Gailey is on to Lee Evans

Peter

Gailey is on to Lee Evans judging by his comments in the Buffalo News today.

Gailey: Evans needs to run better routes and underneath routes

It looks like we might finally see whether Lee Evans can be a complete receiver.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/3/23/2067266/lee-evans-chan-gailey-buffalo-bills

According to Allen Wilson of The Buffalo News, Gailey came right out and said that Evans needs to become more consistent as a route-runner. That's rather harsh commentary for a receiver entering his eighth professional season. Gailey is also concerned about broadening Evans' horizons within his offense.

"He's been more of a deep threat," Gailey said Tuesday. "I've got to get him to do a better job of becoming an underneath threat. I've got to do a better job of that."

So, what's the excuse for Evans now? The Head Coach is now calling him out!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you high? I just said that he is better than Trent. But that doesnt make him good enough just because he is better than a QB (Trent) who is probably one of the 10 worst QB's in the NFL.

And you want to talk about foolish...LMAO...you have chosen to ignore all facts and are yet to add anything of value, successfully provide any logical or relevant counter points to anything other than to name call, and have made hilarious responses like this one that make no sense in regards to the post you are replying to.

"first I, as well as anyone who doubted Trent, was flamed for pointing out everything wrong with Trent when everyone insisted on how great he was doing just because he wasnt JP. Now, everyone is making the same excuses for Fitz and over exaggerating his season just because he isnt Trent."

Hey, you made the comparison of Fitzpatrick supporters being just like the Trent supporters. Sorry, but that was a embarrassingly stupid comment on your part.

Fitzpatrick threw 23 TDs in 13 games last year. (5.9 TD%)

Edward's best year was when he threw 11 TDs in 14 games. (2.9 TD%)

Like I said, your views of Fitzpatrick are and continue to be warped.

"first I, as well as anyone who doubted Trent, was flamed for pointing out everything wrong with Trent when everyone insisted on how great he was doing just because he wasnt JP. Now, everyone is making the same excuses for Fitz and over exaggerating his season just because he isnt Trent."

Hey, you made the comparison of Fitzpatrick supporters being just like the Trent supporters. Sorry, but that was a embarrassingly stupid comment on your part.

Fitzpatrick threw 23 TDs in 13 games last year. (5.9 TD%)

Edward's best year was when he threw 11 TDs in 14 games. (2.9 TD%)

Like I said, your views of Fitzpatrick are and continue to be warped.

Seriously, how do you write this stuff with a straight face? I did not "compare" Trent and Fitz...I compared the people on this boards reactions in the same situation. You just want this to mean something else because you literally have nothing factual to say what so ever to actually address any points being presented to you.

In terms a 5 year old can understand so you finally get it: Fitz > Trent...but that doesnt automatically equate to Fitz being the answer since just about every QB in the NFL is better than Trent.

Multiple times you have foolishly tried to twist something to look like I said something outlandish so you can focus on that, therfore avoiding all the factual stuff you cant find a way to dispute because you have ZERO to add to this other than "23 TD's" while ignoring every other thing presented to you.

I mean you dont have to agree, but the lame games of trying to twist statements so you can attack them in order to avoid all logical points you apparently have no defense for is stupid. So we will just agree to disagree on the quality of Fitz's season...

Edited by Alphadawg7

Seriously, how do you write this stuff with a straight face? I did not "compare" Trent and Fitz...I compared the people on this boards reactions in the same situation. You just want this to mean something else because you literally have nothing factual to say what so ever to actually address any points being presented to you.

In terms a 5 year old can understand so you finally get it: Fitz > Trent...but that doesnt automatically equate to Fitz being the answer since just about every QB in the NFL is better than Trent.

Multiple times you have foolishly tried to twist something to look like I said something outlandish so you can focus on that, therfore avoiding all the factual stuff you cant find a way to dispute because you have ZERO to add to this other than "23 TD's" while ignoring every other thing presented to you.

I mean you dont have to agree, but the lame games of trying to twist statements so you can attack them in order to avoid all logical points you apparently have no defense for is stupid. So we will just agree to disagree on the quality of Fitz's season...

Here's exactly what I said….

"Hey, you made the comparison of Fitzpatrick supporters being just like the Trent supporters"

Now, while saying you didn't specifically compare Fitzpatrick and Edwards is true, you did compare the two in the most passive aggressive way possible by mocking those who support Fitzpatrick as the same as those who supported Edwards.

C'mon now, it's not cute or clever in any way. Fitzpatrick is a REAL starting QB for the next 5 or 6 years in the NFL. Don't believe me? Watch and see his career unfold. A smart, tough and talented 28 year old QB like Fitzpatrick who's finally mastered the NFL learning curve will not all of a sudden regress in his game.

Is Fitzpatrick the answer for our team sitting at #3 with the possibility to take a gamble on an elite talent like Newton? Even me, being a Fitzpatrick fan, can't even say that for sure. What I do think is that there's still the real possibility out there that he can become somewhere in between a Drew Brees and an Eli Manning and we'll no doubt get our answer in 2011 whether or not they do take Newton. Because he'll be our starting QB next year no matter what.

C'mon now, it's not cute or clever in any way. Fitzpatrick is a REAL starting QB for the next 5 or 6 years in the NFL. Don't believe me? Watch and see his career unfold. A smart, tough and talented 28 year old QB like Fitzpatrick who's finally mastered the NFL learning curve will not all of a sudden regress in his game.

Is Fitzpatrick the answer for our team sitting at #3 with the possibility to take a gamble on an elite talent like Newton? Even me, being a Fitzpatrick fan, can't even say that for sure. What I do think is that there's still the real possibility out there that he can become somewhere in between a Drew Brees and an Eli Manning and we'll no doubt get our answer in 2011 whether or not they do take Newton. Because he'll be our starting QB next year no matter what.

Well maybe you should talk to the coaches, becuase they and the FO dont seem to agree with your proclamations about Fitz. They have said on numerous occassions they need to find a 10 year franchise guy because Fitz is getting up there in age...but you just said it yourself, he is ONLY 28...I even started a thread on this very thing. Clearly he is young enough to build a team around IF they believed him to be they guy to build around.

But they clearly don't see him as you put it "a REAL starting QB for the next 5 to 6 years in the NFL" as teams dont go around trying replace "REAL starting QB's" who are JUST 28 years old if they are good enough to rebuild a franchise around, especially on a team so devoid of talent. But, I guess thats to be expected from some who arrogantly proclaimed with the absolute statement "there are no Bradys" in this draft...aka, no franchise QB's in this draft...before they have ever set foot on the field. The funniest part about that ridiculously stupid proclamation (as another poster already pointed out) is the stupid choice of saying "no Bradys" when Brady was a late round draft pick and was no where near seen as a future franchise QB or HOF...in other words, like the other poster said, Brady wasnt even a "Brady" in his draft.

I have lost count on how many times you have inserted your foot in your mouth now...time to move on.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Well maybe you should talk to the coaches, becuase they and the FO dont seem to agree with your proclamations about Fitz. They have said on numerous occassions they need to find a 10 year franchise guy because Fitz is getting up there in age...but you just said it yourself, he is ONLY 28...I even started a thread on this very thing. Clearly he is young enough to build a team around IF they believed him to be they guy to build around.

But they clearly don't see him as you put it "a REAL starting QB for the next 5 to 6 years in the NFL" as teams dont go around trying replace "REAL starting QB's" who are JUST 28 years old if they are good enough to rebuild a franchise around, especially on a team so devoid of talent. But, I guess thats to be expected from some who arrogantly proclaimed with the absolute statement "there are no Bradys" in this draft...aka, no franchise QB's in this draft...before they have ever set foot on the field. The funniest part about that ridiculously stupid proclamation (as another poster already pointed out) is the stupid choice of saying "no Bradys" when Brady was a late round draft pick and was no where near seen as a future franchise QB or HOF...in other words, like the other poster said, Brady wasnt even a "Brady" in his draft.

I have lost count on how many times you have inserted your foot in your mouth now...time to move on.

You mean the same coaches that trotted out Trent Edwards this season???? Those coaches????...LOL

He proved Gailey as foolish once, and he can certainly do it again.

I seriously LOVE how Gailey hands out criticism liberally amongst each and every player when deserved. He doesn't hold back and is a no non sense coach that demands attention to detail. And if not you are pretty much of the team if you don't make the cut. Instead of all of these false hopes and dreams like Maybin and Whitner. Love him. Night and day from Jauron, and yeah, I know a lot of you feel the same way and probably think my words are obvious and do not need mentioning. But you wouldn't BELIEVE how many of my dumb friends I still have in Buffalo (moved) that think Gailey and Nix are just a bunch of dumb hicks that don't know what they are doing and that think they are just going to get fired in 2-3 years with out making the play offs. I'm sick of it. I am over joyed with Gailey and Nix. Really couldn't be happier.

But on to Evans. You are right. Gailey is on to him. Evans is a 1 trick pony. Run really fast and get by the defender and hope Fitz can get you the ball. THAT'S IT!!! I would like to see him gone for a 3rd to tell you the truth. Of course I would want something higher in value, but let's be realistic here.

pretty ironic that Gailey is complaining about how his players continue to underperform after a year of bad coaching - when he is the one responsible.

I wasn't thrilled with the Nix/Gailey at first, but I have really come to like Gailey a lot, for the reasons you mention. However, it remains to be seen if the Bills are "finally getting it right", or if there is going to be more of the same. They didn't improve in the win column, which is the utltimate way they will, and should, be judged. I think they are on to something, but the Bills haven't earned completely earned my trust yet...for me, the jury is still very much out on Nix as GM. He says lots of funny things and all, but lets see some results.

Regardless of how savvy Gailey is, if whoever is in charge of the draft & trades keeps stepping on the rake, Gailey will still be trying to build a Ferrari with mostly Kia parts.

And that would be a damn shame.

pretty ironic that Gailey is complaining about how his players continue to underperform after a year of bad coaching - when he is the one responsible.

Yeah, sort of like a NASCAR crew chief being responsible for a bad tire.

I can't think of a line of work where calling an employee out publicly is a good thing.

I think Gailey is smart enough to not do something for a fan base that has equated Edwards to Brady and "Mini me" Perish to Welker.

He's a solid citizen type like Patrick Peterson and Von Miller. I don't think it's crazy to think that the Bills would take a great player who has zero character concerns at #3.

If Peterson is off the board and the Bills are hell bent on having zero character issues, then Miller and Green are in the conversation at #3.

This is Truth, I tell you. If we are looking for the low risk, zero character issue player, you nailed all three:

1. Von Miller

2. Peterson

3. AJ Green

I'll go one step further and wonder if they tap character in RD2 as well: Mark Herzlich OLB43 or Kelvin Sheppard ILB.

This is Truth, I tell you. If we are looking for the low risk, zero character issue player, you nailed all three:

1. Von Miller

2. Peterson

3. AJ Green

I'll go one step further and wonder if they tap character in RD2 as well: Mark Herzlich OLB43 or Kelvin Sheppard ILB.

Is Herzlich really rated that highly?

I love the guy but I didn't think he was rated as a 2nd rounder.

Is Herzlich really rated that highly?

I love the guy but I didn't think he was rated as a 2nd rounder.

Castonzo-Herzlich Connection This story is a heartwarming connection between Castonzo and Herzlich you have to read. Herlich was the winner of the Disney Spirit Award and some ESPN Award for his fight against bone cancer. I wouldn't mind if they were a trade-down story on Draft Day. We have Herzlich at #102, so, he's more likely a late RD2 or RD3 (DraftTek has him #84 to TB in RD3). But you won't find a better guy in the draft.

I can't think of a line of work where calling an employee out publicly is a good thing.

There's a lot of things done in the sporting world not done in other lines of work. For instance where else can employees ask to see the owners books to prove a raise isn't warranted?

There's a lot of things done in the sporting world not done in other lines of work. For instance where else can employees ask to see the owners books to prove a raise isn't warranted?

Calling out a teammate or coach publicly doesn't solve a problem, but it gives the opportuity to create a new one.

Just the way team dynamics works.

Calling out a teammate or coach publicly doesn't solve a problem, but it gives the opportuity to create a new one.

Just the way team dynamics works.

Maybe he challenged him privately last season and is now trying a different approach?