PR: a hidden plus side to Williams and Merriman?

I'm pleased about the probowl for Kyle Williams sake.

I'm pleased Merriman has been quoted saying when he got to B'lo and got to know the personnel, his feelings changed and he wanted to help

I'm hoping a "hidden" plus side to both will be: perhaps it will be easier to lure some top D talent to B'lo

Maybe they won't be 1 good player of 11 but maybe have a chance to be a star on an up-and-coming team and play with some guys who could really work with them to build something good

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEYYYYYYY

If we offer it, they will come..

I kind of wonder on this.

The playing career is short and the NFL salary only lasts while the playing career goes on.

I think top-notch players want more than money - a legacy that will take them beyond their playing years, a chance to be regarded as the best, as a pro amoung pros.

Smart top-notch players also know that legacy will open doors to them when their playing days are done.

Commercials, endorsements, business opportunities, opportunities in the media -- all of these come easier to guys who have played for winners, and the exposure that comes with playing for winners.

At the very least, no top-notch player wants to be on a team that's embarrassed on a regular basis, or where he's the only "Charley Hustle" on team that is phoning it in.