Wilson and Brown were right in 2006

major

A somewhat biased article, but yes, Wilson has been vindicated in this regard. He may not be a football genius, but he knows business and what is a bad business decision.

Wilson simply wanted the owners to play a little more hard ball with the players union. The owners in 2006 were just too afraid that the growth of the league would be slowed by a work stoppage that they were willing to concede big time to the players just to get it through and avoid a lock out.

Wilson knows the owners deal from a position of strength why give that up so quickly? Also the CBA is really complicated in any sport why were they given only 45 minutes to read it? Craft wasn't forward thinking all Ralph was doing was saying why should I vote for this because you told me to? I want to be able to fully comprehend this enormous business decision before I pass it.

Ralph said he didn't understand it because Jones and Kraft gave the other owners 45 minutes to read the deal. The deal was railroaded through. When Ralph called it the media labeled him an old coot.

PTR

Especially Colin Cowherd! He was merciless.........I don't listen to that asshat anymore, now that I've found the joy of podcasts........Did he ever admit Ralph was right?

Especially Colin Cowherd! He was merciless.........I don't listen to that asshat anymore, now that I've found the joy of podcasts........Did he ever admit Ralph was right?

Yes, sort of. I stopped listening to him for another reason* soon after. But, one spring day, he did sort of touch on it saying that "maybe Ralph Wilson didn't deserve the criticism he got from 'the media'". :rolleyes: As though he had nothing to do with it.

*I'm no big soccer fan, but how exactly does the USA world cup team advancing = a vindication of millions of US soccer fans'(all named Zack, btw) "life choices"? WTF does that even mean? Thank God we had Cowherd there then, to psychoanalyze millions of people's entire lives, since they are all the exact same :lol: ...based on a f'ing soccer game. :rolleyes:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Yes, sort of. I stopped listening to him for another reason* soon after. But, one spring day, he did sort of touch on it saying that "maybe Ralph Wilson didn't deserve the criticism he got from 'the media'". :rolleyes: As though he had nothing to do with it.

*I'm no big soccer fan, but how exactly does the USA world cup team advancing = a vindication of millions of US soccer fans'(all named Zack, btw) "life choices"? WTF does that even mean? Thank God we had Cowherd there then, to psychoanalyze millions of people's entire lives, since they are all the exact same :lol: ...based on a f'ing soccer game. :rolleyes:

Well then I do have to give him credit, sort of. At least he mentioned it. Too bad he didn't replay the clips of him mocking him.

The worst part about that soccer thing to me is then ESPN at some point seemed to tell him to get on board with soccer because the World Cup would be coming in a few years. So, then all of a sudden he was Mr. Soccer. One of the few days I listened to him for any amount of time in the last year was after the World Cup final game. I wanted to see if he was even talking about it.........Of course, he never even mentioned it in the open and seemed like it wasn't going to come up the whole show. His mission was over - no need to promote soccer now that the WC was over.

Can you imagine him not talking about the Super Bowl the next day?

Well then I do have to give him credit, sort of. At least he mentioned it. Too bad he didn't replay the clips of him mocking him.

The worst part about that soccer thing to me is then ESPN at some point seemed to tell him to get on board with soccer because the World Cup would be coming in a few years. So, then all of a sudden he was Mr. Soccer. One of the few days I listened to him for any amount of time in the last year was after the World Cup final game. I wanted to see if he was even talking about it.........Of course, he never even mentioned it in the open and seemed like it wasn't going to come up the whole show. His mission was over - no need to promote soccer now that the WC was over.

Can you imagine him not talking about the Super Bowl the next day?

Yes, this from the guy who claims he isn't a "company man". As soon as ESPN started pushing the NBA, Cowherd started bashing the NHL for hours on end. :rolleyes: He claims to argue with his bosses all the time. About what I wonder? Whether Fire Island is just as good as South Beach? :D

If ESPN started pushing lacrosse, how much do you want to bet that good old Colin, from a fishing village in Washington State, of all places, would start talking about how much he has always admired it? I wonder if he would analyze and admire the Life Choices of lacrosse players. :D

Yes, this from the guy who claims he isn't a "company man". As soon as ESPN started pushing the NBA, Cowherd started bashing the NHL for hours on end. :rolleyes: He claims to argue with his bosses all the time. About what I wonder? Whether Fire Island is just as good as South Beach? :D

If ESPN started pushing lacrosse, how much do you want to bet that good old Colin, from a fishing village in Washington State, of all places, would start talking about how much he has always admired it? I wonder if he would analyze and admire the Life Choices of lacrosse players. :D

Yeah, and if that happened, he's such a frontrunner that you know he'd claim to be lifelong Syracuse or Johns Hopkins fan!