(OT) Blockbuster - no more late fees

stevestojan

Ok, here's what happened. I went to rent a movie on a Thursday night.  Grabbed a movie (no twizzlers), and headed to the register. I was having a great evening up to that point. Then, the guy tells me my acount is overdue in the amount of $91 and some-odd cents for "True Romance" (one of the best movies of all time by the way). I explained that I had returned that movie weeks ago. He explained that I had returned the empty case, and not the movie.  He said they had tried calling me, and I was "ignoring" their calls. What ACTUALLY happened was I had recently switched to Verizon from Sprint and had a new number.

Anyway, I explained I would go look for it and come back. Went home, and there it was, on top of my TV, upside down with a bunch of PS2 Games and such. Anyway, I go back, and now he tells me I own $42 and some odd cents.

WHAT?

Late fees. 

Ok Steve, deep breath.  I explained to wonder-boy that I had obviously intended to return the movie, and I would be happy to call Sprint to assure him that my number had been canceled as a carrier switch. He said there was nothing he could do about it. It was weeks late, and that was that.

At this point, I lost it. I explained, in many colorful, 4 letter words how ridiculous what he was saying was. I then asked him to look up how many copies of True Romance they had and to tell me how many times it had been rented since then (see, if nobody even TRIED to  rent it, they didnt loose any money with me). He said he couldn't do this, although I've since been assured he could have.

Anyway, at this point he tells me that I cannot rent any more movies until the late fee is settled. More 4 letter words, at which point he screeches "I need security over here". I actually started to laugh, and told him to f-ck off, I just wanted to PAY to rent a movie. Luckily, there were no too many people there, but the employees were all looking on, and the biggest one, just some fat kid, came over.

This, my friends, was "Security". Apparently, security is the same guy who's toughest day is wrapping his mind around the decision of whether the movie "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" goes before the A's as a numbered title or in the or in the T's.

Anyway, he just says "come on man, what's the problem?"... So, instead of explaining that, I take True Romance off the counter and start walking out. (Hell, if they plan on Billing me for it, I might as well own it).  I actually saw red, in the form of a carboard display of Twizlers, grabbed a handful of packages, and threw them at the kid. (See, I was OK until that point, then I just looked like a fool). Anyway, since then, I have moved, TWICE, and have yet to be able to rent anything. I do wonder what it says on that screen though. . .

159909[/snapback]

LOL :lol::angry:

Bronson Pinchot?  Sold!  :lol:

159960[/snapback]

Also as Barry in Risky Business:

Joel:  Boffing and !@#$ing are the same thing, Barry.

Barry:  They are?

Joel:  Yeah.  What did you think it was?

Barry:  I thought it was something else.

Joel: [cracks up]

Barry:  S-hit!

:angry:

BTW, is "True Romance" that Christian Slater movie where they go around killing people?

159928[/snapback]

Yes, and written by Quentin "Pulp Fiction" Taratino..

Some of the stars in this movie:

Christian Slater

Patricia Arquette

Dennis Hopper - The scene when he gets shot is one of my all time favorites..

Val Kilmer

Gary Oldman ( Plays a PIMP )

Brad Pitt - Pot Head

Christoper Walken

Samuel L Jackson

Michael Rapaport

James Gandolfini !!!

Yes, its in my top 10 of all time..FANTASTIC flick......

Let me clear the air...I work for Blockbuster and just sat through a 2-hour meeting about this...

The price they charge for the movie will be how much it costs to buy a used copy of the movie at Blockbuster...It may be slightly higher for newer movies but not MSRP...probably not more than $20-25 minus the rental price

If your credit card does get charged, your card can be fully refunded (not store credit) when you return the item just minus the $1.25 restocking fee but you have to do it in person...BTW your Blockbuster account doesnt have to have a credit card attached to it...we just perfer it for security purposes..

In my opinion...giving people an extra week to bring a movie or game back is more than enough time to return an item and IMHO if you keep something more than 30 days after its due then you deserve to pay for it...Blockbuster could have rented that item out 4-5 times during those 30 days and made more money on it than what we would charge you to keep it. :)

I'll answer any questions you guys have....I work at the one Niagara Falls Blvd in the Burlington Plaza in Amherst

And Todd I've rented over 600 items in 3 years while working there (I get 5 freebies a week) and have not seen any censorship, but if you have an example I'd like to hear about it...

Let me clear the air...I work for Blockbuster and just sat through a 2-hour meeting about this...

The price they charge for the movie will be how much it costs to buy a used copy of the movie at Blockbuster...It may be slightly higher for newer movies but not MSRP...probably not more than $20-25 minus the rental price

If your credit card does get charged, your card can be fully refunded (not store credit) when you return the item just minus the $1.25 restocking fee but you have to do it in person...BTW your Blockbuster account doesnt have to have a credit card attached to it...we just perfer it for security purposes..

In my opinion...giving people an extra week to bring a movie or game back is more than enough time to return an item and IMHO if you keep something more than 30 days after its due then you deserve to pay for it...Blockbuster could have rented that item out 4-5 times during those 30 days and made more money on it than what we would charge you to keep it.  :)

I'll answer any questions you guys have....I work at the one Niagara Falls Blvd in the Burlington Plaza in Amherst

And Todd I've rented over 600 items in 3 years while working there (I get 5 freebies a week) and have not seen any censorship, but if you have an example I'd like to hear about it...

160790[/snapback]

No offense, but Netflix has made Blockbuster its little B word......Netflix is one of the greatest things since sliced bread, and I have had zippo need to set foot in a Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, etc. in two years. They've taken a HUGE chunk of your business, and anyone who loves movies (and convenience) will eventually find their way to this service.

"No offense, but Netflix has made Blockbuster it's little B word......Netflix is one of the greatest things since sliced bread, and I have had zippo need to set foot in a Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, etc. in two years. They've taken a HUGE chunk of your business, and anyone who loves movies (and convenience) will eventually find their way to this service."

I've had bad experiences with BB on both coasts (including the NF Blvd.) store and one here in CA. and will NEVER - EVER do business with them again.

And that was after Wayne H owned them

The stupid late fees were their downfall - they pissed off so many people - forever

Netflix is an absolute :):lol::o:D:D:D