Buffalo news

Check this out. buffalonews.com/sports/columns/larry-felser/article359483.ece

First of all, taking anyone in the draft is a big risk, QB, DT, WR, Punter...theres no gaurantees

As far as this: "The flaw I find most disturbing is that he has a poor work ethic. That is something not easily smoothed out of a player, especially of a headstrong quarterback, which Newton is. I think of Vince Young when I think of Newton. Young, late of the Tennessee Titans and the second pick in the draft when he came out of the University of Texas. Young is a great talent but virtually uncoachable. He's currently looking for a new team."

Who said he has poor worth ethic than buffalo news larry felser? From everything I have heard he is a motivated leader...around week 5 they did a bit on Cam Newton in Auburn on a college gameday show, and had the coaches and players talking about how since he stepped foot on campus he was the unquestioned leader, he was one of them, he was always doing football related things for Auburn...that doesnt sound like someone that has "poor work ethic" like this article is bashing him for...

And as far as Felser saying that mockdrafters and analystis get their information from inside sources, sure thats ones part of their information gathering, but they also use their brains and see what teams have actually said, what their needs are, what their own calls on players are to do mock drafts and such...

overall, I disagree about it being a "must read"

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/larry-felser/article359483.ece

Quarterbacks are the name of the game in football, now more than ever, but the desire to draft a franchise quarterback can lead to calamitous result. It happened to Arizona when it wasted a No. 1 on Matt Leinart, to Cleveland when it took a chance on Brady Quinn and Oakland when it rolled snake eyes on JaMarcus Russell.

Quite calamitous to Arizona, who reached the Super Bowl within 3 seasons.

If the Bills don't have a solid conviction on a quarterback in six weeks, maybe they should consider one of those pass rushers or someone who can stop enemy runners.

Seems pretty obvious, not sure what the point of the article was.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Um...

" If the Bills don't have a solid conviction on a quarterback in six weeks, maybe they should consider one of those pass rushers or someone who can stop enemy runners. "

...so Larry Felser opining that - ' unless the Bills are really sure about a player, maybe they should consider drafting a different player instead ' - is a " must read " ???

:unsure:

Edited by The Senator

First of all, taking anyone in the draft is a big risk, QB, DT, WR, Punter...theres no gaurantees

As far as this: "The flaw I find most disturbing is that he has a poor work ethic. That is something not easily smoothed out of a player, especially of a headstrong quarterback, which Newton is. I think of Vince Young when I think of Newton. Young, late of the Tennessee Titans and the second pick in the draft when he came out of the University of Texas. Young is a great talent but virtually uncoachable. He's currently looking for a new team."

Who said he has poor worth ethic than buffalo news larry felser? From everything I have heard he is a motivated leader...around week 5 they did a bit on Cam Newton in Auburn on a college gameday show, and had the coaches and players talking about how since he stepped foot on campus he was the unquestioned leader, he was one of them, he was always doing football related things for Auburn...that doesnt sound like someone that has "poor work ethic" like this article is bashing him for...

And as far as Felser saying that mockdrafters and analystis get their information from inside sources, sure thats ones part of their information gathering, but they also use their brains and see what teams have actually said, what their needs are, what their own calls on players are to do mock drafts and such...

gotta agree about your comment on Cam's work ethic

just typical of the crap put out by the alleged "journalists" about sports nowadays

no facts - just speculation of the author passed off as "journalism"

If Felser's going to go off on work ethic, you'd think he'd at least proofread his own article. Vince Young was not the 2nd pick in 2006; he was the third. Mario Williams, Reggie Bush, Vince Young. Also, the buzz on Newton has never been about a poor work ethic - Newton is a very hard worker. He's got plenty of other question marks, but that's really just not one of them. You read a lot of quotes like this:

"He was in the rain, throwing passes on the weekend when we were at the lake," Ziemba said. "He was dragging receivers out there with him. That kind of work ethic prepared our guys to follow him."

He might not be the guy - he's raw as a passer, he might not be able to adapt to the big leagues, etc. But let's not just make **** up about him.

I also heard his teammates said he was 1st on the practice field and the last one off.

I think it is a very tough proposition to say he is the next Vince Young. I am also very scared to say he is the next Tom Brady. We are in a tough spot with this pick if a QB is taken it either sets us back for many many years if it doesnt work or sets us up for many many years. What to do? My Gut says get the big uglies and work towards shoring up the interiors. We will find our QB. I kinda think we got em already. Queue the boos and rants but we wont do it with out the power of the BIGS!