Buddy's oppinion

If Buddy is OK with the Oline as it is, then it's no wonder the Bills can't run nor keep the quarterback upright. If Wood moves to center, then whomever is plugged in at Wood's guard spot will be a significant dropoff from Wood. So, they upgrade their center position and downgrade their RG position. Meanwhile, neither LT or RT are even average. Buddy can say and think what he wants. But, I, and thousands of other Bills fans saw both tackles consistently savaged by the opposition's defense throughout the season... and that was with keeping a TE and RB in to block in passing situations.

I don't think you can get the "Trooth" from Buddy @ this time of the year. No GM or coach is gonna come out and say " we really like this" and we don't like that" with the draft and FA looming. If they did they would lose any leverage in trade and contract negotiations.

The only statement from Buddy that I could hang my hat on is that we won't be drafting Von Miller or Casey Matthews , or any other undersized linebacker. Which is a good thing. And I also think the Bills drafting AJ Green is looking more and more like a strong possibility.

I don't think you can get the "Trooth" from Buddy @ this time of the year. No GM or coach is gonna come out and say " we really like this" and we don't like that" with the draft and FA looming. If they did they would lose any leverage in trade and contract negotiations.

The only statement from Buddy that I could hang my hat on is that we won't be drafting Von Miller or Casey Matthews , or any other undersized linebacker. Which is a good thing. And I also think the Bills drafting AJ Green is looking more and more like a strong possibility.

Since draft will likely occur before any FA activity I hope Buddy is looking to fix the D specifically the LBs and DE, yes a playmaker on offense may be nice but I still think the defense and Rt should be primary focus this year and start addressing WR and RB in 2012

Absolutely yes. Wood and Levitre combined make what percentage of Peters' current salary?

Good point. I should care how much Mr. Wilson pays good players.

And I also think the Bills drafting AJ Green is looking more and more like a strong possibility.

Agreed. As the draft approaches, the chances of stupid moves such as this become more and more likely. Maybe it will be a tossup between Green and Peterson.

Bell is not a bruiser like a proto-type RT. His best feature is his agility, but he is not strong enough. He doesn't provide a lot of push on the run. He is agile enough to handle speed rushers, but gets thrown around a bit too much.

Offensive Tackle is a glaring weakness on this team, but OTs don't sell tickets, so this position is neglected year after year.

No love for love :thumbdown: , rather take Clint Boling.

I want either 1 of the 3 big tackles from the North team. I think all3 can play the right better than the left right off the bat. Or Marcus Gilbert from Florida in the later rounds, or James Carpenter from Alabama.

We will grab a tackle in this draft. Hopefully its in the earlier rounds. Think Wang is a wasted pick.

I like buddys comment on qbs, that we will draft on this year. Think itll be Dalton.

Kaepernick would be better, Danny Watkins is very tough and could play RT and is ranked with Gilbert and Carpenter.

No love for love :thumbdown: , rather take Clint Boling.

Kaepernick would be better, Danny Watkins is very tough and could play RT and is ranked with Gilbert and Carpenter.

Danny Watkins could be the guy. From what I have heard, he looks really good. Although he played at Baylor, he is

from Canada and probably would fit right in in the south (Buffalo) ;) In any event, Gailey should get a good look

at him this week.

Gailey addressed this very thing in his post season wrap-up. He acknowledged that Bell has to get stronger, and that he really couldn't even work out last off season because of his injury (the legs especially couldn't be worked). And he didn't practice on Wednesday's during the season.

Here's what Buddy said about Bell in Mark Gaughan's article:

"Listen, there's one thing about that guy that we know for sure, he won't bail out on you, because if he was going to he would have done it this year. He played hurt the whole year. ... He'll get stronger and be healthy and be a good player."

Two good things here: Gailey and Nix recognize what needs to be done. And Bell is committed to doing just that. I think the kid has a breakout season in '11.

so Buddy is hitching his wagon for the most important LT position to a player that has not been healthy his entire pro career.

sounds like a really good plan- good thing we have some good backups if Bell can't stay out the training room

so Buddy is hitching his wagon for the most important LT position to a player that has not been healthy his entire pro career.

sounds like a really good plan- good thing we have some good backups if Bell can't stay out the training room

Or... he's hitching his wagon to a guy who gutted it out, and played well in spurts even after an ACL injury that often sidelines guys for a whole campaign. Bell has always been a raw guy with the tools but not the craft and the chiseling to take it to the next level. I had been a doubter, but I think he can become the player they're looking for with a very productive offseason regimen. It wouldn't stop me from acquiring more talent for either tackle position, but that's just as much for depth as for anything else.

This team needs immense help at the Tackle position. I'll be extremely skeptical of Nix and our front office if they neglect this position, yet again.

I would like to see them take an OT in the first 3 rounds, but doubt that'll happen. Nix loves to point out what happened in SD while he was there and as an example, from 2001-07, the Chargers selected 4 OT's, 3 of whom were 5th round and later. Their lone top 3 round pick was of course Marcus McNeill in 2006. I really don't think he places a high priority there, and figures with enough dumpster diving of other teams practice squads, UDFA's and looking for street free agents that he'll find someone eventually. For the record, I can't find one decent UFA OT SD signed from 01-07 while Buddy was there either.

The best thing that happened to the OL this season was Fitzpatrick taking over. He was obviously way more decisive than Trent, and covered up for bad to mediocre pass protection. Someone will point out the sacks allowed was lower in 2010 than 2009, but a QB can make the OL better than it really is which is what Fitzgibbons did. Run blocking continues to be an issue, although Buddy and Chan said Spiller would make the OL better. I guess we all missed that, because neither back he nor FJ had much to work with. This, along with being down early forced Gailey to call more than 56% passing plays (519 pass 401 rush) this season.

can't make that conclusion

Buddy already was on board with drafting a similar pass rushing LB who weighed even less - in his attempt to get a impact playmaker