Amidst the euphoria in Egypt

Buftex

Yes...but not because of Islam. Most the Middle East's problems relate back to either tribalism or colonialism.

You know when you wouldn't care if the problems were rooted in colonialism, tribalism, or Islam?

Theoretically about 30 seconds after your head started rolling/bouncing down a flight of stairs, that's when.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're more than happy to paint an entire region because of your self-percieved notion of what the Muslim religion is but you have nothing to say when flash mobs of rape happen within our own borders.

No it's their pathological abuse of women, from stoning rape victims for "Adultery" to their clitoral circumcisions.

Every time something like this happens apologetics like you come out and defend it as isolated instances, and totally ignore the fact that it is a culture over there.

The sad part of the Logan attack is that some dumbass liberal ahole thought exactly like you and sent her there.

Living amongst Muslims, I can tell you that they do treat their women as 2nd class citizens at best. The women can't even go watch their own sons play soccer.

I don't believe anyone has refuted that anywhere in this thread. However, that is only tangentially relevant to the crime at hand. A crowd of men used the cover of chaos to attack a women; they are certainly scumbags, but there's nothing about that crime unique to Egypt or Islam.

Or are you suggesting that Laura Logan would have been perfectly safe covering the LA riots in 1992, or the NYC Puerto Rican Day parade in 2000?

While it's obvious that there've been brutal gang rapes and attacks here in the US, you simply can not ignore the major difference here. There's religious, cultural and political facets at work. There are islamic states that practice sharia law, that systematically cut the clitoris off of the female population, that bury women up to their necks to stone them for "crimes" such as infidelity, that publicly whip them for minor offenses. This is evil pure and simple.

The attacks made here in the US are evil mobs, however they're random occurrences. This attack is an evil mob who follow a political agenda that wants to foist evil and brutal punishments against women (and men) in the name of a systematic religious governing regime all over the world. Do all muslims believe in sharia law? No. But there is apparently a large number of them that do. A large enough number that sharia law rules entire countries. The grand prize for muslims is to eventually have the US be ruled by sharia law. If you don't believe that then you're as naive as CBS.

Since the attack, I have yet to see a female reporter reporting from one of these islamic countries. Maybe this will be a wake up call to the evil and misogynist practices of islamic states.

While it's obvious that there've been brutal gang rapes and attacks here in the US, you simply can not ignore the major difference here. There's religious, cultural and political facets at work. There are islamic states that practice sharia law, that systematically cut the clitoris off of the female population, that bury women up to their necks to stone them for "crimes" such as infidelity, that publicly whip them for minor offenses. This is evil pure and simple.

Those aren't Islamic traditions.

The attacks made here in the US are evil mobs, however they're random occurrences.

Really? I thought the majority of rapes victims knew their attackers.

This attack is an evil mob who follow a political agenda that wants to foist evil and brutal punishments against women (and men) in the name of a systematic religious governing regime all over the world. Do all muslims believe in sharia law? No. But there is apparently a large number of them that do. A large enough number that sharia law rules entire countries. The grand prize for muslims is to eventually have the US be ruled by sharia law. If you don't believe that then you're as naive as CBS.

When was the last time a Westerner was targeted for gang rape in the ME when it wasn't in the middle of a national revolution?

In summary, it sounds like you are arguing that rape is a far more common occurrence in Egypt than in the US, which I would certainly question.

Really? I thought the majority of rapes victims knew their attackers.

When was the last time a Westerner was targeted for gang rape in the ME when it wasn't in the middle of a national revolution?

In summary, it sounds like you are arguing that rape is a far more common occurrence in Egypt than in the US, which I would certainly question.

Sorry, I thought we were discussing gang rapes by mobs of men. Oh yes that's right we were discussing that very thing. Not singular, "gang" rapes and assaults.

When was the last time an American woman was forced to have her clitoris cut off? Buried up to her neck and had her head crushed by animals throwing stones?

I was discussing that while there are gang assaults in both countries, the Egyptians gang of men assaulted CBS's (one of America's big 3 networks) top female reporter. Whipping her and calling her a Jew and American B word. It wasn't just some "random" woman. Women are mere property to these scum of the earth types. A gang assault is horrific no matter what, but pretending that there's not a cultural and political agenda with the Logan assault is living in a la la land.

Yes, I know what sharia law is.

Stoning is not part of it.

I was discussing that while there are gang assaults in both countries, the Egyptians gang of men assaulted CBS's (one of America's big 3 networks) top female reporter. Whipping her and calling her a Jew and American B word. It wasn't just some "random" woman. Women are mere property to these scum of the earth types. A gang assault is horrific no matter what, but pretending that there's not a cultural and political agenda with the Logan assault is living in a la la land.

So from what you admit is a specific attack against an American for being American, you're generalizing the entire culture's attitude towards women?

:lol:

No, it's not.

http://stop-stoning.org/node/9

Is stoning still practiced? In which countries?

Yes. Stoning to death has been introduced as a legal form of punishment for the "adultery of married persons" (zina al-mohsena) in Afghanistan, Iran, Nigeria (about one-third of the 36 states), Pakistan, Sudan, and the United Arab Emirates. Some of these countries have since repealed the law of stoning. While the penalty has never been carried out in Nigeria, or by the state in either Pakistan or Iraq, incidents of stoning have been carried out by communities, seemingly encouraged by the existence of the punishment in law.

So from what you admit is a specific attack against an American for being American, you're generalizing the entire culture's attitude towards women?

Why are you defneding them?

http://stop-stoning.org/node/9

Is stoning still practiced? In which countries?

Yes. Stoning to death has been introduced as a legal form of punishment for the "adultery of married persons" (zina al-mohsena) in Afghanistan, Iran, Nigeria (about one-third of the 36 states), Pakistan, Sudan, and the United Arab Emirates. Some of these countries have since repealed the law of stoning. While the penalty has never been carried out in Nigeria, or by the state in either Pakistan or Iraq, incidents of stoning have been carried out by communities, seemingly encouraged by the existence of the punishment in law.

That doesn't make it Islamic law.

Why are you defneding them?

Why shouldn't I?

Not an entire religion (see culture), but a religion large and powerful enough that it rules (see perpetrates evilness) over entire countries.

There are peaceful muslims (see Kareem Abdul Jabar), there's are also a large population of evil minded muslims in the world that want sharia law the world over. It's beyond sick and disturbing what muslim men do to women. Note what all of the countries listed have in common in the link I've provided here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting

Hopefully the revolutions happening in the ME will eventually result in freeing women from this kind of evil systematic mutilation.

Note what all of the countries listed have in common in the link I've provided here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting

Note what all the countries listed have in common: tribalism.

In fact, the data in your link suggests - roughly - that genital mutilation is more prevalent where there's less centralization and control - that is, in more tribal cultures not dominated by a common identifying belief or authority...y'know, like Islam.

Note what all the countries listed have in common: tribalism.

In fact, the data in your link suggests - roughly - that genital mutilation is more prevalent where there's less centralization and control - that is, in more tribal cultures not dominated by a common identifying belief or authority...y'know, like Islam.

Roughly is right, notice how they couldn't find any reliable data in those "controlled" islamic countries? What they do figure is that "roughly" 2 million girls are genetically mutilated every year in the world. How you can find a silver lining "it's becoming a less popular practice" point in that is beyond me. They don't have the data so let's fall on the side that it's become less popular? Is sharia law becoming less popular too?

Edited by 1billsfan

How you can find a silver lining "it's becoming a less popular practice" point in that is beyond me. They don't have the data so let's fall on the side that it's become less popular? Is sharia law becoming less popular too?

Could you do me a favor and argue with what I ACTUALLY POST, and not just pull **** out of your ass?

Sorry, I thought we were discussing gang rapes by mobs of men. Oh yes that's right we were discussing that very thing. Not singular, "gang" rapes and assaults.

:blink: Did you have a minor stroke writing this paragraph? I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

When was the last time an American woman was forced to have her clitoris cut off? Buried up to her neck and had her head crushed by animals throwing stones?

Yes, I'm sure the mob all said to each other, "Hey, that's Laura Logan. I watch her on 60 Minutes every week, let's get her!!!!"

I notice you dodged the question of rape being more prevalent in Egypt or the US, since you know, rape is such an integral part of the Muslim culture.

Edited by KD in CT