Long shot scenario for Luck

Ok this is admittedly a stupid topic to bring up but we are facing an extremely boring offseason of no football and I have been thinking about what could be if a lockout actually happens. First off I would hate for there to be a lock out..and it probably is a long shot, but if there was to be one it might be what buffalo needed to rebuild. If there is no season, the draft order will be locked and the Bills will choose 3rd next year. Selecting so high wouldn't be bad for a team who has as many holes to fill as we do. If Carolina jumps on Gabbert or maybe the Newton hype, we would be the favorite in position for Luck.

Ok this is admittedly a stupid topic to bring up but we are facing an extremely boring offseason of no football and I have been thinking about what could be if a lockout actually happens. First off I would hate for there to be a lock out..and it probably is a long shot, but if there was to be one it might be what buffalo needed to rebuild. If there is no season, the draft order will be locked and the Bills will choose 3rd next year. Selecting so high wouldn't be bad for a team who has as many holes to fill as we do. If Carolina jumps on Gabbert or maybe the Newton hype, we would be the favorite in position for Luck.

we arent even in the this years draft and luck's name is still surfacing... i hope the kid decides not to play in the NFL so i dont have to hear about him anymore

Edited by brenty

By no means am I a QB evaluating guru, but seriously- all this talk about Luck is really getting to me. I can see if he declared this year why people would be so hot to get him.... But he didn't. For all we know he could end up having a year like Locker did.

It hasn't been established what the 2012 draft order would be in the event of no 2011 season. I highly doubt the draft order would be "locked." I suspect there would be a weighted lottery, similar to what the NHL had after their lost season.

we arent even in the this years draft and luck's name is still surfacing... i hope the kid decides not to play in the NFL so i dont have to hear about him anymore

Or you could stop opening threads with Luck in the title and then whining about them......

And given that Luck is going into this season as a red-shirt junior with still another 2 years of NCAA eligibility, what is to say he won't decide to remain at Stanford after this season and play out his senior year of eligibility while earning his Masters degree? Do you have a 'long shot scenario' for that contingency too, so we can draft him in 2013 if necessary?

What if he decides to defer his NFL dreams until he earns a PhD - you must have a plan for how can we still get him in 2015, yes? :rolleyes:

I'm all for getting Luck. He's the real deal and worth his weight in gold. I'd get him here, whatever the cost is...

I highly doubt this is how the NFL would decide to determine the draft order for 2012 if there is no 2011 season.

I REALLY HOPE WE GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO DRAFT LUCK

Well it's apparently quite simple, if you heed the...er...wisdom ( :rolleyes: ) of a few terribly confused (but well-intentioned, I'm sure) TBD members - all we need to do is deliberately lose every game.

Easy enough - and makes prefect sense, no?

Well it's apparently quite simple, if you heed the...er...wisdom ( :rolleyes: ) of a few terribly confused (but well-intentioned, I'm sure) TBD members - all we need to do is deliberately lose every game.

Easy enough - and makes prefect sense, no?

We are that good that we would have to deliberately lose games. :unsure:

And given that Luck is going into this season as a red-shirt junior with still another 2 years of NCAA eligibility, what is to say he won't decide to remain at Stanford after this season and play out his senior year of eligibility while earning his Masters degree? Do you have a 'long shot scenario' for that contingency too, so we can draft him in 2013 if necessary?

What if he decides to defer his NFL dreams until he earns a PhD - you must have a plan for how can we still get him in 2015, yes? :rolleyes:

A really long lockout?