And then there were 36.

Here they are in chronological order from the time that they arrived:

2001: Moorman

2003: Lindell, Kelsay, McGee

2004: Wilson, Evans

2005: Parrish

2006: Jackson, Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, Williams, Ellison

2007: Scott, Corto, Huggins, Posluszny

2008: Stroud, Spencer Johnson, Stupar, McIntyre, McKelvin, Corner, Stevie Johnson, Bell

2009: Brohm, Watkins, Sanborn, Florence, Hangartner, Fitzpatrick, Maybin, Wood, Levitre, Byrd, Shawn Nelson

Who stays and who goes? That is to say, who makes the 53-man opening roster next season and who doesn't?

I already count 8 guys we can all agree are as good as gone (McCargo, Youboty, Ellison, Corto, Huggins, Stupar, Brohm, Watkins).

But what about the other 28? Discuss.

2008: Stroud, Spencer Johnson, Stupar, McIntyre, McKelvin, Corner, Stevie Johnson, Bell

2009: Brohm, Watkins, Sanborn, Florence, Hangartner, Fitzpatrick, Maybin, Wood, Levitre, Byrd, Shawn Nelson

Who stays and who goes? That is to say, who makes the 53-man opening roster next season and who doesn't?

I already count 8 guys we can all agree are as good as gone (McCargo, Youboty, Ellison, Corto, Huggins, Stupar, Brohm, Watkins).

I don't think the Bills will resign Whitner.

Ellison isn't a good fit for a 3-4; he's depth for a 4-3 only; so he's gone. It's possible Youboty stays, but he's more a gamer than a practice guy and he's not hit the field to prove it recently. He's had some nice moments, but wouldn't shock me if he's gone. His chances improve if we don't keep Drayton whom I think we should keep. Maybe Corto sticks at bottom of roster for Special teams. Those last roster spots are crapshoots.

I think gone: 7 + (your 8 - maybe youboty)

Brohm Not up to NFL speed

Stroud Lost a step and not effective enough for that much money.

Nelson - a receiving TE that doesn't catch well enough and can't block well enough with major health risks.

Could easily purge a dozen from this group of underachievers.

McCargo will be gone. Maybin looks like he is running out of time here. Possibly Whitner too.

Prefer to do this once I see who we draft, who we sign, etc. I do expect a large number of them to be gone.

The ones I would keep/resign are bolded. Every one else either needs to be cut or traded

I would maybe keep Sanborn just because I don't know about the longsnapper market. I understand snapping is an important part of plays, but I just think having a longsnapping only guy is a wasted roster spot. If Evans can be traded for an early 4th (sorry, these Evans for a 2nd round pick posts arenot probable), I would do so; otherwise, he has one year left on his contract.

The other guys are either overpaid, underperforming, injury prone, or aren't even viable backups.

The ones I would keep/resign are bolded. Every one else either needs to be cut or traded

I would maybe keep Sanborn just because I don't know about the longsnapper market. I understand snapping is an important part of plays, but I just think having a longsnapping only guy is a wasted roster spot. If Evans can be traded for an early 4th (sorry, these Evans for a 2nd round pick posts arenot probable), I would do so; otherwise, he has one year left on his contract.

The other guys are either overpaid, underperforming, injury prone, or aren't even viable backups.

I would add McGee, Evans and Parrish to your list of overpaid (Evans), underperforming (Evans, Parrish) or injury prone (Parrish & McGee) and they all have little or no future value. McGee is on the downside of a good career but now has trouble staying on the field, Evans quit three years ago and Parrish almost got started this year (his 5th) but we now have a new smurf in Spiller that can under produce just as easily. Two undersized players on offense is one two many.

I can agree that Evans, Parrish, and McGee all are overvalued now because of their salary, performance, or injury history. I would probably keep them though just because Parrish and McGee wouldn't bring a draft pick in a trade, and cutting Evans would just be a salary dump (he's owed about $9 million), and I doubt he would get anything higher than a 4th round pick.

Simply stated, Evans, Parrish, and McGee are worth more to the Bills' (many holes on offense and defense) for one more season than trading or releasing them until suitable rookies or free agents can fill their spots.

What's wrong with McIntyre? he's a good fullback and special teams player. I hope he doesn't go anywhere.

McIntyre should stay over Stupar. Corner could stay, especially if we lose Drayton Florence.

The rest should be shown the door.

Edited by Bob in STL