best late round/undrafted QB prospect

Dexter

I'd say in order of my choices:

Kaepernick

Ponder/Locker

those are the only 3 that I even consider after the 34th pick. If you can't get one you like in round 1 or 2 and these guys are there in the 3rd you take a shot. After that it's a wasted pick. I'd rather take a stab at LB, CB, OT, TE in that order.

Scott Tolzien.

He completed 81% of his passes against blitzes this year. If we don't fix the RT position, he'd be a good bet! He won the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award in 2010 for Wisconsin (best Senior QB including Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, and Christian Ponder), led the nation in completion percentage (74.3). And Wisconsin got back to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 11 years.

and got a truly excellent Wonderlic score, close to Ivy League....

I'm not sure what he has that Fitz doesn't. But if you wanted another guy like Fitz, Scott is it.

If we're talking late round prospects I'm going with T.J. Yates from UNC. He had some really good games that I watched this past season. He's pretty accurate with the deep passes and seemed to make good decisions on the field. He was alright in the pocket, but got a little shaky against the better defenses at times. The game against VT was pretty ugly. He's not going to outrun anyone, but he does seem like a guy that Chan may be able to work with.

I would classify him like Stanzi, a "teaser." Watch 2 series and wow. Then the third series goes somewhat differently. Also somewhat unproven in cold weather.

Ricky Stanzi

"A three-year starter at Iowa, Stanzi is coming off a senior season where he went 221-for-345 for 3,004 yards, 25 touchdowns and just six interceptions. At the Hawkeyes’ recent Pro Day, Stanzi ran 4.93 twice in the 40, had a 34-inch vertical, a 9-foot-7 broad jump, and ran 4.56 and 7.23 in the short shuttle and 3-cone drill, respectively, to go with 16 bench-press reps. In addition, he reportedly scored a 30 on the Wonderlic."

Updates on the Patriots and their work with prospects Kenrick Ellis, Ricky Stanzi and Tim Barnes

Kaepernick is the best late-round guy out there.

There's a chance he goes in round 2-3, not really late round

I'd say in order of my choices:

Kaepernick

Ponder/Locker

those are the only 3 that I even consider after the 34th pick. If you can't get one you like in round 1 or 2 and these guys are there in the 3rd you take a shot. After that it's a wasted pick. I'd rather take a stab at LB, CB, OT, TE in that order.

I agree, but I throw Dalton in the mix. I wouldn't be upset if we took the kid out of Delaware in the 6-7th either

Scott Tolzien.

He completed 81% of his passes against blitzes this year. If we don't fix the RT position, he'd be a good bet! He won the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award in 2010 for Wisconsin (best Senior QB including Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, and Christian Ponder), led the nation in completion percentage (74.3). And Wisconsin got back to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 11 years.

There were talking about him today on Sirius, and then comparing some of the late rounds to who could be the next Tom Brady. According to Gil Brandt the depth at QB this year is good but there is not a clear cut top QB or even 3 guys that pull away from the pack. They mentioned him, Stanzi and Enderle as being guys who could end up starting one day in the NFL. There may have been someone else but I do not remember.

Craig Krenzel started in the NFL "some day," went "3-0" for a while with a 20 something QB rating...

Just "starting" proves nothing.

I am amazed that anyone like Brant is still hyping Enderle...

Enderle, arguably, played on the worst team of any draftable QB, and still showed the ability to be in the conversation as a mid-late rd QB.

Also, In terms of the Neb. game he did better than Locker, If I recall, at least Enderle completed more than 5 passes.

We already have Levi Brown. Why do we need ANOTHER late round/undrafted QB? :thumbdown:

Levi was not ready to start last year. With a year in the system he is ready for his chance this year should the situation call for it.

The point about another late rounder is, IF the Bills don't take a QB at 3, that another one gets in the system for a shot in 2012.

What was Fitz, a seventh????

Enderle, arguably, played on the worst team of any draftable QB, and still showed the ability to be in the conversation as a mid-late rd QB.

Also, In terms of the Neb. game he did better than Locker, If I recall, at least Enderle completed more than 5 passes.

Locker would grade higher as a draft pick as a LB, not a QB...

Tolzien or Dalton.

Dalton is a true QB. Not the greatest athlete. He's no Newton.

I like Dalton's TD/INT ratio (71 versus 30) and his completion rate.

Completed 49/52 at the Combine.

Edited by dpberr