best late round/undrafted QB prospect

Dexter

I'd have to go with Ben Chappell of Indiana. Three plus year Big 10 starter who can make all the throws. Needs to fine tune his motion, and re-build his body which got beat up badly last year after Saffold went to the NFL. Ben is quite developed as a QB, reading NFL style defenses, making good decisions. Indiana would have won more big games if Indiana's defense wasn't the worst BCS defense I've ever seen. That was not Ben's fault. There were also some shocking drops by IU receivers that cost Ben some big time comeback wins. The last two losses to Iowa especially...

And my dog ate my homework....

We don't need excuses; we do need focused, proven, coachable young men keenly interested in building a team from the ground up at every position.

That Indiana had a terrible defense and lost close games to Big 10 powerhouses, at least once on an endzone drop on a Chappell throw that hit the WR in the numbers, that somehow makes Ben Chappell "unfocused, unproven, and uncoachable, and not interested in building a team...???"

Do you think there are 100% perfect prospects every round in the Draft?

Perhaps your signature should be

"My Bills Draft

1. Cam Newton

2. Nick Fairly

3. Patrick Peterson

4. Tyron Smith

5. AJ Green

6. Gabe Carimi

7. Phil Taylor

7 -comp. DeQuan Bowers"

If we don't take a QB early I wouldn't mind the Bills drafting Tyrod Taylor 5 or later.

for what position? Wildcat QB? RB? S?

Tyrod is an impressive athlete, but he is not an NFL QB.

Kaepernick is the best late-round guy out there.

"late round" = ?????

Colin likely goes round 2...

Colin and Ben Chappell each has an NFL arm. Each has a windup that needs to be "corrected." Ben played in the Big 10. Colin played against Idaho and New Mexico State and lots of other teams, well, including Boise... However, both used that "pistol" formation. Ben is likely more ready to start than Colin. Colin is clearly more mobile.

If the price is Colin for the Bills' Second Rounder, or Ben Chappell with the 7th Rounder, I'll take Chappell. That's not a tough question.

Nathan Enderle, no doubt about it.

What was it, five first half picks vs. Nebraska??

I don't even see the point in drafting a late round project QB again.

Excellent point, why should we have any interest in some one year Michigan starter in Round 6...

Mr. Belichick, are you listening to me???

If we don't take a QB early I wouldn't mind the Bills drafting Tyrod Taylor 5 or later.

I'd say 6th or later but I like this pick, chances are about 100000 to 1 of his ever being a starter but he is a guy who could come in if your starter got hurt and Flutie his way to a to a couple of victories.

I don't even see the point in drafting a late round project QB again.

After 34, don't touch a qb. The success rate even for picks in the 3rd is nearly zerothis decade. If you take 4th and on it's Tom brady and????? out of how many?

Some gurus are pondering that Christian will go round 1 late, or early round 2...

After 34, don't touch a qb. The success rate even for picks in the 3rd is nearly zerothis decade. If you take 4th and on it's Tom brady and????? out of how many?

Kurt Warner - undrafted

"Pro Bowl" QB Matt Cassell - very late draft pick

Tony Romo - undrafted

Matt Hasselbeck - very late draft pick

It is worth it to take a stab late every year (that you don't spend a really high First on a QB). Levi Brown gets to show if he "developed" over the year. A new kid gets a year behind him...

How about a different Big Ten QB - Ricky Stanzi. He has the size 6'4" 225lbs. I believe he is a four year starter although he didn't start immediately his Freshman year. He has a quick release. He is not particularly fast. He has missed time due to injury. He has played in a bunch of big games, great Orange Bowl game against Georgi Tech(I believe coached by Chan) and was up for a number QB awards. He had a bad senior bowl week and accuracy issues at the combine. His Pro day was apparently much better.

Some gurus are pondering that Christian will go round 1 late, or early round 2...

Hmm. I had seen him listed as a 3rd not too long ago.... Seems like any concern about his elbow injury later in the year is gone now.

I wouldn't be angry if we spent the #2 on him and let him learn from Fitzy for a year or two. Speaks well of his ability to get a playbook that he graduated in finance in 2 1/2 years.

Ponder is probably the safest bet of any of the QBs this year.

Edited by UConn James

Ponder has some admirable qualities, including being that rare individual known as the "smart CrimiNole." He was, however, somewhat injury prone. Doesn't have great arm strength either. And, drumroll, comes from deep south... didn't play much cold weather, maybe at BC once or twice. It would be worth it to watch him play in his coldest game, and make sure he looked OK.

Stanzi is someone I call a teaser. You watch him for a series or two and think, wow, this kid has it. And then zing, the next pass hits a defender between the numbers. Like Chad Henne, I'm not sure Stanzi ever got better. Likely doesn't fall past Friday either...

If we're talking late round prospects I'm going with T.J. Yates from UNC. He had some really good games that I watched this past season. He's pretty accurate with the deep passes and seemed to make good decisions on the field. He was alright in the pocket, but got a little shaky against the better defenses at times. The game against VT was pretty ugly. He's not going to outrun anyone, but he does seem like a guy that Chan may be able to work with.

Scott Tolzien.

He completed 81% of his passes against blitzes this year. If we don't fix the RT position, he'd be a good bet! He won the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award in 2010 for Wisconsin (best Senior QB including Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, and Christian Ponder), led the nation in completion percentage (74.3). And Wisconsin got back to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 11 years.

That Indiana had a terrible defense and lost close games to Big 10 powerhouses, at least once on an endzone drop on a Chappell throw that hit the WR in the numbers, that somehow makes Ben Chappell "unfocused, unproven, and uncoachable, and not interested in building a team...???"

Do you think there are 100% perfect prospects every round in the Draft?

Perhaps your signature should be

"My Bills Draft

1. Cam Newton

2. Nick Fairly

3. Patrick Peterson

4. Tyron Smith

5. AJ Green

6. Gabe Carimi

7. Phil Taylor

7 -comp. DeQuan Bowers"

We have 2 fourth round picks. Please complete draft. Favorite mock so far.

+1

A lot of people on this board hate him for some reason, but he will be on the board in the 7th maybe even UDFA amd is as much of an athlete for chan to coach up as half the WBA folks want to pick in the 2nd and 3rd