Draft i would love to see

BIllsNation

Here is what I would do.....

- Somebody below us loves Cam Newton....you better believe it.....

- Maybe someone like the niners?

- Trade down with San Fran.....take their 2nd rounder

- Take Darius at San Frans pick

- Now you can get Marcus Cannon in the 2nd....and I guarantee you he will not be there in the 3rd....is is a perfect RT

- Then take your LB in the 2nd

Totally agree with this.

Last Time we drafted because of luxury we got Spiller. Neither way sounds good. Of Course, it will be a year or two behind a good line that will help Spiller. The Maybin pick was terrible I agree. I was so hoping we would grab Orakpo, but that is my usual feeling when I hear who the Bills pick in the first round. So this is my thinking. We need a D-Line and an O-Line, so We will pick a CB now. Figures.

Spiller was BPA. The fact that he was a RB made it seem like a luxury pick. Nix will continue picking BPA on a team with little to no talent. If BPA at #3 is Peterson or Green, then so be it. This team is not set at any one position. We need talent everywhere, so that's exactly what Nix is going to do. This rebuilding process is going to take more than one year. It's not like we'll have a top defense because we draft Fairley, Bowers, or Dareus at #3. The key is to continue drafting elite talent, and building your team around that talent. I'd rather have the best WR or CB in the entire draft, then the #3 defensive lineman because it fits a need.

Spiller was BPA. The fact that he was a RB made it seem like a luxury pick. Nix will continue picking BPA on a team with little to no talent. If BPA at #3 is Peterson or Green, then so be it. This team is not set at any one position. We need talent everywhere, so that's exactly what Nix is going to do. This rebuilding process is going to take more than one year. It's not like we'll have a top defense because we draft Fairley, Bowers, or Dareus at #3. The key is to continue drafting elite talent, and building your team around that talent. I'd rather have the best WR or CB in the entire draft, then the #3 defensive lineman because it fits a need.

So do NFL GMs. THis team is too awful to not take BPA at #3. We also have a decent amount of players who are FAs and could very well not be back.

Too many holes, not enough picks.

And lets stop with the .... well lets just trade down... crap. I cant recall a team ever trading out of a top 5 pick. Can someone show me an example of that? im serious, im not sure its happened.

Edited by K Gun Special

So do NFL GMs. THis team is too awful to not take BPA at #3. We also have a decent amount of players who are FAs and could very well not be back.

Too many holes, not enough picks.

And lets stop with the .... well lets just trade down... crap. I cant recall a team ever trading out of a top 5 pick. Can someone show me an example of that? im serious, im not sure its happened.

It happens. Here is one that I found quickly

2009 - Cleveland trades the 5th pick in RD1 to NYJ for the 17th and a 2nd rounder

I actually do think we have gaping holes in some areas and far less needs in other areas. We are pretty solid in the secondary. If we need to fill those spots why cant we use later draft picks here. We need lots of help on the D-Line. We need one or two line backers, maybe another strong safety. I would say that thats it for Def. On The O- We need better Lineman, (LT) Multiple Lineman. We are still weak here. D-Bell is nothing more than a back-up. another TE. A good one. And a QB of the future.

Our Run Defense was terrible this year you can fix that with a good draft and Free Agency. You have to get that first pick right. That is a pick that you cannot mess up. The Bills have crapped the bed when it came to that pick for years now. How did you feel when we drafted Whitner at 8? Well, I was pissed, and for good reason. No more BPA, unless it's our areas of need.

I do think that Farley will be picked first or second, That will open up the spot for Dareus. I just prey we don't pick the LSU CB. That would suck. We need a good run stuffer. Dareus is solid. I have to disagree on the QB spot. I think all the talk about Malletts mobility will drop him to the second round. but look at Sanchez, Brady, Matt Ryan. They are not Burners, but have all the rest of the tools. If Mallett or Locker slip to the second I would grab either one of them in a heartbeat. Casey Matthews would be a great pick up in the third, but he will be gone.

Maybe the Bills coaching staff can help Mallett adjust to the speed of the pro game by adjusting the bolts on the side of his neck.

Dez Bryant was BPA.

one thing i do not want to see is a quarter back taken. all of the QB's in this years draft are overrated and not NFL ready. Buddy nix is unpredictable with his draft so my dream draft will look nothing like his but this is how i would love to see the draft go.

Rd 1. Marcel Dareus DT Alabama- fairley will be gone and bowers has only had one good season

Rd 2. Martez Wilson LB Illinois- good second round steal if hes availible

Rd 3. Casey Mathews LB Oregon- may go late in the second round but would be a great pick if hes still around

Rd 4. Marcus Cannon OT TCU- great size and a good run grinder

Rd 4. John Moffit OG Wisconson- played for the best rushing attack in college football could help out if Urbik doesnt work out for us

Rd 5. Andy Dalton QB TCU- i watched him a lot this year he could develop into a decent player

Rd 6. Greg Romeus DE Pitt- late round sleeper who had a good career at Pitt

Rd 7. Robert Hughes RB ND- great work ethic, great character, great size, great player. good power back for short yard situations he will be here because he did not play a lot in NDs offense because they switched to a spread and hes a pro back style overall a great steal

I like that draft but I'd prefer Barksdale in the second

I'd like that draft too!

I hope the Bills don't screw this year's draft up. There is so much potential in rounds 2-4.

Cannon will be gone before the 4th but if somehow they got Moffit & Cannon in the 4th The O-Line would most likely be finally fixed, to boarding on great.

what site is that from?

"To acquire Sanchez, the Jets traded their first- and second-round choices (17 and 52), plus three marginal players - defensive end Kenyon Coleman, quarterback Brett Ratliff and safety Abram Elam."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/04/25/2009-04-25_jets_trade_up_and_take_usc_qb_mark_sanchez_with_fifth_overall_pick.html#ixzz1BVBT0dro

The reason I post this is because I think the draft/points chart is outdated and this helps prove it. Teams are willing to make trades given many circumstances including how many picks they have, if players are included, the desirability of a given player.

Edited by stony

I'd like Matthews.......not sure he will be around that long...ya never know I guess.

I like your draft. Don't see some of your players such as MAtthews and Romeous lasting that long, but if they do and we get them they will provide an instant spark for our D. Another option instead of Romeous if he's gone is Sherad from Pitt.

um ricky williams was traded for in the top 5, what about the eli manning year? rivers....

marshall faulk was traded in his prime for a top pick.

mike vick for LT all that was in the top 5 picks

basic google search will show you more. it happens