Another Mock (Post Luck Decision)

No freaking chance. It's not what they're thinking, and also the last thing they'd want to be associated with is Jauron's secondary-obsessed drafting

We might not have a choice...when we pick the best players left on the board may be Petersen, the Prince, and A.J. Green.

I'm hoping for Bowers or Fairley, but given both may be gone I would not mind this pick at all. McKelvin looks completely overwhelmed as an NFL corner and McGee now has health issues (plus he's aging). I think Florence is our best CB and he could be gone. Peterson is the best CB prospect in the draft and a Top 5 recruit. Why would anyone have a problem with this pick?

A pass rush will improve our secondary play. If we passed on fairley there, I would be very upset, and I would have to go for a long walk...as I did after-flowers, mcgahee, losman and whitner picks. Needless to say, buffalo keeps me in shape.

I'm hoping for Bowers or Fairley, but given both may be gone I would not mind this pick at all. McKelvin looks completely overwhelmed as an NFL corner and McGee now has health issues (plus he's aging). I think Florence is our best CB and he could be gone. Peterson is the best CB prospect in the draft and a Top 5 recruit. Why would anyone have a problem with this pick?

Because like I alluded to, this is not a Jauron-cover 2 philosophy which prioritizes talent in the secondary over the front 7. Gailey's choice of 3-4 will emphasize LBs first, followed by NT, followed by RDE. They'll take the best guy available for their front 7, unless they go with Newton. Think Steelers.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

For everyone saying there's no way that would happen. How many would of dismissed the chances the Bills take a RB with their first pick last year.

Which means we shouldn't rule out the possibility of selecting AJ Green if he is there as well.

Is the plan here to post every stupid mock that comes out? I mean, seriously, why would anyone post a mock where the author's rationale for the Bills picking a corner is that they had a good secondary last year because everyone could run on the Bills at will. So naturally the Bills will pick a cornerback.

Do you guys even read this crap before posting it?

Best player available..but in a position of need. Hell we haven't done that in years...so why start now.

If we had we would have Haloti Nagota, Orakpo and Bulaga instead of Spiller Maybin and Whitner.

Anyway...there is an opportunity to get the best defensive lineman in the draft or the best outside linebacker in the draft or the best offensive tackle in the draft. Givewn that we could start a defensive end or tackle and there are only two teams ahead of us I would say we Can't screw this up. I would say that except we have a history of screwing this up.