Anyone else not enthralled by the DLs after Fairley?

1billsfan

I disagree....In addition to those mentioned, you have Cameron Heyward, Cameron Jordan, JJ Watt, Kerrigan and about 5 others who will be drafted in or near the 1st round. That's a lot of D-line depth. If we can't find what we need this year, we never will.

I personally like either Cameron. Both look Justin Tuck-ish to me.

I've been watching a lot of the youtube highlight clips and I'm not coming away impressed by any of these guys like Bowers, Dareus, Quinn and on and on. Am I the only one finding this group a bunch of busts in waiting?

I'm starting to hope for a trade down for an extra second or more picks and take one of the top OTs, or just draft Green and try to outscore the Pats and Jets next year.

I like Dareus from what I've seen. I like him better than Fairley, actually.

I also think there are some guys who haven't been talked up too much yet (a la Gabbert) but who are good. Clayborn? I think JJ Watt is a beast.

It's hard for me to grade college performance b'cuz I don't always understand the opponent's level of quality

Marcell Dareus - 6'4, 300, quick, strong and runs a 4.5 40. The real deal.

Wow if the guy actually run's a 4.5 40 i am very impressed, can't think of anyone that big ever being that fast! I would think come workout time he is nowhere near that fast, a 4.8 would be extremely impressive for a man that big.

That's all I need to hear. NO THANKS. Raw=Maybin

So, you'd prefer a seasoned defensive lineman out of the draft?

Do you think the Bills would find such a person in free agency or via trade?

EVERYONE in this draft is raw when it comes to playing the NFL.

I don't know about you, but these guys look like they all could be special - Claybourn, Fairley, Dareus, Bowers, Quinn, Alden Smith, and there's even the Ohio St. DE. That's seven defensive linemen, not to mention Paea?, and the DT who got suspended along with Quinn who's projected first round. There'll probably be one third of the 1st round going to D-linemen. That's not to mention linebackers - although, the linebacker class and the offensive line are the two weakest parts of this draft. Hopefully we'll get what we need to make our group better in those positions - but, it is a strong class for D-line, Wide Reciever, QB (in my opinion, there'll be five or six NFL QB's eventually starting out of this group).

So, I don't think we can go wrong drafting D-line. We should go get the best guys where we need them, and a legitimate all-star probowler if we can, the best of the best at 3, I'd say, but, in all, this draft we should come out of it with our D-line fixed, front seven help, and a prospect at QB. Maybe even secondary finished, too, if we get Peterson at 3. We can fix our O-line in F.A., and we can bring in a LB there, too, if need be.

We're picking AJ Green anyway..

If AJ Green is the best player at 3 that would still be a good pick for this team, fill a need, provided they dont pass up a defensive stuff. However it would provide another weapon for an offense that still lacks playmakers, making opposing defensive coordinators have to game plan for AJ, Lee and Stevie with our running game would help the offense score more.

With that opinion said, Lee Evans is clearly not a #1 neither is Stevie, AJ would fit the bill.

Lets not forget free agency comes first, so if the team can sign a few players at key positions of need and re-sign their own ufa's they feel should be part of their long term plans then that will help them going into their draft plans and draft the best player despite position..

Edited by RocBillsfan

Lets not forget free agency comes first, so if the team can sign a few players at key positions of need and re-sign their own ufa's they feel should be part of their long term plans then that will help them going into their draft plans and draft the best player despite position..

This is where you would normally be correct but it's not the case this year.

The existing CBA expires on March 3rd and there will be no free agency period until a new CBA is agreed to.

What this means is that for the first offseason in memory, the draft may happen before the free agency period.

That's all I need to hear. NO THANKS. Raw=Maybin

<_< Yeah because just bc Maybin sucks that means every player who wasn't a four year starter sucks right? What about Piere Paul in last years draft? That guy was as green as the come and he lodged 4.5 sacks last year while not even starting a game. Yeah I know if he was so good then why didn't he start? Justin Tuck and Usi Umenyiora are their starting DEs and both had 11.5 sacks this year. I think he's going to be a stud. Anyway, almost all the underclassmen are extremely raw especially if they come from programs like Alabama where they might not even break into the starting lineup untill year 2 or 3 because they have 1st day NFL picks in front of them (like Dareus).

Please find a link to a video where Bowers looks awesome.

youtube.com

Any video coming up after searching "daquan bowers" will do. He is a techtician vrs the run. And regardless of what some posters may have read on some 3rd grade mock draft site, he is a DE regardless of the defense he plays in.

youtube.com

Any video coming up after searching "daquan bowers" will do. He is a techtician vrs the run. And regardless of what some posters may have read on some 3rd grade mock draft site, he is a DE regardless of the defense he plays in.

I already did that. That was the purpose of my post. That after watching them, top rated guys like Bowers didn't look like anything special that warrants a 3rd pick in the draft. That's why I was hoping you could provide a link to a video where he looks "awesome". Do you have one?