Am I The Only One Who Wants The Bills...

jjmac

If we can actually get the hybrid 4-3 that we can alt in to 3-4 with the same players it would be great.

We almost have the pieces to do that. Kelsey going back and forth at end to OLB, Moats, too. The DL can easily switch with the right rotations anyway.

There's also the argument that with teams switching to the 3-4, more talent would then be available of players who fit the 4-3.

The pickin's get pretty slim at good NTs when so many teams run / are going to the 3-4.

It also puts a lot of onus on LBs --- a very costly unit that has one of the highest injury rates. Some would prefer to put stock into guys on the line who have more, shall we say, natural padding. Then, the theory would be that as these DL get more pressure on the QB. As OLs have gotten bigger and more adept at blocking, I guess the consensus in the NFL has shifted toward a need to create confusion (re: which LB may be blitzing) rather than lining up fat guys against fat guys.

If we could get Fairley or Bowers, I would be all for reverting to a most-of-the-time 4-3 to clog up the middle and if they don't get penetration/pocket pressure/bat down passes (it seems like every team in the NFL except the Bills gets 2-3 bat-downs a game) they at least force the run to the outside.

Edited by UConn James

I want the Bills to get back to being among the NFL's elite defensive units - whatever scheme, personnel, and/or assigned nomenclature is of far less concern to me than us being able to consistently shut down opposing offenses for 60 minutes every Sunday.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Fear the 'stache!!!!! B-)

When we got Wanny I thought for sure it was to enhance the 3-4 with his background. Now I'm not so sure. It takes a while to aquire the right type of players for the 3-4. I think we were all turned off by Jaurons version of the 4-3 which sucked because the 4-3 is not a bad defense, its the Tampa 2 that has run its course. I say go with the Hybrid, we can add players for that a lot quicker

I like the 4-3 better for us. I do see the upside of the 3-4 having more versitility/confussion in it. But at the same time I think there is more 4-3 talent coming out of college these days than 3-4 talent, and theoretically you can be bigger in the front 7 by having 4 lineman instead of 4 LBs.

Trading back, adding Quinn and Phil Taylor rnd 2 would give us a great 4-3 DL.

Title says it all, folks.....flame away!

We should stick with the 3/4. We haven't had success under the 4/3, i wasn't happy with Donahoe's decision to switch to the 4/3 to begin with given our success rate under dc's Walt Corey, Wade Phillips, and Ted Cotrell and personnel at the time. Buddy should stick with the 3/4. Darius in the first, Phil Taylor in the second our starting line would be LE Williams - NT Taylor - RE Darius

Well I thought we drafted last year on the premise that we were converting to a 3-4. Merriman was signed and his background is 3-4. On the flip we extended Kelsay who can only contribute in a 4-3. Poz cannot play middle in a

4-3 so he must be out if we go that way. It appears much like our hybrid defense we have a hybrid front office that picks up players that fit both systems yet never has enough good players to be good at either.