Text: Wanny meets with Bills Defensive Staff

JoeF

Not sure why we need to let Edwards save face. Why keep him?

Why do you think he is "saving face". The guy turn down the DC job at Florida to come to Buffalo. He might actually be well repsected by people who know the game? Edwards was a first year DC and he had the worst front 7 in the NFL to work with. They sucked at stopping the run before he ever got there and on top of that they ask him to switch to a 3-4. Here are your linbebackers - Chris Ellis, Aaron Maybin, Poz, Ellison and Chris Kelsey .. Good Luck Mr. Edwards!! Oh, and your best player Aaron Schobel, he retired. But don't worry we will give you Dwan Edwards, Andra Davis, Troup and Carrington. woo hoo!!

Just maybe Edwards is a bright and talented guy that will learn from Wanstadt?

Look at the Pats*. They lost both coordinators and their GM and they replaced them from within. good organizations grow talent from within, that includes Players, coaches, scouts, and front office.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I blame Wanny for taking his time and exploring all his options - though my money would still be on him joining the Bills, based on his relationship with Chan Gailey, the loftier title of Ass't HC in Buffalo, the Browns' HC Pat Shurmur's complete lack of experience as a head coach, and the golden opportunity to be part of a stellar turnaround about to occur here in The BuffTown...

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

FEAR THE 'STACHE!!!!! B-)

post-2970-068113400 1295299981_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Can't say I blame Wanny for taking his time and exploring all his options - though my money would still be on him joining the Bills, based on his relationship with Chan Gailey, the loftier title of Ass't HC in Buffalo, the Browns' HC Pat Shurmur's complete lack of experience as a head coach, and the golden opportunity to be part of a stellar turnaround about to occur here in The BuffTown...

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

FEAR THE 'STACHE!!!!! B-)

If the Bills were to get the stache they would have alrady done it. You can bet its Ralph. When has he paid for qualified coaches? Yeah a few times but not a lot.

If the Bills were to get the stache they would have alrady done it. You can bet its Ralph. When has he paid for qualified coaches? Yeah a few times but not a lot.

I couldn't disagree more - if they Bills (i.e., Ralph) didn't want Wannstadt, or were not willing to pay him, they would never have brought him here last week to interview and meet with the entire defensive coaching staff.

The only one holding this up is Wannstache, and I believe he'll he on board very soon. He's just looking at all available opportunities, and maybe even getting a read on other teams coaching staffs. JMO, of course.

Fear the 'stache.

post-2970-068993700 1295309359_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

I couldn't disagree more - if they Bills (i.e., Ralph) didn't want Wannstadt, or were not willing to pay him, they would never have brought him here last week to interview and meet with the entire defensive coaching staff.

The only one holding this up is Wannstache, and I believe he'll he on board very soon. He's just looking at all available opportunities, and mayber even getting a read on other teams coaching staffs. JMO, of course.

Fear the 'stache.

Here's hoping your right and I'm wrong but I think they probably brought him in here gave him a low offer with a big title like asst.head coach and hoped he would take it. I think he lands in Cleveland.

Here's hoping your right and I'm wrong but I think they probably brought him in here gave him a low offer with a big title like asst.head coach and hoped he would take it. I think he lands in Cleveland.

We've been led down the aisle, then left at the altar, by bigger names than Wanny - so your skepticism is certainly understandable.

I just think that he'll come here because

1) Cleveland HC Pat Shurmur is a rookie HC and probably in over his head - a disastrous tenure in Cleveland won't help Wanny's résumé

2) Shurmur's interviewing anyone who'll fly to Cleveland to be pitched (Jauron's also interviewing for the spot)

3) Gailey and Wannstadt already have a good relationship from their time together in Miami

4) The prospects for an amazing turn-around are far better with the Bills - what other team has so much room for improvement???