would be out in June, but rumors are Iphone 5 will not be out until September

I love how loving the best makes you a fanboy.

Apple is the first major player (note I didn't say first company altogether) to make a full touchscreen phone for the mainstream. EVERY phone after that has been playing catch up (see: copying Apple). Apple comes out with the first mainstream tablet computer, and once again, followers trying to catch up. I love how people say the Xoom is better.... yeah, have fun with your 20 apps. Apple simply does it better. It's not being a fanboy to praise what is great.

I've posted this before but I have had well over 30 cellp hones. The iPhone is THE BEST. I've had the Droid X, The droid Incredible, the first Droid, I've had blackberrys, including the AWFUL blackberry strom (whoa, it clicks) and I actually owned the palm pre (that lasted 4 days).

The fact is it comes down to Apps. And I LOVE that apple must approve all apps. One of the biggest arguments FOR having a droid is the "open market". Exactly how many fart apps do you need? There's a reason every company you see advertising an app has it on the Apple App Store.

The fact that I have the iPhone on Verizon makes it just so much better.

But keep on hating.

Apple is the first major player (note I didn't say first company altogether) to make a full touchscreen phone for the mainstream. EVERY phone after that has been playing catch up (see: copying Apple). Apple comes out with the first mainstream tablet computer, and once again, followers trying to catch up. I love how people say the Xoom is better.... yeah, have fun with your 20 apps. Apple simply does it better. It's not being a fanboy to praise what is great.

I've posted this before but I have had well over 30 cellp hones. The iPhone is THE BEST. I've had the Droid X, The droid Incredible, the first Droid, I've had blackberrys, including the AWFUL blackberry strom (whoa, it clicks) and I actually owned the palm pre (that lasted 4 days).

The fact is it comes down to Apps. And I LOVE that apple must approve all apps. One of the biggest arguments FOR having a droid is the "open market". Exactly how many fart apps do you need? There's a reason every company you see advertising an app has it on the Apple App Store.

But keep on hating.

nice info. thanks.

But keep on hating.

Hey Fanboy thanks for all that useless knowledge!

I've had the Thunderbolt since launch and it has been great. If I were you I would only look at the iPhone 5 if it is equipped to run on the LTE network.

It comes down to preference, some people want the ease of the dumb smart phone and others want to have a true smart phone.

But keep on hating.

I held on to my antiquated phone for a long time, but finally took the dive into smart phones last Fall. I did a bunch of research and listened to all that the sales people had to tell me, and I went with the iPhone4. I don't have as much experience with other smart phones as Stojan and a lot of others on here, but I would not trade this phone for anything. Just the retina screen alone is enough to keep me where I am...I did not see anywhere near as nice of a display on any other phone I looked at. This is my fourth Apple product and I have yet to have a single problem with any of them.

PS. I have three fart apps.

I held on to my antiquated phone for a long time, but finally took the dive into smart phones last Fall. I did a bunch of research and listened to all that the sales people had to tell me, and I went with the iPhone4. I don't have as much experience with other smart phones as Stojan and a lot of others on here, but I would not trade this phone for anything. Just the retina screen alone is enough to keep me where I am...I did not see anywhere near as nice of a display on any other phone I looked at. This is my fourth Apple product and I have yet to have a single problem with any of them.

PS. I have three fart apps.

Who needs fart apps when you have me!!! :w00t:

I'm in the lookout for a new phone too. I will be watching this thread with interest. :thumbsup:

Hey Fanboy thanks for all that useless knowledge!

I've had the Thunderbolt since launch and it has been great. If I were you I would only look at the iPhone 5 if it is equipped to run on the LTE network.

It comes down to preference, some people want the ease of the dumb smart phone and others want to have a true smart phone.

Serious question: What can your phone do that my iPhone4 cant?

I use my for both work and personal use, so since I've had other "TRUE" smartphones, I'm interested what I'm missing out on. And where were these "TRUE" smartphones, like the Thunderbolt, before the iPhone? I guess HTC was just waiting to surprise us all.

But keep on hating.

Stoj, apply for a job a CNet.com doing phone reviews.

Stoj, apply for a job a CNet.com doing phone reviews.

:) I assume this is referring to CNETs absolutely infatuation with everything Apple. I used to use CNET for all my tech reviews, but they have become so biased towards apple it's nearly unreadable.

I like engadget, Techcrunch, and Gizmodo much better.

Serious question: What can your phone do that my iPhone4 cant?

I use my for both work and personal use, so since I've had other "TRUE" smartphones, I'm interested what I'm missing out on. And where were these "TRUE" smartphones, like the Thunderbolt, before the iPhone? I guess HTC was just waiting to surprise us all.

Play flash, open source operating system,768 ram, upgradeable onboard memory, and I can change my own battery. Also it can run on Verizons true 4g network, I understand that this isn't a selling point to anyone in a non 4g area but I am in one so it makes a difference.

Apple was the first but they are no longer the best. I remember when iPhone users couldn't get pictures over text message, my feature phone was doing it before the iPhone.

The iPhone 5 is rumored to be developing a dual prossessor unit since the Bionic unveiled that it will have one. I read somewhere that HTC is trying to develop an open HTML full supported browser by Fall for a holiday launch.

The way I have been watching things it seems like it is time for one of those balloons to burst that have a lot of technology just drops... I do wonder, though, will the phone be able to keep up with the dual chips? Could the phone be too fast and not enough applications/uses be found to capitalize on it?

I am looking to get the iPhone5 or Bionic this summer. I have kept my Curve 8330 and will use it until them.

The iPhone 5 is rumored to be developing a dual prossessor unit since the Bionic unveiled that it will have one. I read somewhere that HTC is trying to develop an open HTML full supported browser by Fall for a holiday launch.

The way I have been watching things it seems like it is time for one of those balloons to burst that have a lot of technology just drops... I do wonder, though, will the phone be able to keep up with the dual chips? Could the phone be too fast and not enough applications/uses be found to capitalize on it?

I am looking to get the iPhone5 or Bionic this summer. I have kept my Curve 8330 and will use it until them.

The Bionic looks great, I have another upgrade in July so I may pick one up if it isn't locked down too bad, I like the freedom of HTC. I had a Droid X from August-March it was a great phone but the I wanted to get in on the unlimited 4g before it goes to tiered, which is rumored to be whenever the iPhone 5 comes out.

But keep on hating.

This post is awesome. You complain about people calling you a fanboy, then act exactly like a fanboy! :lol:

There are many positives to the iPhone, but you've chosen to take its weak points and portray them as a strength. Then, you proceed to make ridiculous untrue statements about the competition. If that's not fanboyism, I'm not sure what is.

Edited by BlueFire

All depends what you want out of your phone. I like my Android Vibrant because it does the things I want it to do with some extra hardware perks others don't have.

Hardware.

-Removable battery. Very important, to me anyway, if your out away from a charger. Takes two seconds to change out the battery. Very convenient. I see other people that have to drag chargers around if they are out for any length of time

-Sim Card. Nice to have if your going to watch movies, shows or have lots of music. Other phones don't have this either

-Great HD Amoeled screen.

Software

-Fully customizable. It's like having a new phone every week if you wanted. If you choose to root your phone(which now is very easy) you can install any number of roms that can really enhance your phone.

-Sync with Google apps

-Sync's with my Ford Sync's blue tooth flawlessly

-Swype is a life changer for texting!

These are just a few things that are important to me that may not be as important to you. What I don't like about most Android phones is the layers of software that the carriers put on top of Android. In the case of my phone, the Vibrant, it slowed it down and generally messed things up. It wasn't until I rooted and installed a custom rom did the phone truly realize its potential. Faster. Almost doubled the battery life and so on. My next Android phone will be something like the Nexus S that has pure Android and no software on top.

On a side note, my son had Windows Phone 7 HD7 I believe? I really like that phone as well. Almost like the Android Evo but with Zune like software. That phone is closer to the Apple though as the software is more closed and not customizable.

Edited by Dante

The biggest downside to the iphone is AT&T limiting the data plan. Otherwise it's a great phone.

The whole feel of the interface is more crisp and agile than it's competitors. Some may disagree, but I shopped around, and it's really not even close. The ability to talk and access the web simultaneously is huge. And most importantly, it's NOT GOOGLE BASED.