What is your dream for OUR top 2 picks

I'll be happy with Dareus or Quinn at #3 b/c either would put much needed pressure on the QB as well as some increased mass to help recover from the little guy philosophy that has left us helpless to stop the run.

If we can also get Carimi in the second, we'll have taken huge steps at solidifying our lines, thus addressing our 2 biggest needs. Sadly, I don't hear a lot of chatter about addressing our painfully weak RT position early.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be happy with Dareus or Quinn at #3 b/c either would put much needed pressure on the QB as well as some increased mass to help recover from the little guy philosophy that has left us helpless to stop the run.

If we can also get Carimi in the second, we'll have taken huge steps at solidifying our lines, thus addressing our 2 biggest needs. Sadly, I don't hear a lot of chatter about addressing our painfully weak RT position early.

I also am hoping for DLine or maybe LB with the first pick. I really don't care which, I just want him to be a perennial all-pro or even better a hall-of-famer. I have NO idea what they're going to do with the second pick. I think that we desperately need a strong, thumping ILB but they're typically not drafted at the top of the second round.

With some great luck we'll pull a PATS* move and trade the top of the second round pick for a lower 2nd rounder and a first next year. That'd make me happy.

I'd be ok with this as it could enable our D to become dominant over the course of the next year or two. If we did this, how would you guys want to address RT?

Depends on who is still available in the 3rd. There might not be many OTs taken until the 2nd/3rd rounds so that is an option. Otherwise, its FA.

I'd be ok with this as it could enable our D to become dominant over the course of the next year or two. If we did this, how would you guys want to address RT?

Joseph Barksdale is a big OL who played RT for LSU. Last season he was forced to plat LT, but he's probably a RT in the NFL. Should be around in round 3. There is also a T prospect from Florida, who's name escapes me, that should be around in the middle rounds.

My favorite RT prospect in this draft is Gabe Carimi. #3 seems much too high for him, and there is no way he'd last until the 34th pick. His pass blocking is average, but his run blocking is tremendous, which Gailey would highly value on the right side. If the Bills trade down in the 1st round and pick up some additional picks, maybe Carimi becomes an option.

IMO, it makes more sense to spend our higher picks on the defensive side of the ball or QB, if they're sold on one. Gailey and Nix seem to have luck bringing in capable OL (Wrotto, Pears, Kraig Urbik) through waivers, FA, etc. Maybe we get lucky with an UDFA or mid-late round pick.

Fairley and Phil Taylor. Taylor is a monster and givs us two true NGs and allows us to move KW to DE. Nix said he wants to add 2 DEs this offseason, so one is Fairley and the other is KW. good bye rush defense problems. James Carpenter in the 3rd to start at RT or kick inside to G if he struggles. Herzlich in the 4th will need to strengthen up after his cancer treatments but should be a 8 yr starter at ILB.

Edited by Thoner7

Justin Houston will be a much better pro than Von Miller, IMO. I've taken my stance and I'm sticking to it. I plan on using these posts, as "told you sos" 3-4 years from now, and if I'm wrong, well then everyone will forget I said this anyways!

Fairley and Phil Taylor. Taylor is a monster and givs us two true NGs and allows us to move KW to DE. Nix said he wants to add 2 DEs this offseason, so one is Fairley and the other is KW. good bye rush defense problems. James Carpenter in the 3rd to start at RT or kick inside to G if he struggles. Herzlich in the 4th will need to strengthen up after his cancer treatments but should be a 8 yr starter at ILB.

Phil Taylor is a beast and I'd be happy with him at #34, maybe just as happy as I'd be with Houston. Taylor is a little raw, but he has the talent and potential to become your typical run stuffing NT. He also possesses the athleticism and quickness to beat a C/G and get in the QB's face quick. Occasionally, he'll have bad leverage and get spun around by an OL but he still has the awareness and strength to anchor down and plug the run.

His dominating Senior Bowl practices opened a lot of eyes, and I think it'll be tough for him to escape the 1st round. They're too many teams that run the 3-4, and in need of a NT, for him not to be selected late 1st (Jets & Steelers come to mind).

A nice youtube clip of Phil Taylor vs. Oklahoma:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezk5xKe_vHg

Edited by Estro

Phil Taylor is a beast and I'd be happy with him at #34, maybe just as happy as I'd be with Houston. Taylor is a little raw, but he has the talent and potential to become your typical run stuffing NT. He also possesses the athleticism and quickness to beat a C/G and get in the QB's face quick. Occasionally, he'll have bad leverage and get spun around by an OL but he still has the awareness and strength to anchor down and plug the run.

His dominating Senior Bowl practices opened a lot of eyes, and I think it'll be tough for him to escape the 1st round. They're are too many teams that run the 3-4, and in need of a NT, for him not to be selected late 1st (Jets & Steelers come to mind)

A nice youtube clip of Phil Taylor vs. Oklahoma:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ezk5xKe_vHg

Agreed and Agreed. Thoner I wouldnt hate your draft since it's essentially the same thing we're saying. Estro, I like that Barksdale in the 3rd pick. Going SEC 1,2,3 is not a bad thing!! :thumbsup:

Justin Houston will be a much better pro than Von Miller, IMO. I've taken my stance and I'm sticking to it. I plan on using these posts, as "told you sos" 3-4 years from now, and if I'm wrong, well then everyone will forget I said this anyways!

I generally agree w/ your draft insight, but feel Miller is going to be better than Houston. No knock on Houston, I like him.

If you had to compare him to a current pro, who would he be?

I generally agree w/ your draft insight, but feel Miller is going to be better than Houston. No knock on Houston, I like him.

If you had to compare him to a current pro, who would he be?

Houston would be our insurance policy (and replacement) for Merriman.

Justin came into the Combine at 6'3" 270lbs.

He'd be our Rush OLB, and could drop to DE when we go 4-3. He's basically Kelsay, but opposite, and good.

Houston and Miller play the OLB position very differently.

Edited by DrDankenstein

My dream would be...

1) Blaine Gabbert (alternatively, Von Miller)

2) Gabe Carimi

It's nice to dream.

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :beer:

1) Von Miller

2) Jake Locker

Alternatively, 1) Von Miller

2) Cameron Heyward

I'd love for the Bills to grow the best young defense in the league and those two guys will go a ways in getting us there.

1) Von Miller

2) Jake Locker

Alternatively, 1) Von Miller

2) Cameron Heyward

I'd love for the Bills to grow the best young defense in the league and those two guys will go a ways in getting us there.

Carimi tossed Heyward around pretty easily this past season, but I totally agree with you on Von Miller - especially since I think Gabbert will go to the Panthers anyway. I think Wannstache will push for Pitt DE Greg Romeus in round 4 - if the doctors pronounce him well, Romeus could be the steal of the draft if we get him in the mid-rounds.

The dream choices would be...

1. Fairley, Dareus or Quinn

2. Carimi, Sherrod, Solder, Watkins (am I leaving anybody out?)

(3. LB or DE depending on what they did with that first pick.)

It appears that there's going to be a quality O lineman there in the 2nd.