Ranking Bills Weakest Positions

BB-Gun

What is the Weakest (worst) position on the Bills  

165 members have voted

1. 1. #1 worst position

2. 2. #2 next worst position

My #1 was LB - We don't have 3-4 linebackers! most are carry-overs from when we played the 4-3. We have Moats and Posluszny. Poz is better suited to be the weak inside linebacker spot. Moats can rush the passer but haven't shown he can cover or stop the run. Batten and Merriman are question marks because they are coming off injuries.

#2 was DL - Need another DE to play opposite Dwan Edwards, and for rotation. Also need a true NT for rotation.

round 1 - Daquan Bowers DE

round 2 - Martez Wilson ILB

round 3 - Jerrel Powe NT

My #1 was LB - We don't have 3-4 linebackers! most are carry-overs from when we played the 4-3. We have Moats and Posluszny. Poz is better suited to be the weak inside linebacker spot. Moats can rush the passer but haven't shown he can cover or stop the run. Batten and Merriman are question marks because they are coming off injuries.

#2 was DL - Need another DE to play opposite Dwan Edwards, and for rotation. Also need a true NT for rotation.

round 1 - Daquan Bowers DE

round 2 - Martez Wilson ILB

round 3 - Jerrel Powe NT

I agree with the two top choices, reverse the order though.

Major diff. I think is Dwan Edwards: good player in the past, but are the days when he can get and stay healthy also in the past?

Add a season-ending hamstring tear to previous injuries and the season-ending injury in 2008 resulting in spinal fusion surgery, failed physicals from Broncos and Seahawks.

I think it's reasonable to question his longevity with the Bills.

For that reason I think we need help on DL more than LB. Even though Kelsay as a linebacker -- whose idea was that?

Need bigger, stronger, faster, linebackers ... and a true Nose Guard and let Williams, Troupe, Carrington, Edwards, etc., play DT if they stick with the 3-4, or, more interior help and a serious edge rusher if they go back to 4-3. Either way, the biggest need is play-makers on the front 7 of defense

#1DL, #2LB - The bills had the worst run stop Defense in the league.

Not a whole lot to add to this. Can't stop the run, can't put pressure on opposing QB's, D can't get off the field, O can't (typically) win from behind.

Stop the run, get pressure on the opposing QB so the D can get off the field, the O can find some rhythm and we're > .500

LB and then DB.

LB

I don't mind Poz, but he's a free agent. This leaving the only spot that can be considered as filled is one of the OLB spots, by Merriman, who is injury prone and an unknown due to his lack of output the past few seasons. To fill the LB spots I would resign Poz and draft ILB & OLB with 2 of their top 3 picks giving Davis and Kelsay someone to compete with/beat them out going into camp. Moats can act as insurance for Merriman.

DB

With Florence, Whitner, Wilson, and Youboty all free agents this leaves the unit needing to replace two starters and a key reserve (Wilson) along with depth at CB. Not to mention an old and brittle Terrance McGee is filling one of the starting CB spots currently. To fill this position I would draft Patrick Peterson #3 overall.

I didn't include DL as the long term plan is to move to a 3 man line which will include the Bills best player in Kyle Williams, their one legitimate free agent signing from last year in Dwan Edwards, and developing two of their top 3 picks in Troupe and Carrington. The development is what we are waiting on. Wouldn't be surprised to see Stroud cut and a free agent NT signed moving Williams to DE.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

#1 RT - Name one on our roster worth being in the NFL. You cant say that about any other position on the team.

#2 ILB - Poz and ??? Poz may not be ack next year. If he isnt, then you could say we dont have any ILBs on the roster worth being in the NFL.

#3 TE - I dont think we have any at all.

**It cant be DL when we had 2 rookies, a former PBer, and a guy who some had as the D MVP on teh DL.

There was a good point on here made about D. Edwards. He hasn't been healthy the last three years, really. So, if we can't count on him, and if Stroud continues to be mediocre, then what do we have if you take away those two? Currently, I'd say our D-line would look like: K.Williams, T. Troupe, Carrington. Now, if Troupe adds some muscle and can become more of a true NT, and Carrington turns into a B. Smith prototype, then we'd be fine with that. But... maybe, in that light, our D-line is just as leaky as our linebacking corps.

Given that D-linemen typically go fast, we probably should secure a Dareus or Fairley type in the 1st, get our linebackers in the next few, and hope to add a truer NT in F.A., if we can't get that Taylor kid in the 2nd.

I also don't believe our O-line is quite near the comfort zone yet. I think if all our O-linemen go into 2011 healthy then we have a pretty good group in the middle, with two capable C's and 3 capable G's, with our backup C also G capable. So, I think one very good Tackle would make our line better able to handle the certain injuries we'll see throughout a season.

LB- It was embarrassing every Sunday to watch everybody and anybody run up and down the field. Buddy seems he wants to go 3-4, so i see us adding at least 4 Lbs this offseason. Whether draft or fa, we need some big linebackers. I think and hope free agency will take place this spring but who knows now with the CBA.

OT- I put this second because i could not imagine if something happened to D Bell which almost did since he was 3/4 healthy this season. We would be in a disastrous looking o-line. We not only need a starting RT but we need DEPTH!

No poll like this is complete with out TE but you much like our favorite team didn't include it. :wallbash:

I would rank it

LBs in and outside

ROT and swing for back up and Dline in a toss up

TE

and back ups upgrades all around as we saw later in the season we have no depth at a lot of positions. I hope both draft and FA brings in some genuine talent is some of these places but honestly still see us us as being 2 years away from filling many of those holes.

BTW, I think if we did add these players Fitz would look better but we could certainly use a very good back up for him at least. Personally, I think he is good enough but again no depth. No protection and "he makes the line look better", "You can't throw the ball when you are on your butt".