(OT) Blockbuster - no more late fees

stevestojan

It takes a special guy to alienate a chain store.  :lol:

159643[/snapback]

Let's just say, words were exchanged, money was "supposedly" owed, "security" was called, twilzlers were thrown, and apparently they have the ability to "blacklist" your card throughout the company.

That being said, this is STILL a scam. You get an extra week, but after that, you are automatically charged for the entire video. (which, for most of these has an MSRP of around $80-$90).

interesting... since I havn't been able to rent a movie from Blockbuster in 19 months due to an ugly little incident, maybe somone else could use this:

http://money.cnn.com/2004/12/14/news/midca...dex.htm?cnn=yes

159640[/snapback]

Stoj, did you throw a cup at one of the employees while you were there and then fight them when then jumped over the counter and went after you? hahaha

Let's just say, words were exchanged, money was "supposedly" owed, "security" was called, twilzlers were thrown, and apparently they have the ability to "blacklist" your card throughout the company.

159647[/snapback]

You threw Twizzlers? :lol:

That being said, this is STILL a scam. You get an extra week, but after that, you are automatically charged for the entire video. (which, for most of these has an MSRP of around $80-$90).

159647[/snapback]

This sounds like something you'd see on Real TV, hahaha...

What kind of security does Blockbuster call?

159875[/snapback]

I think once he was hit with the package of Twizlers, he went into "I've seen things like this in movies, and I should shout 'Security'" because after he yelled it (or yelped it) all that happened was another pencil neck employee walked over.

159647[/snapback]

I have the best chain store story ever. The short version is I was assaulted at a Petco by two dudes, I grabbed them both and Petco employees were saying to me"sir please calm down there are fish tanks everywhere" as I was about to throw two idiots through them

I think once he was hit with the package of Twizlers, he went into "I've seen things like this in movies, and I should shout 'Security'" because after he yelled it (or yelped it) all that happened was another pencil neck employee walked over.

159878[/snapback]

but twizzlers man?...no gobstoppers within reaching distance? :lol::angry::angry:

but twizzlers man?...no gobstoppers within reaching distance?  :lol:  :angry:  :angry:

159884[/snapback]

Ok, here's what happened. I went to rent a movie on a Thursday night. Grabbed a movie (no twizzlers), and headed to the register. I was having a great evening up to that point. Then, the guy tells me my acount is overdue in the amount of $91 and some-odd cents for "True Romance" (one of the best movies of all time by the way). I explained that I had returned that movie weeks ago. He explained that I had returned the empty case, and not the movie. He said they had tried calling me, and I was "ignoring" their calls. What ACTUALLY happened was I had recently switched to Verizon from Sprint and had a new number.

Anyway, I explained I would go look for it and come back. Went home, and there it was, on top of my TV, upside down with a bunch of PS2 Games and such. Anyway, I go back, and now he tells me I own $42 and some odd cents.

WHAT?

Late fees.

Ok Steve, deep breath. I explained to wonder-boy that I had obviously intended to return the movie, and I would be happy to call Sprint to assure him that my number had been canceled as a carrier switch. He said there was nothing he could do about it. It was weeks late, and that was that.

At this point, I lost it. I explained, in many colorful, 4 letter words how ridiculous what he was saying was. I then asked him to look up how many copies of True Romance they had and to tell me how many times it had been rented since then (see, if nobody even TRIED to rent it, they didnt loose any money with me). He said he couldn't do this, although I've since been assured he could have.

Anyway, at this point he tells me that I cannot rent any more movies until the late fee is settled. More 4 letter words, at which point he screeches "I need security over here". I actually started to laugh, and told him to f-ck off, I just wanted to PAY to rent a movie. Luckily, there were no too many people there, but the employees were all looking on, and the biggest one, just some fat kid, came over.

This, my friends, was "Security". Apparently, security is the same guy who's toughest day is wrapping his mind around the decision of whether the movie "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" goes before the A's as a numbered title or in the or in the T's.

Anyway, he just says "come on man, what's the problem?"... So, instead of explaining that, I take True Romance off the counter and start walking out. (Hell, if they plan on Billing me for it, I might as well own it). I actually saw red, in the form of a carboard display of Twizlers, grabbed a handful of packages, and threw them at the kid. (See, I was OK until that point, then I just looked like a fool). Anyway, since then, I have moved, TWICE, and have yet to be able to rent anything. I do wonder what it says on that screen though. . .

BTW, is "True Romance" that Christian Slater movie where they go around killing people?

159928[/snapback]

It does have Christian Slater, along with: Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Gary Olman, Brad Pitt, Christopher Walken, Samuel L Jackson, Bronson Pinchot (Balki from Perfect Strangers :lol: ), Michael Rapaport, and James Gandolfini to name a few !

AWESOME movie. And they don't really go around killing people. Its not a "Natural Born Killers.

It does have some good action, but the plot is great.

It does have Christian Slater, along with: Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Gary Olman, Brad Pitt, Christopher Walken, Samuel L Jackson, Bronson Pinchot (Balki from Perfect Strangers :angry: ), Michael Rapaport, and James Gandolfini to name a few !

Bronson Pinchot? Sold! :lol:

AWESOME movie. And they don't really go around killing people. Its not a "Natural Born Killers.

Ah, that's what I was sort of getting it confused with.