STEVIE MOTHERF^&*$@#G JOHNSON

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going out a limb here but I'm predicting the average age of people hating on this is 40+. God forbid we have a player with a personality on this team.

When I met Steve Johnson in training camp his rookie year with his colored dreds, I thought he was a really down to earth guy. Now, the more I see of him and the jerk wad thugs that he assocates himself with, he is destined eventually for some sort of suspension after several fines. It is a shame, he has a load of talent and potential, but he isn't yet as good as he thinks he is. He needs to dip his hands in some glue so he doesn't drop as many passes (he led the AFC tied with Brandon Marshall and one or two others), but his head is getting so big, they might not be able to find a helmet big enough for him. He had one exceptionally great game against the Bengals and his head got so big doing talk shows, interviews, etc., that he forgot how to catch the ball the following week against the Steelers which costs his teammates and the fans a victory. As far as that video, you would have to be at least a few weeks past your own funeral to be able to sit through the whole thing.

Just go away. You add nothing.

According to the video, it's his cousin that's doing the rapping. So, he appears in a video with family and that makes him a gangster or something? And as far as rap video's go, that was pretty clean. No drugs or alcohol seen in the video. And they were in a parking lot or something, not in a night club or at a party. Plus SJ was only in a few shots, so probably didn't even put much time into the making of it.

And as far as the drop, it was probably the best thing that could have happened to the Bills. They would have dropped several draft picks if not for the drop. Plus, maybe SJ's head was getting a little too big. A drop like that would humble anyone, so we'll see how he bounces back next season. And big big props for leading with the drop, most players would probably never want to see that again.

All I am saying is, let's just give the kid the benefit of the doubt here before we make character judgements.

I agree but first things first --- Awesome avatar.

Next --- So Stevie gets credit for: (1) no drugs in the video; (2) parking lot not a night club; (3) dropping a TD pass so that we lose the game and get a better draft pick; and (4) learning humility as a third year professional. So that is where the chinning bar is for today’s athletes? OK.

I see a lot of debates on these boards where the older guys (like me) get dissed for voicing opinions about today’s player and I don’t want to go there.

I like Stevie but the video, not so much. That said I am not a real big fan of rap either but I do have two sons in college and they have turned me on to some rap that I like. It is not all bad IMO.

Cmon guys, how can you be so bitter as a fan that youd want to hate on this?!? When is the last time a player embraced the team this way, or to this extent??

JP Losman.

You asked.

That theory is pretty moronic, in that dropping a game winning catch when the team is on some sort of a winning streak after starting 0-8, is a good thing? That catch would have kept building on the momentum and confidence this young team has, and after that drop (easily the worst drop in the NFL this past season), pretty much all of the momentum they were building disappeared. So if that is the best thing, then I guess when he caught those touchdowns and they came back against the Bengals-that was the worst thing that happened to them. Or was it beating the Lions, or the Dolphins? I guess the missed field goal against the Chiefs and the overtime fumble against the Ravens would have to be right up there in your season highlights too? At any level from Pee Wees to the NFL, dropping a game winning touchdown can never be a good thing, no matter what. I can say one thing I like about your post though-your avatar is pretty smoking.

Don't be such a negative nancy. If you take a deep breath there were positives that can be drawn from the drop, just like any seemingly negative situation. While the drop cost the game, the team learned they can hang with one of the best. As he was saying, Stevie's head was getting a bit big.. If you remember the week leading up to the drop he was on pretty much every sports talk show. I would rather Stevie take his humble lumps on a crapped out season than when it really matters. It also improved our draft stock, but I listed that last for a reason.

That theory is pretty moronic, in that dropping a game winning catch when the team is on some sort of a winning streak after starting 0-8, is a good thing? That catch would have kept building on the momentum and confidence this young team has, and after that drop (easily the worst drop in the NFL this past season), pretty much all of the momentum they were building disappeared. So if that is the best thing, then I guess when he caught those touchdowns and they came back against the Bengals-that was the worst thing that happened to them. Or was it beating the Lions, or the Dolphins? I guess the missed field goal against the Chiefs and the overtime fumble against the Ravens would have to be right up there in your season highlights too? At any level from Pee Wees to the NFL, dropping a game winning touchdown can never be a good thing, no matter what. I can say one thing I like about your post though-your avatar is pretty smoking.

Talk about a wet blanket...

Next --- So Stevie gets credit for: (1) no drugs in the video; (2) parking lot not a night club; (3) dropping a TD pass so that we lose the game and get a better draft pick; and (4) learning humility as a third year professional. So that is where the chinning bar is for today’s athletes? OK.

I an not giving him credit for anything, just saying I didn't think the video was that bad...

(1) no drugs in the video -- Have you seen some of the rap video's today?

(2) Parking lot, not a night club-- See #1

(3) Dropping a pass -- no credit there, it was a terrible drop. If anything I hope that it keeps him level and maybe his head was beginning to get a little big, so the drop brings him back down a couple notches. Terrible drop, but in the long run, it was good for the Bills draft position overall.

(4) Humililty? Probably the same answer as 3. The drop was terrible and I felt bad for him. But I think he handled it well and hope it drives him to become a better player. I think he knows he needs to improve and that drop could be the fuel to make him work harder heading into next season.

Just to clarify...I am an older guy, who doesn't like rap. But as far as SJ appearing in a video that was mild by todays standards, I just don't see the harm. The drop was horrible and I never said it was a good thing for him, although it may make him work harder. It did turn out to be a good thing the the Bills draft position. So I am not praising SJ for dropping the pass, I hope he never does it again, but overall it's better he dropped it. Winning a few meaningless games at the end of the season is the same as knowing you should have beaten at least 3 playoff teams, and that's all the momentum needed to carry into next season, with the benefit of a good draft pick...

Edited by ricojes