Maceio, Brazil

CountDorkula

Hi Evereybody!

I will be traveling to Maceio Brazil in the next month(mid march) I've heard/read online that it is one of the most beautiful places that has yet to be discovered by major tourists in Brazil.

Im really excited, except for the 15 hours worth of flying time (27 hours total with layovers) :wallbash: I will have a couple galsses of wine before we take off for brazil that is for sure :thumbsup:

Was wondering if any of you gents (or ladies) have ever been to Maceio, and if there is any advice you could give?

Id appreciate it.

Never been there.

However, as someone who does have to fly (sometimes on long flights) frequently I would suggest that you go easy on the wine and hard on water or caffeine free drinks. That length of time in the air will dehydrate you. If you are like me and can't sleep on an airplane (easily) take a tylenol PM or equivalent.

Have fun on your trip.

Never been there.

However, as someone who does have to fly (sometimes on long flights) frequently I would suggest that you go easy on the wine and hard on water or caffeine free drinks. That length of time in the air will dehydrate you. If you are like me and can't sleep on an airplane (easily) take a tylenol PM or equivalent.

Have fun on your trip.

Thanks i hopefully will. That is what i was going to do with the wine have a glass or 2 before take off to help me sleep on the plane. Noted on the tylenol, thanks. I find it very difficult to sleep on planes

No.

Thanks Chef, I really appreciate your advice. I am forever in your debt.

Thanks Chef, I really appreciate your advice. I am forever in your debt.

There is only one way for you to repay the advice you received from Chef Jim. Until you offer him some advice you will remain his slave.

Have a blast on the trip!

(just in case you're the 'adventurous' type my advice to you is to watch several segments of "Locked Up Abroad")

Thanks i hopefully will. That is what i was going to do with the wine have a glass or 2 before take off to help me sleep on the plane. Noted on the tylenol, thanks. I find it very difficult to sleep on planes

I also know some people who pop Ambien before boarding long flights. It is a prescription med and people who use it apparently have some difficulty waking up fully if they don't have a full eight hours of sleep time after taking it. For me when I am travelling, especially in an unfamiliar location,I much prefer to have my wits about me.

Hey anytime. You're just lucky you caught me on a slow Monday. :D

Noted. Next time i need advice im coming directly to you.

I also know some people who pop Ambien before boarding long flights. It is a prescription med and people who use it apparently have some difficulty waking up fully if they don't have a full eight hours of sleep time after taking it. For me when I am travelling, especially in an unfamiliar location,I much prefer to have my wits about me.

I think I will just throw a sleep aid back and somewhat tire myself out the day before so I can rest on the plane. The flight from JFK to Rio is about 13 hours so I should have plenty of time to recover.

If you go swimming in a river don't pee in the water.

I thought that was only if you are swimming upstream? :unsure:

• 1 month later...

I just got back from my trip and i must say, This is one of teh most beautiful places i have ever been to in my life. I strongly reccomend if you are planning a vacation out of teh US, you consider Maceio (Mah-Sy-a). It is the exact opposite of Rio. Stay at one of the hotels on the Beach and relax all vacation. Get a umbrealla and chairs on the beach and they will bring you all the beers you can drink.

Again I strongly reccomend if you go on a vacation out of the country you consider here.

I just got back from my trip and i must say, This is one of teh most beautiful places i have ever been to in my life. I strongly reccomend if you are planning a vacation out of teh US, you consider Maceio (Mah-Sy-a). It is the exact opposite of Rio. Stay at one of the hotels on the Beach and relax all vacation. Get a umbrealla and chairs on the beach and they will bring you all the beers you can drink.

Hey did you stop at that bar in town I told you about and try one of their Caipirinhas? If not you really blew it.

Again I strongly reccomend if you go on a vacation out of the country you consider here.

Thanks for the advice but..........

The flight from JFK to Rio is about 13 hours so I should have plenty of time to recover.

If you can afford it, or have sufficient airline miles, then I would suggest an upgrade to first class (or even business class if available).

What airline? What size aircraft?

Because his trip was over a week ago?

Oopps. Well, I have been busy of late. Guess I should have noticed that. We refer to the date at the top of the page as a clue in the LE community.......:blush: