Amidst the euphoria in Egypt

Buftex

:blink: Did you have a minor stroke writing this paragraph? I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Yes, I'm sure the mob all said to each other, "Hey, that's Laura Logan. I watch her on 60 Minutes every week, let's get her!!!!"

I notice you dodged the question of rape being more prevalent in Egypt or the US, since you know, rape is such an integral part of the Muslim culture.

You're the one with the comprehension problem since you keep talking about rape in the singular sense. For the last time, we're talking about GANG assaults. Not one animal raping a women like you keep inferring. I'm absolutely positive that gang rapes/assaults are far more prevalent in Egypt.

Sorry, but this attempt of making equal the American and Egyptian cultures, makes you and your liberal friends look foolish.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the one with the comprehension problem since you keep talking about rape in the singular sense. For the last time, we're talking about GANG assaults. Not one animal raping a women like you keep inferring. I'm absolutely positive that gang rapes/assaults are far more prevalent in Egypt.

Sorry, but this attempt of making equal the American and Egyptian cultures, makes you and your liberal friends look foolish.

Um. KD is FAR from liberal. Just sayin.............

But it is only practiced in Islamic countries right?

Nope. For example: it's practiced in Kenya (primarily animist or Christian). But it's virtually unknown in Tunisa or Morocco (primarily Muslim).

Again, it correlates with TRIBALISM, not Islam.

Uh, no I don't. I'm simply refering to a crime that you keep ignorantly insisting is cultural norm. Or is your argument that only 'gang rape' is a cultural norm but not any other crimes (that would be even funnier).

But please...share with us your fact finding on gang rape being far more prevalent in Egypt than in the US, you know, since you are "absolutely positive" about it.

Of all the laughably ignorant assumption made on this forum.....:lol:

The best part is the blinding intelligence you use by assuming anyone who doesn't froth at the mouth with some 'KILL ALL THOSE BROWN PEOPLE AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT!!!' response to this particular crime must be a liberal. I'm sure if I looked back you were all sorts of fired up about the "Ground Zero Mosque" too.

It is racist morons like you that give conservatives such a bad name.

Uh, no I don't. I'm simply refering to a crime that you keep ignorantly insisting is cultural norm. Or is your argument that only 'gang rape' is a cultural norm but not any other crimes (that would be even funnier).

But please...share with us your fact finding on gang rape being far more prevalent in Egypt than in the US, you know, since you are "absolutely positive" about it.

Of all the laughably ignorant assumption made on this forum.....:lol:

The best part is the blinding intelligence you use by assuming anyone who doesn't froth at the mouth with some 'KILL ALL THOSE BROWN PEOPLE AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT!!!' response to this particular crime must be a liberal. I'm sure if I looked back you were all sorts of fired up about the "Ground Zero Mosque" too.

It is racist morons like you that give conservatives such a bad name.

Calling someone a racist ends all serious discussions and only proves you've lost the argument. It's widely regarded as the "No Mas" of political message boards. You and DC Tom make a perfect match..."Darn, I got nothin', I know I'll call him a name! That's it! What a brilliant idea!"

You guys are a piece of freaking work I tell ya...have a nice day gents.

Calling someone a racist ends all serious discussions and only proves you've lost the argument. It's widely regarded as the "No Mas" of political message boards. You and DC Tom make a perfect match..."Darn, I got nothin', I know I'll call him a name! That's it! What a brilliant idea!"

I almost commented on you calling KD a racist this morning, but with your erratic writing style, I figured you might have meant him (being conservative) and everyone else arguing with you was a liberal. No, turns out you aren't even familiar with the posters on PPP.

Oh and actually, I would normally agree with the bolded, except in this case. You may not mean to, but your posting history really smacks of racism.

I almost commented on you calling KD a racist this morning, but with your erratic writing style, I figured you might have meant him (being conservative) and everyone else arguing with you was a liberal. No, turns out you aren't even familiar with the posters on PPP.

Oh and actually, I would normally agree with the bolded, except in this case. You may not mean to, but your posting history really smacks of racism.

Prove it. Seriously, show me my racist quotes tough guy.

BTW skippy, if I was a racist I wouldn't even care what they do to their women. You know, the ones who aren't exactly white.

Oh and just so you know, by "they" I mean the ones who cut the clitorises off of women, bury their women up to their necks and crush their skulls in with rocks, whip their woman in public.

So run along now, you've got your homework assignment for the night. Prove me a racist buddy.

Actually, I believe the "No Mas" of internet message boards is the old "you said XXXX, therefore you forfeit the debate and I win!!!" move, which most people left behind in fifth grade. Good for you for sticking to what you know. Obviously it's easier for you than answering any of the question I've posed to you, or supporting in anyway your ignorant statements.

Congratulations on being the connor of the right.

I'm about the last person who ever labels people that way since I consider race baiting/excuse making in this country to be as big a problem as actual racism, but when some idiot condemns an entire race and/or religion of people based on a single crime (or a single terrorist attack as the case may be), I'm not sure what else you can call it.

Prove it. Seriously, show me my racist quotes tough guy.

BTW skippy, if I was a racist I wouldn't even care what they do to their women. You know, the ones who aren't exactly white.

Oh and just so you know, by "they" I mean the ones who cut the clitorises off of women, bury their women up to their necks and crush their skulls in with rocks, whip their woman in public.

So run along now, you've got your homework assignment for the night. Prove me a racist buddy.

I don't have to prove it, you already have.

Edit - Skippy? :lol:

I'm about the last person who ever labels people that way since I consider race baiting/excuse making in this country to be as big a problem as actual racism, but when some idiot condemns an entire race and/or religion of people based on a single crime (or a single terrorist attack as the case may be), I'm not sure what else you can call it.

I am still laughing at him calling you a liberal.

Edited by Booster4324

Nope. For example: it's practiced in Kenya (primarily animist or Christian). But it's virtually unknown in Tunisa or Morocco (primarily Muslim).

Again, it correlates with TRIBALISM, not Islam.

You name the ONE country that is not Muslim and claim tribalism.

Sorry your sample group is not big enough.

The majority of countries that have stoning as a lawful punishment are MUSLIM.

If it is law of the land tribalism is not going to excuse it.

Some results from that recent poll the Pew Research Center took on Egyptian public opinion:

77% believe thieves should have their hands amputated

82% believe adulterers should be stoned.

84% believe that apostates from Islam should be executed.

Thieves? Lara was accused of being both a Jew and a citizen of a country that supports Israel's "stealing" of sacred land.

Adulterers? Lara was a woman dressed quite provocatively by their standards.

Apostates? Caucasians over there are assumed to be Christians.

Whether this violent mindset came to be from Islam or from tribalism or from some combination of the two...the point is that a clear majority of Egyptians believe in some pretty violent and irrational codes of behavior. I don't think it is so far-fetched to believe that an attack similar to what Lara Logan endured is much more likely to occur in a country - like Egypt - where violence is that much more condoned (and where women are that much less respected as citizens).

Actually, I believe the "No Mas" of internet message boards is the old "you said XXXX, therefore you forfeit the debate and I win!!!" move, which most people left behind in fifth grade. Good for you for sticking to what you know. Obviously it's easier for you than answering any of the question I've posed to you, or supporting in anyway your ignorant statements.

Congratulations on being the connor of the right.

Prove it, show me the quote where I condemned an entire race or religion based on a single crime or terrorist attack. If I'm a racist, why would I care what they do to their women who are not white? Are you a misogynist? Because you obviously have a problem with my criticisms.

This "you're a racist" garbage has officially gotten out of hand. I do feel it's libelous and violates the TOS. I'm asking that the mods weigh in on this issue because I certainly won't be coming over here at the PPP any longer unless there are at least ground rules like not being able to continually label someone a racist without cause.

Prove it, show me the quote where I condemned an entire race or religion based on a single crime or terrorist attack. If I'm a racist, why would I care what they do to their women who are not white? Are you a misogynist? Because you obviously have a problem with my criticisms.

This "you're a racist" garbage has officially gotten out of hand. I do feel it's libelous and violates the TOS. I'm asking that the mods weigh in on this issue because I certainly won't be coming over here at the PPP any longer unless there are at least ground rules like not being able to continually label someone a racist without cause.

Get a thicker skin. Not liking M. Vick is considered a clear sign of racism here. I have been called a racist because I admire Clarance Thomas [ a "uncle Tom"?] Racism is the first thing the weak throw at you. Ignore it.

Get a thicker skin. Not liking M. Vick is considered a clear sign of racism here. I have been called a racist because I admire Clarance Thomas [ a "uncle Tom"?] Racism is the first thing the weak throw at you. Ignore it.

I tried to ignore it, but when the number of people doing it grows to three I felt the need to at least make note of this practice. I came to this thread to condemn a systematic culture of brutality against women, ALL women no matter what race they are.

I tried to ignore it, but when the number of people doing it grows to three I felt the need to at least make note of this practice. I came to this thread to condemn a systematic culture of brutality against women, ALL women no matter what race they are.

Again, ignore it or just confine your self to criticizing the evil that is Christianity. That seems to make people feel all good and enlightened, and they will never call you racist.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

While some people are castigating CBS for not releasing more details, I think they've done a fairly good job of trying to protect Ms. Logan's privacy. Respectable news outlets don't identify sexual assault victims at least, against their wishes. If she wants to discuss it at some point, fine, but give her that choice. Whispered accounts are no better than the people who stood by and took pictures.

The gaping maw of people who need to know everything (and feel they have the absolute right to peep into other people's private moments) these days is particularly saddening. Compassion is dead.

Like Bradley Manning and Julian Assange.