I'm Gaining Interest in Blaine Gabbert

Lol, just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean they are "making stuff up". People are entitled to their opinion. Taking half a page to call others opinions "garbage" without refuting any of them makes you sound like a mad little kid.

IMO Blaine Gabbert may or may not be good in the NFL, but he hasn't shown enough production to be the #3 pick. It's great to be highly touted, and be "trained in a pro system"(despite not playing one in college). In a system that has made other "non-nfl" QB's look great, Gabbert did not. I watched several of his games, and the talk was often about how Gabbert was not living up to his high recruiting status. The Bill's have too many holes to take another underachiever.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean they are "making stuff up". People are entitled to their opinion. Taking half a page to call others opinions "garbage" without refuting any of them makes you sound like a mad little kid.

IMO Blaine Gabbert may or may not be good in the NFL, but he hasn't shown enough production to be the #3 pick. It's great to be highly touted, and be "trained in a pro system"(despite not playing one in college). In a system that has made other "non-nfl" QB's look great, Gabbert did not. I watched several of his games, and the talk was often about how Gabbert was not living up to his high recruiting status. The Bill's have too many holes to take another underachiever.

Exactly.

Most of those "garbage" comments I made came from my take on a beyond ridiculous article on Blaine Gabbert, that had all of the substance of cotton candy. But with all the merging of threads going on, there's probably a lot of people here that didn't even read it.

The funny thing is that whenever people sing his praises, they never seem to talk about his play on the field.

BTW, I can find ten links to articles that says he sucks under pressure. Apparently there's a lot of "garbage" floating around this guy of which the Bills should just ignore and pick him because he's got pretty Tom Brady hair.

Lol, just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean they are "making stuff up". People are entitled to their opinion.

He's not giving his opinion. He's taking other people's opinions, presenting them as his own and using them as an excuse to insult some poor kid that he knows absolutely nothing about. One of the first impressions every scout gets is Gabbert's ability to sense the rush, find open space and extend the play with his eyes downfield. Yet he's making crap up about how he's can't handle pressure. One of his greatest strengths is his work ethic and he's making crap up about he's a spoiled rotten puke.

If he wants to actually watch the kid play and then offer his opinion, good or bad, that's great. But he knows nothing about this kid on or off the field and he continues to rip him six ways from Sunday in a woefully unsuccessful attempt to make himself look knowledgeable.

Apparently there's a lot of "garbage" floating around this guy of which the Bills should just ignore and pick him because he's got pretty Tom Brady hair.

Bottom line:

He's a physically talented young fella who might or might not have the mental game to succeed at the next level. He seems like a very decent kid who takes some pride in his work ethic and commitment to the game. Some folks around here respect that out of a young man, yet your response to that respect is to repeatedly insult him and call him names.

And you've never even seen him play. :lol:

He's not giving his opinion. He's taking other people's opinions, presenting them as his own and using them as an excuse to insult some poor kid that he knows absolutely nothing about. One of the first impressions every scout gets is Gabbert's ability to sense the rush, find open space and extend the play with his eyes downfield. Yet he's making crap up about how he's can't handle pressure. One of his greatest strengths is his work ethic and he's making crap up about he's a spoiled rotten puke.

If he wants to actually watch the kid play and then offer his opinion, good or bad, that's great. But he knows nothing about this kid on or off the field and he continues to rip him six ways from Sunday in a woefully unsuccessful attempt to make himself look knowledgeable.

Bottom line:

He's a physically talented young fella who might or might not have the mental game to succeed at the next level. He seems like a very decent kid who takes some pride in his work ethic and commitment to the game. Some folks around here respect that out of a young man, yet your response to that respect is to repeatedly insult him and call him names.

I love Gabbert and want him at #3, but this is something I've heard in many publications. No biggie, like I've stated many times before, no prospect is perfect. All require a bit off habit-dropping and re-coaching.

I love Gabbert and want him at #3, but this is something I've heard in many publications. No biggie, like I've stated many times before, no prospect is perfect. All require a bit off habit-dropping and re-coaching.

Which is fine because a) you've actually watched him play and b) whether or not I agree with it you've presented it as a potential trouble spot that you've heard about and done so without running around and repeatedly calling the kid names and insulting him when you've never even watched him play.

Bottom line:

Oh please, 90% of the comments on this board regarding college players are coming from people who haven't watched them play. We're all going off stats, articles, blogs and youtube clips.

BTW, I have seen Newton play a few times and anybody who thinks Gabbert is a better QB than Newton should get their head examined based on "on the field" production alone. 16 TDs is a joke for a QB looking to be the #1 pick.

That Gabbert article was a 100% fluff piece. I call BS. If he "out works" everybody then why the heck was he ranked 64th in the country in QB rating!…LOL

Sorry if I upset you, but Gabbert's proclamation that he's outworking everybody is both arrogant and complete nonsense.

BTW, If you're officially calling out people who haven't watched the players they like or dislike, then plan on it becoming a full time job.

Read the comments from your own Missouri fans...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/33918/mailbag-questioning-blaine-gabbert

Someone's glad he left so Franklin can play!...LOL They also have no idea how Blaine has ascended so fast and think that Ryan Mallett is the better pro prospect.

So even Missouri fans divided on the ability of their own former QB that some are projecting as a #1 pick. That alone there scares the heck out of me.

One thing you cant argue are these facts listed below...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/605635-2011-nfl-draft-why-cam-newton-has-a-brighter-nfl-future-than-blaine-gabbert

Now I'm not officially a Newton for #3 guy, but I'd pick both Newton or Mallett before I'd pick Gabbert. He does have top ten hair though.

Newsflash, there are VERY few college football gurus here on this board. We're all going off of articles, youtube clips, blogs and message boards. Sorry, I see the Gabbert hype train start on this board and it doesn't quite match up with what I've been reading about him.

I think you misunderstood Mizzou fans like myself. We feel that James Franklin fits the mizzou offense better than Gabbert did. That has nothing to do with how he projects to the Pros. He just wasn't that great of a QB in Missouris offense.

Edited by Mr. Negative

Oh please, 90% of the comments on this board regarding college players are coming from people who haven't watched them play. We're all going off stats, articles, blogs and youtube clips.

BTW, I have seen Newton play a few times and anybody who thinks Gabbert is a better QB than Newton should get their head examined based on "on the field" production alone. 16 TDs is a joke for a QB looking to be the #1 pick.

That Gabbert article was a 100% fluff piece. I call BS. If he "out works" everybody then why the heck was he ranked 64th in the country in QB rating!…LOL

Sorry if I upset you, but Gabbert's proclamation that he's outworking everybody is both arrogant and complete nonsense.

BTW, If you're officially calling out people who haven't watched the players they like or dislike, then plan on it becoming a full time job.

Exactly why I ignore 90% of the posters - they don't actually watch and know what they comment about. Congratulations - you fall into the majority.

I wish the Bills weren't picking at 3. Too many good choices, too many needs, too few picks to fill them. And then there are the talented players who don't fill the Bills biggest needs, but who would be great additions. Anywhere but #3.

Blaine Gabbert's in that category, in my view.

Defense is our biggest need. And Dareus is an enticing pick. I like Cameron Jordan, too, but not that high. Ditto Quinn. But if not Dareus at #3 -- and if that's too high for Jordan or Quinn -- then what? Take a flyer on Newton?

I'd rather have Gabbert.

Did you read this month's Sporting News? He was originally a pro-style quarterback -- he only switched to the spread at Missouri. And he's worked with a quarterback coach who has helped groom Bradford, Stafford, and Matt Ryan, and that coach feels Gabbert is cut from the same cloth.

But again...is he worth it at #3? Are we patient enough to let him develop under Fitz? Or will he win the starting job? Are we willing to accept modest defensive upgrades in rounds 2-7, instead of a potential stud in round 1?

For once, that #9 overall pick we're used to from recent years sounds like the better position.

If they're taking a QB at #3 I'd rather it be Gabbert than Newton. To many risks involved with Newton. Forget the smile and "charm". I would rather have a pocket passer thats accurate.

BTW, I have seen Newton play a few times and anybody who thinks Gabbert is a better QB than Newton should get their head examined based on "on the field" production alone.

So now anybody who disagrees with "your" take on a player you've never even seen should have their heads examined.

You get funnier every minute.

Only the ones who are obnoxious and insulting about the opinions they've stolen from others......

Complete nonsense is correct, as this is just yet more crap that you've made up as an excuse to call some kid names that you know zero about.

He's said that in the past he's worked harder than most and in the future he'll outwork everybody.

But I can see where you'd use a solid work ethic as an excuse to insult a kid you've never even seen. :thumbsup:

So now anybody who disagrees with "your" take on a player you've never even seen should have their heads examined.

You get funnier every minute.

Only the ones who are obnoxious and insulting about the opinions they've stolen from others......

Complete nonsense is correct, as this is just yet more crap that you've made up as an excuse to call some kid names that you know zero about.

He's said that in the past he's worked harder than most and in the future he'll outwork everybody.

But I can see where you'd use a solid work ethic as an excuse to insult a kid you've never even seen. :thumbsup:

Tell us how you really feel.