Degrees of seperation question

Just Jack

i am gonna say 3, even if it was his first wife. While i don't stand by this as official word...my mom's brother was married twice, I still call the first wife "aunt". there are kids with both wives and I consider them all first cousins..

just my uniformed opinion...course pictures would help in anwering... :devil:

Is my aunt (my uncles second wife) one degree seperated or three?

Me - mother - uncle - aunt

or

Me - non blood related aunt

Thanks

I know but I heard something interesting this week and am trying to figure out how many degrees seperated I am from a historical person.

Degrees of separation based on familiarity or family relationship? By familiarity, it's one degree. By family relationship, it's three degrees by affinity (as opposed to your uncle, who you're separated from by three degrees by consanguinity).

Degrees of separation based on familiarity or family relationship? By familiarity, it's one degree. By family relationship, it's three degrees by affinity (as opposed to your uncle, who you're separated from by three degrees by consanguinity).

Familiarity. Okay now with that answered, I have a three degree seperation from Hitler. My aunts mother was once patted on the head by Hitler and told what a beautiful little girl she is.

Familiarity. Okay now with that answered, I have a three degree seperation from Hitler. My aunts mother was once patted on the head by Hitler and told what a beautiful little girl she is.

Was für ein schönes kleines Mädchen du bist!

Hitler does have relatives living the US. A nephew defected. Changed his name of course.

Link

In 1939, William Patrick and his Irish-born mother Bridget moved to America, courtesy of newspaper billionaire William Randolph Hearst who was sponsoring William Patrick Hitler's anti-Nazi cross-country American lecture tour titled "My Uncle Adolf."

The Fuehrer thereafter referred to William Patrick as "my loathsome nephew."

After World War II, William Patrick Hitler changed his last name and moved to Patchogue, a middle class city in New York's Long Island, where he married and raised four sons: Alexander, Louis, Brian, and Howard, the last of Adolf Hitler's paternal bloodline and the only known living relatives.

All of William Patrick's sons are childless. According to David Gardner's 2002 book, "The Last of the Hitlers", the brothers had taken a pact to bring their part of Adolf Hitler's bloodline to an end