Bills and Ravens Should Switch Places in Divisions

Moose

The old rivalries seem to have out-lived their relevance. I'd like to see the Bills move to compete with their Lake Erie neighbors, the Steelers and Browns (along with the Bengals) - and let all those "East Coast" teams go at it.

This has nothing to do with our team's competitiveness, or lack thereof... it's just that Buffalo really is the odd man out when it comes to the identity of the AFC East Division. We belong with Pittsburgh and the teams from Ohio.

/my2¢

The old rivalries seem to have out-lived their relevance. I'd like to see the Bills move to compete with their Lake Erie neighbors, the Steelers and Browns (along with the Bengals) - and let all those "East Coast" teams go at it.

This has nothing to do with our team's competitiveness, or lack thereof... it's just that Buffalo really is the odd man out when it comes to the identity of the AFC East Division. We belong with Pittsburgh and the teams from Ohio.

/my2¢

agree -- also baltimore is quite the rivalry with all three of the other afce teams.

/my2¢

That would make too much sense, and the NFL can get downright stubborn about those alleged rivalries.

/my2¢

I am of the thinking that Baltimore-Pittsburgh is one of the best rivalries in the NFL right now. No way the NFL puts those 2 teams in seperate divisions.

Also, it's the AFC North now.

Edited by machinegun12

agree -- also baltimore is quite the rivalry with all three of the other afce teams.

A number of years ago when Pittsburgh was moving to the AFC the league wanted to move Buffalo out of the AFC East and put them in a division with Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Ralph said no because he wanted to maintain the Miami rivalry. It is difficult to change the opinion of a stubborn man.

I would rather see the Bills in the NFC West. Better chance to make the playoffs. Other than that it would make absolutely no sense. A division "realignment" would be good for the NFL though.

It would definitely give it more of a regional college rivalry feel.... It seems logical...

Though I will play devil's advocate and ask... Wouldn't it be much more enjoyable to soon see the Bills finally beat Belichick, Ryan and those damned Dolphins and win the division..? It sure would shut most of the obnoxious NFL analysts up...

I would rather see the Bills in the NFC West. Better chance to make the playoffs. Other than that it would make absolutely no sense. A division "realignment" would be good for the NFL though.

...Of course being in the CFL East would be a upgrade from the NFL West.....lol

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

/my2¢

I totally agree and have been telling anyone who would listen, Buffalo belongs with the rustbelt cities...

With all due respect to the poster who started this thread but is there any groundswell to realign divisions? I haven't heard anything. What's the point of making this thread if its just a wish thing? We have discussed this to death when Seattle was relocated to the NFC.

Bad move from a marketing and recruiting perspective. New York, Boston, and Miami are much bigger markets and our businessman owner knows it.

bills get half the gate from away games. Ralph wants half of the Jets and Pats home gate with their high priced tickets, not poor boys Cinci and Cleveland. Ralph must be hated by visiting teams. Half of the gate at the Ralph is like 1/4 of the gate anywhere else. When another owner sees a Bills away game they have to fire two or three staffers to compensate for the revenue reduction !