The good news about the lockout...

no i doubt the bills would remain with the 3rd pick, although it would be nice.

so hypothetically, the lock out lasts untill week 11. That only leaves 6 games on the schedule, division only, bills go 1-5, pick 1st. boom. i know rooting for losses is never good, and i have always been adimitly against it, even at our worst moments, for a draft pick. but any result in that year would be with an astrisk, so eff it, if there is ever a time to play for picks, it is a year that doesnt even count.

just a thought?

The league and the players are not going to miss out on their millions. Don't worry, there will be football this season. No way they miss out on a whole (or most of a) season.

That being said, the Bills are what they are. The odds are they would be picking in the top 5 next year either way.

Here is a happy thought! If the NFL were to miss an entire season (which I highly doubt), and the Bills were to pick 3rd, we would have a very, very good shot at Luck! It may well be that at least one or two other players creep ahead of Luck after an entire year of college football (or the two teams ahead of us might not be interested in QB as a top priority).

Here is a happy thought! If the NFL were to miss an entire season (which I highly doubt), and the Bills were to pick 3rd, we would have a very, very good shot at Luck! It may well be that at least one or two other players creep ahead of Luck after an entire year of college football (or the two teams ahead of us might not be interested in QB as a top priority).

Except that Ralph - who always makes the first pick in his draft - is intent on picking a QB this year.

Let's hope Nix and his compadres have more sway on Ralph's tendencies. Nix is an older gent, IMO he has nothing to lose by telling Ralph to back off with his preferences and to let the more knowledgeable peeps take a crack at finding a stud. Nix has balls, I don't see him backing down to Ralph. Nix is a gamer and wants to win. Whether he makes the most prudent pick or not, he will do his best to keep Ralphs mitts off the first pick. Or help sway Ralph into picking a guy Nix really wants. An older age makes a man either batten down the hatches and stand by his ideals or let's himself be swayed by others. I think Nix is the former. Batten down those hatches air tight Nix and take a shellackin and keep on tickin. But daminit make a good pick no matter what Ralph wants.

Edited by Pilsner

NHL did a weighted lottery that was based off of the previous 5 seasons. NFL would probably do something similar where you get a picked based off a weighted lottery based off the last 3 seasons

That's an interesting opinion. If a system like this is used the longer the time period the better the chances are for Buffalo.

But...there will be a 2011 NFL season IMO.

Let's hope Nix and his compadres have more sway on Ralph's tendencies. Nix is an older gent, IMO he has nothing to lose by telling Ralph to back off with his preferences and to let the more knowledgeable peeps take a crack at finding a stud. Nix has balls, I don't see him backing down to Ralph. Nix is a gamer and wants to win. Whether he makes the most prudent pick or not, he will do his best to keep Ralphs mitts off the first pick. Or help sway Ralph into picking a guy Nix really wants. An older age makes a man either batten down the hatches and stand by his ideals or let's himself be swayed by others. I think Nix is the former. Batten down those hatches air tight Nix and take a shellackin and keep on tickin. But daminit make a good pick no matter what Ralph wants.

I'm not convinced there is such a tug-of-war, but Ralph's list of replacement GMs of Football has no more names on it so Nix getting himself fired might not help things much.

NHL did a weighted lottery that was based off of the previous 5 seasons. NFL would probably do something similar where you get a picked based off a weighted lottery based off the last 3 seasons

Hopefully they do it by last 10 seasons! #1 pick babay!